13 More Tone-Deaf Things Celebs Have Said During The George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests
Obviously, it's very important for celebrities to use their platforms to speak out against racism and the injustices in the world right now, especially police brutality. A lot of celebrities have used their platforms and position of influence to speak out in a positive, productive way.
Here are 14 examples of mistakes we can learn from:
1. Karol G tweeted, "The perfect example that black and white together look beautiful. #BlackLivesMatter'":
4. Fashion editor Carine Roitfeld wrote this extremely confusing Instagram comment, saying, model "Anok Yai is not a black woman. She is my friend, I missing!":
5. Drew Brees said he won't "agree with anybody disrespecting the flag of the United States" when asked about kneeling during the national anthem:
7. Real Housewife Kim Zolciak-Biermann debuted her swimwear line and people were like, "Read the room, Kim":
8. Real Housewife Kelly Dodd condemned protesters on Instagram, saying, "These people are losing their minds. This is terrorism on our land." Then she participated in #BlackoutTuesday:
10. Ellen DeGeneres tweeted this — and then deleted it after it was poorly received:
11. Taika Waititi, who is from New Zealand, went viral for this tone-deaf tweet about looting:
12. Olivia Holt tweeted this weird anecdote about a Black Lives Matter sticker:
Filmmaker Taika Waititi is from New Zealand. A previous version of this post misstated the country he is from.