2. The time we found a somewhat shrill comment by one Robert Mills on Red Lobster’s Facebook page and rallied the Internet to his cause.
3. The Best Indie Rock Christmas Parody Ever
4. Cats Imitating Art
5. The time I got to interview THE MOST FAMOUS CELEBRITY IN THE WORLD
6. And also the time when we figured out SCIENTIFICALLY why cats are better than dogs.
7. Yoga Positions Demonstrated By Animals
8. Peggy’s Existentialist Animals
9. A rare and poignant moment when we got to talk about 18th Century poetry on BuzzFeed.
10. 18 Things To Consider Before Moving In With Your Boyfriend, including that your Netflix queue will go from this…
11. The time we made catnip PSAs
12. The fact that Ze Frank relaunched The Show (!!!)
13. The time I got to write fan fiction about my favorite cat pictures.
Jenkins’ mother was an odd bird, and he had never paid much attention to her when she said (as, rather worryingly, she often did) that it was “better to be Admiral of a box than Captain of a basket.”
It was not without some bitter irony that he found himself in a position, later in life, to prove this frankly insane adage to be literally untrue.
14. Kristen Bell having an epic and beautiful meltdown about meeting a sloth.
15. And the time she was similarly besotted with a merengue dog
16. This stupid Adele/311 post. We are not really quite such a trolly site as we used to be, but sometimes we are! The comment section to this post is a delightful mess.
17. The Man Who Had A Conversation With His 12-Year-Old Self
18. That time when an SLU law professor did a line-by-line reading of Jay-Z’s “99 Problems” to determine whether the legal arguments he makes in the song hold water.
19. Suggested BuzzFeed Articles
As we grow bigger as a website, it has become inevitable (and often fair) that people take potshots at us. It is an understatement to say that not everyone has managed to do that with a sense of humor, proportion, and precision. But this piece did, and it made my fucking day.
20. Ice Cube’s ‘It Was A Good Day’ Told By Cats
21. And Ludacris Explained By Cats
22. The cat singing Collective Soul
This cat didn’t make my 30 Most Important Cats Of 2012 list, but being important and being wonderful do not always amount to the same thing.
23. Proof That Cats Are Better Than Dogs
Ze Frank and I collaborated on this video addressing, and providing the final word on, a pressing issue of our time.
24. I got to write about The Babysitters Club
25. And Sweet Valley High
26. Grumpy Cat Visited BuzzFeed …
27. And we threw her a party
28. Hedgehogs Vs. Politicians
Another collaborative project with Ze that answered an age-old question.
29. I liked this cat and his grandma friend A LOT.
30. Lil Bub visited the office …
… and saved BuzzFeed!
I love that we had more stuff for vegans on BuzzFeed
For, like, four years, I have been the loneliest vegan at BuzzFeed, but that is not true anymore!
31. I made a literal version of a Kesha song
32. And then Noah Cooper took it to the next level
33. I loved this Rick Santorum music video more than almost anything.
34. Cats Vs. Dinosaurs
35. 25 Animals Who Think They Are People
And also now here are some links to more of my favorite buzz.
I just couldn’t figure out a way to make these work in list form. NOT EVERYTHING WORKS IN LIST FORM IT TURNS OUT. Who the hell knew?
Thanks for BuzzFeeding this year, you guys. It’s been a crazy and unexpected and totally wonderful year of BuzzFeeding. Let’s do it again next year!
- President Obama zinged the media and the field of presidential contenders before dropping the mic at his final White House Correspondents' Dinner 🎤
- A state of emergency was declared in Baghdad as protesters breached the fortified "Green Zone," home to most ministries and embassies in the city.
- And do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz 💯