36 Problem-Solving Beauty Products That Are Here To Save The Day
Say goodbye to dry skin, peeling nails, damaged hair, and more.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A bottle of nail and cuticle care oil that uses a natural blend of jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, and vitamin E to soften your cuticles and strengthen your fragile, peeling nails.
2. A hair finishing stick to take care of those annoying flyaways and baby hairs that just aren't cooperating. It's made of natural plant ingredients that have an immediate effect on your 'do.
3. Or an edge control gel that'll help lay edges and baby hairs for a sleek look without the flaking and residue.
4. A hair repair serum for transforming dry, damaged hair into soft and shiny locks. The mix of aloe and argan oils can help de-frizz your mane and improve split ends.
5. A detangling brush that'll glide through hair and remove knots without making you cry in the process.
6. An easy-to-use guide wand and eyeliner duo to make eyeliner application a breeze! The wand is easy to hold and steadies the hand so you can pull off fierce eye looks like a pro — even when you're in a rush!
7. Or a waterproof eyeliner stamp so you can create the perfect cat eye without having to redo your entire eye look about five times before finally getting those wings even.
8. A bottle of sulfate-free Biotin shampoo infused with tea tree, jojoba, and argan oils that can help with hair loss and prevent dandruff.
9. A jar of O'Keeffe's hand cream that'll really come in ~handy~ to repair painful blisters and cracked skin.
10. Elizavecca's collagen protein treatment for damaged, over-processed locks. It can be used on all hair textures to help restore it back to a healthier state.
11. A tube of The Lip Bar's three-in-one tinted skin conditioner designed to hydrate your skin like a moisturizer, smooth your complexion, and add protection from the sun with SPF 11. It'll help your get-ready process be SO much quicker and easier.
12. A purple shampoo that'll tone down the yellow hues in blonde hair so you can get the color you want without extra (expensive) trips to the salon.
13. A coconut shea curl defining creme perfect for those of us who like to just throw a product in our natural hair and go, instead of having to do a whole concoction on our heads. This medium-hold styler leaves curls looking soft and bouncy. And the ingredients, which include coconut oil, shea butter, and aloe vera, help to protect hair against protein loss.
14. A multitasking face oil you can use twice daily to help combat inflammation, even the color of your skin, and add some hydration thanks to a dream team combination of jojoba oil, tea tree, argan oil, and vitamin E.
15. A pack of stretchy, durable, nonslip hair ties, because they won't snap while you're trying to make an Ariana Grande-style high ponytail.
16. A teeth-whitening pen to help you remove stains on your teeth caused by coffee, soda, smoking, and more. Simply twist the bottom of the pen, apply using the soft brush tip, and let it sit for one minute. "Alexa, play 'My Shiny Teeth and Me' by Chip Skylark."
17. A breathable and adjustable satin-lined sleeping cap so you can protect your natural hair while sleeping or lounging, without any discomfort. It's even cute enough to wear while out and about if you just don't feel like doing your hair that day.
18. A Revlon oil-absorbing face roller made of real volcanic stone that'll instantly soak up excess oil. It's reusable, washable, and perfect for on the go!
19. A magnetic eyeliner and lashes kit for anyone tired of struggling with adhesive or paying for lash extensions. Simply apply the smudge-proof eyeliner and then pop the lashes on top.
20. An exfoliating peeling foot mask that'll remove all the dead skin from your feet and make them feel softer than ever. Plus, it uses all-natural ingredients and botanical extracts.
21. Or a foot file so you can scrape off the dead skin and calluses that keep getting caught on your socks and make your feet soft and smooth again.
22. A pack of acne patches formulated with hydrocolloid dressing, tea tree oil, calendula oil, and cica to suck the gunk right out of your zits and help them fade away overnight.
23. A bottle of Bio-Oil to help make scars and marks vanish before your eyes. It's formulated with vitamins A and E and chamomile, sunflower, and lavender oils for an anti-inflammatory combination that works for all skin types.
24. A makeup-erasing cloth so you don't have to spend forever scrubbing your face off and and irritating your skin at night.
25. A highly rated microfiber hair towel that is honestly the best one I've ever used. It's thick, soft, and stays in place — perfect for helping your hair dry *fast* without the added heat. Plus, the microfiber material won't make your hair frizzy like regular towels do.
26. A tube of Black Girl Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30 to use daily that'll protect skin from the sun and provide moisture, without the annoying white residue that is usually left behind.
