We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
We asked the BuzzFeed Community (and a few BuzzFeed editors!) to tell us about their favorite cheap hair products and they didn't disappoint. Here are some of their best recommendations:
1. Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo sweeps away all of that heavy, scalp-clogging buildup you've accumulated since your last wash (from styling products or otherwise) and boosts volume — all without irritating your scalp or stripping your hair of its natural oils, win!
2. Conair Instant Heat Curling Iron is *the* hair tool that'll probably outlast all of your others — including the pricier ones — because it's so darn dependable when it comes to creating perfectly tousled waves.
3. Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Intensely Smooth Leave-In Conditioning Cream tames static-y hair immediately with a fortifying blend of argan oil, citrus protein, and Vitamins B3 & B6, so your hair stays smooth long after you step out of the shower and start drying/styling.
4. Beyond the Zone Turn Up the Heat Flat Iron Protection Spray creates a ~heat defense~ barrier that protects your hair from damage otherwise incurred by your styling tools, seals the cuticle for healthier-looking hair, and helps optimize the effectiveness of flat and curling irons by providing slip.
5. Pantene Pro-V Three Minute Miracle Moisture Renewal is what conditioning dreams are made of — for just a few bucks and a few minutes of your time, your strands will become softer, smooth, and visibly more hydrated.
6. The Aussie Miracle Curls line gives curly hair the star treatment it deserves without breaking the bank — these cost-effective products deeply nourish curls (hello, coconut and jojoba oils!), restore dry, damaged curls, and leave your entire head bouncy and soft.
7. Wet Brush Original Detangler is made with ~IntelliFlex bristles~ that detangle all hair types, wet or dry without — I repeat WITHOUT — pulling or tugging. With all of that nonexistent force you're using, there's way less chances of experiencing breakage and split ends!!
8. Invisibobbles are far superior to normal hair ties, which find lots of pleasure in pinching your hair, taking pieces of hair out with them, and leaving unsightly dents/crimps — these are super flexible and lightweight, and they do a *great* job at holding your ponytail in place without hurting your hair one bit.
9. Silk pillowcases keep hair smooth, moisturized, frizz-free (less friction involved!), and ringlets together — even if you toss and turn during the night, rest easy knowing you'll wake up with picture-perfect hair.
10. John Frieda Frizz-Ease Curl Reviver Mousse defines your curls without making them feel crunchy, heavy, stiff, or any other less-than-ideal adjectives — and it has heat protection and UV filters built it, so your mane stays stylish and healthy no matter where you go!
11. Hask Charcoal Purifying Dry Shampoo only leaves behind the good stuff — soft, oil-free (the charcoal powder just soaks excess oil up right up!), and citrus-scented hair — and doesn't leave behind any bad residue. So go ahead, skip a wash.
12. Conair MiniPRO Tourmaline Ceramic Styler/Hair Dryer is super compact and fab for traveling, and leaves hair lifted, light, and looking like a ~work of art~.
13. Not Your Mother's In A Heart Beat Blow Dry Accelerator (which is paraben-free!) cuts down on blow dry time while protecting your damp, weakened strands from heat damage and humidity and smoothing out frizz.
14. John Freida Hot Air Brush releases — you guessed it — hot air to lift, brush out, and dry your hair all at the same darn time, which means you're doing three jobs at once without sacrificing efficiency. Time to throw your flat iron out the window!
15. Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Conditioner is part of the formula for shiny, healthy hair — one wash, and you'll become a believer when you see your hair become visibly less tangled, smoother, and more hydrated. It also smells like an island delight, but is formulated without sulfates or parabens, so sensitive scalps rejoice!
16. Marc Anthony Strictly Curls Perfect Curl Cream uses natural soya bean and avocado oil to define coarse curls and add moisture, so you have touchable, frizz-free, and shiny curls that never stop stunting.
17. Garnier Fructis Style Beach Chic Texturizing Spray brings on the loose, "done but undone" beach waves you crave and makes frizz all but disappear, so you leave your house looking like you just stepped out of a high-end salon.
18. Got2B products whip (and shape and hold) hair into action with salon-worthy results — specific shoutouts to the Powder'ful Volumizing Styling Powder and Defiant Shine Pomade for creating instant volume and sleek, shiny looks with total ease.
19. A Scalpmaster Shampoo Brush gives your scalp the shake-up it needs to truly get rid of all that buildup — it's also great for detangling all hair types, stimulating circulation (which leads to thicker hair growth, as some reviewers testify!), and sloughing off dandruff flakes.
20. Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer & Styler is a magical twofer product that combines the powerful airflow of a dryer with the smoothing benefits of a brush — so even if you have fine hair or 4c hair, you can give yourself a gasp-worthy blowout right at home.
21. Aussie Mega Hairspray lends freshness and body to fine hair without keeping a death grip on your style — call it hair that ~moves with you~.
22. Suave shampoos and conditioners — shoutout to the Keratin Infusion Smoothing Conditioner — clean and nourish your hair so well year after year, that you'll be dumbfounded as to why they're so incredibly cheap. They're a no-brainer!
23. Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Dry Shampoo absorbs your scalp's excess oil and oomphs up your hair with volume, so you don't have to be constantly showering your hair (especially useful for colored hair).
24. Peppermint oil with jojoba oil (to help with massaging it into your scalp) is a match made in olfactory heaven and can seriously help stimulate hair growth and thickness, especially for natural hair types.
Ok, so now that your hair is looking fresh to death, get ready for your closeup:
The submissions used in this post have been edited for length and clarity.