5. 11 Essential DIY Pumpkin-Carving Hacks
Pumpkin carving always sounds SO FUN in theory. It lures us in with a promise of twinkling lights and creepy faces. But if you’re not careful, pumpkin carving quickly becomes a messy pain the ass. Everyone know this, and so this post was very popular. Go to post.
6. 33 Surprising Kitchen Gifts
There is no end to the useless crap you can find on the Internet. Take a battery-powered spaghetti-twirling fork, for instance. No one really likes receiving these gifts—they are dumb and take up storage space in the kitchen. But giving them to someone else? Delightful and fun. Go to post.
THE OTHER 10 SUPERLATIVES
Worth revisiting for one reason or another.
15. BIGGEST STATEMENT: If You Only Own One Kitchen Thing It Should Be This
The backstory here is that one of our editors needed to buy her first Le Creuset. We did some research, braised some stuff, stared at each other, argued, kicked a couple of pots around the office, and voila. Go to post.
16. BIGGEST WAKE-UP CALL: Hungry New York Families Dig Food Out Of Dumpsters After Sandy
Two months later, families and small business are still suffering from this crazy storm. BuzzFeed has pledged $40,000 to the American Red Cross and we are 77% of the way to our goal. Even $10 helps. Here’s how you can donate. Go to post.
19. DARKEST HORSE: The 34 Hottest Trends Of 2012, As Presented By Cookies
The popularity of this post shouldn’t be confusing because a) COOKIES and b) OTHER STUFF PEOPLE ARE OBSESSED WITH but it’s still been surprisingly popular. Important detail: One commenter found some 50 Shades of Gray cookies that we overlooked. Go to post.
- Authorities are removing Dakota Access pipeline protesters blocking roads and camped on private property.
- Apple just unveiled lighter, thinner MacBooks with touch-sensitive panels for instant emoji access (and other uses) 💻✨
- A Trump official says the campaign has "three major voter suppression operations underway."
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