27. Or, my personal go-to, Fenty Skin 2-in-1 face moisturizer and sunscreen — it's lightweight, oil-free, and invisible on all skin tones. In addition to hydrating your skin and protecting it from harmful rays, it'll also help reduce the look of pores, fine lines, dark spots, and improve firmness and elasticity.
I wear this Every. Single. Day. And when I eventually ran out (after months of use btw), I ordered a refill. My skin feels so lively and smooth after using it. It's not tacky or greasy at all and I haven't gotten a sunburn once since using it (my cheeks usually love to get a little pink). It smells good, but not too strong and it absorbs right way, so I never have a problem putting on makeup after using it. It's one of my all-time favorite skincare products and I use it all yearlong, but I especially recommend giving it a try for the summer. No white cast, no flashback, and my skin just honestly looks and feels amazing.
Promising review: "Protection and moisture. This is a mic drop product. This magical concoction gives the moisture, and SPF without leaving a greasy paste-like feel. No white flask back because this is the truth. Two pumps and a swirl baby!" —Nachelle
28. A tube of Glossier's Balm Dotcom to soften and repair chapped lips with a combination of castor oil, beeswax, and lanolin, while leaving the perfect hint of color and/or shine (depending on which flavor you go with). Basically you should have one (or a few) of these in your bag at all times.
Promising review: "I use this on my lips once in the morning and once at night and that's it! My lips are baby soft the entire rest of the day and I haven't had any issues with chapped lips since I started using it! You only need a small amount too which is so nice. I love the mint one and will definitely buy again and try other flavors." —Gretchen
Get it from Glossier for $12 (available in eight flavors).
Read more about why we love this lip balm (#1 on the list).
29. A gentle brown sugar scrub exfoliant made with all-natural ingredients that will help scrub away those dead skin cells without causing irritation. The fine brown sugar used in this formula is a lot softer than traditional sugar scrubs. So yes, even those with sensitive skin can enjoy a nice exfoliating session.
Brooklyn Botany is a small Brooklyn-based business that was founded by Joseph Zigelboum in 2016.
Promising review: "This stuff is absolutely amazing. We use it in the shower as a face & lip scrub. It smells absolutely heavenly, like warm cookies. The scrub is not too harsh on your skin and the oil is light as well. It makes the dead skin slough off in the most pleasant way possible. My boys have been using it so much that I am tempted to hide it from them! I want it all for myself. I would recommend this a million times over." —Thorne
Get it from Amazon for $11.99.
30. A bottle of Bumble and Bumble dry shampoo mist for anyone who hates to leave the gym with super-sweaty hair. Just spritz this after your workout and it'll use a combo of white-bamboo extract and silica to help absorb oil and refresh your hair.
31. A cult-favorite Aztec Secret Indian healing mask made with 100% calcium bentonite clay that'll work magic to deep clean your pores and help fight acne and blemishes. Not only do people love it to treat their face, but customers have also found success using it on their hair, on their feet, and in the bath! We stan versatility.
32. A bottle of Olaplex Hair Perfector No 3 repairing treatment to turn straw-like hair silky smooth. All you have to do is leave it in for at least 10 minutes and it'll start to relink broken bonds in any type of hair. Plus, it's vegan, paraben-free, and sulfate-free.
33. A can of Batiste dry shampoo that'll instantly refresh your hair between washes. It can soak up dirt and grease, making your hair look more bouncy and voluminous.
34. Glossier's Boy Brow for a quick and easy way to have your brows poppin'. It'll fill them in, without making them stiff or flakey. If you don't trust yourself with a brow pencil or pomade (@ me) then this is definitely the move!
35. A microfiber towel pillow cover for those who prefer to wash their hair before bed, but don't want their pillow getting soaked. It's super absorbent, has a waterproof lining, and it's gentle on all skin and hair types.
36. And a deep conditioning hair mask made to nourish and repair curly hair with a blend of shea butter, mango butter, and rice proteins. It'll help your hair feel soft, moisturized, and tangle-free so your curls can look luscious all day long.
Just apply it generously to your clean, wet hair, apply more water to activate it, leave it on for 10-20 minutes, and then rinse it out.
Verelle is a woman-owned small biz that specializes in hair care for curly and coily textures.
Promising review: "Love that it's super effective. Super hydrating and detangling. Major curl activation — overall felt very soft and less frizzy. I would buy this again." —Yvonne B.
Get it from Verelle for $30 (originally $36).