3. “We flee from dread, by pretending to look at ourselves…as a thing.”
4. “Our life has no tomorrow.”
5. “My thought is me: that is why I cannot stop thinking. I exist because I think I cannot keep from thinking.”
6. “I don’t know what’s going to happen to me or to anyone else in the world.”
7. “If literature isn’t everything, it’s not worth a single hour of someone’s trouble.”
9. “Everything is gratuitous, this garden, this city and myself. When you suddenly realize it, it makes you feel sick and everything begins to drift…that’s nausea.”
10. “People understand me so poorly that they don’t even understand my complaint about them not understanding me.”
11. Life isn’t about finding yourself. It’s about creating yourself.
13. “Accepting the absurdity of everything around us is one step, a necessary experience…”
16. “The truth is that everyone is bored, and devotes himself to cultivating habits.”
17. “What is life? - A novel. Who is the author? - Anonymous. We read haltingly, laugh, weep… and sleep.”
21. “My depression is the most faithful mistress I have known- no wonder, then, that I return the love.”
22. “Life has to be given a meaning because of the obvious fact that it has no meaning.”
23. “I feel as if I were a piece in a game of chess, when my opponent says of it: That piece cannot be moved.”
24. “The object does not possess being, and its existence is not a participation in being, nor any other kind of relation.”
Here Are The Top Stories
- Polls have officially closed in the Greek referendum. The country is deciding whether to accept sweeping new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds.
- The U.S. will face Japan in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.