Fans Are Pointing Out Which Celebrities Deserved Better From Critics And The Media
"Let’s not forget the full-page daily countdown leading up to Emma Watson’s 16th birthday."
Being in the spotlight opens celebrities up to a lot of praise, as well as their fair share of criticism. While negative feedback and headlines are often well deserved, some celebs have faced harsh criticism or media attention that many people have pointed out was unfair.
So, here are 14 celebs who fans pointed out were treated unfairly by critics and the media:
1. "Look at how much scrutiny and blame Beyoncé got when Destiny’s Child had their lineup changed. To this day, people believe she was some evil mastermind who wanted the spotlight and was jealous of the other members of the group, including Kelly Rowland."
3. "Ariel Winter was constantly sexualized and body-shamed, then criticized when she had a breast reduction."
5. "This is one that’s surprisingly not talked about a lot, but when Rihanna was rumored to be a 'homewrecker' and 'cheating with Jay-Z' when she was about 17!"
7. "Zayn Malik has had racist and Islamophobic comments thrown at him since the start of One Direction."
8. "Taylor Swift has been slut-shamed relentlessly just for dating like any other normal teenager/young adult."
9. "Anybody else remember how Jessica Simpson's virginity was basically the main character when she was about to marry Nick Lachey?"
10. "Let’s not forget when the Sun did a full-page daily countdown for a week leading up to Emma Watson’s 16th birthday, with the headline on the day being something like, ‘She’s Finally Legal!’ Disgusting."
11. "The backlash Miley Cyrus faced for her backless photo shoot gets even worse when you consider that it had been arranged because some private photos of her had been leaked, and basically her whole team was trying to save her image by having her do a photo shoot to demonstrate that she was 'growing up.'"
12. "Photographers stalked Blake Lively's children, then edited the photos with one of her smiling so it looked like she was OK with it."
13. "Christina Hendricks buys her own red carpet dresses because no sample sizes fit her and designers refuse to make her a dress!"
14. And finally: "Piers Morgan sexistly criticized Little Mix for posing nude to create their cover art for 'Strip,' a song about self-love and acceptance."
Editor's note: Some submissions have been edited for length/clarity.