(Are mermaid crowns a beauty trend or a fashion trend? How do I even keep up?)
6. ...and an allover-highlighter makeup look we should probably enjoy one more time before year's end.
9. Makeup moved beyond the face...
This year saw creative Instagrammers impressively practicing eyeshadow looks on their hands and legs, as well as ear makeup sported both on the runway and IRL.
10. ...as did traditionally face-oriented skin care. See: boob sheet masks.
12. ...but also got more complicated with trends like fur nails, pom-pom nails, and even scorpion nails.
13. And finally, Cheetos, balloon, and other kinds of seemingly unnecessarily difficult curl "hacks" were huge for some reason.
Don't get me wrong, everyone's hair does end up looking great. It's just, you know, tampons are expensive. Maybe it's best to keep them for their original purpose?