1. Hayley Kiyoko dropped an album full of queer girl bops that gave lesbians the mainstream pop representation we've been craving.
2. Then when she won a VMA she screamed "IT'S 20GAYTEEN", which is the hugest mood ever.
3. Troye Sivan also dropped his album Bloom, complete with a bottoming anthem.
4. Netflix released two new seasons of Queer Eye and introduced these five fabulous men into our lives.
5. Love, Simon became the first big-budget mainstream cinema film to centre around a gay teen romance.
6. Teddy Geiger made her first public appearance after transitioning. Also she and Emily Hampshire got engaged, and honestly I'm still screaming.
7. Though the film came out last year, Call Me By Your Name was loved by Oscar voters, and nominated for Best Picture.
8. Eric Radford became the first openly gay male athlete to win a medal at a Winter Olympics.
9. Janelle Monáe's album Dirty Computer was released, and she blessed us with one of the gayest music videos of all time for "Pynk".
10. Demi and Kehlani grinded and kissed on stage and the gays of Twitter (myself included) practically had a meltdown.
11. We all became aware of bisexual lighting and the power it holds.
12. Blockers, which seemed like a standard goofy comedy, featured a teen lesbian without playing out a trope or making it a huge deal.
13. Cheryl and Toni hooked up on Riverdale (though let's be real, they could use a little more screen time).
14. It was announced that K Stew, patron saint of lesbians, is in talks to star in a lesbian rom-com.
15. Kesha officiated an ACTUAL wedding in the video for "I Need A Woman To Love".
16. A day after it was cancelled by Fox, Brooklyn 99 (a show with two LGBT main characters) was renewed.
17. DC announced that Ruby Rose would star as the openly-queer Batwoman in an upcoming TV show.
18. Two male penguins in a Sydney aquarium became partners and fostered an egg.
19. It was revealed that Bert and Ernie were based off a gay couple.
20. Netflix's Alex Strangelove was released, a queer teen coming-of-age story.
21. Hannah Gadsby's Nanette was watched by what felt like everyone in the world.
22. Lena Waithe wore this incredible ensemble to the Met Gala.
23. Alyson Stoner came out as bisexual in an essay on Teen Vogue.
24. And this guy made the most iconic video of all time.
It's the end of 2018, and we're looking back on the year. Check out more of our Best of 2018 coverage!