1. A gentle yet hardworking CeraVe eye cream formulated with hydrating hyaluronic acid, brightening niacinamide, and nourishing ceramides to calm puffiness and reduce the appearance of dark circles. This is basically the gold standard of under-eye creams. Sign 👏 me 👏 up.👏
Promising review: "Noticeable overnight! This product exceeded my expectations with just one use — very fair sensitive skin, over 50 and wanted something affordable but healthy for my eye area starting to build puffiness and darkness. Just put the recommended dose on at nighttime and by morning I could see a noticeable reduction in puffiness. I am already adding this to my automatic subscription — great value and result!" —Roxy - Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $13.99+.
2. A vegan Maybelline Dark Circles treatment concealer for when you were up all night watching Love Is Blind but need to look convincingly awake at work. It's medium coverage and wears for up to 12 hours, while simultaneously moisturizing!
3. Essence's Lash Princess mascara, which delivers truly dramatic length without clumping or flaking. It's cruelty-free, has over *200,000* 5-star ratings, and is UNDER $5. What else could a mascara-lover want?? Speaking as one myself: not much.
4. Or a tube of Maybelline Colossal mascara if ~major volume~ is your preferred look. This little bottle of magic lifts your lashes to create the appearance of falsies, and the formula is packed with collagen to plump without clumping. *swoons* *swoons again*
For more on how much I LOVE this mascara, check out my Maybelline Colossal mascara review. —Haley
Promising reviews: "This has been my favorite since it came out, like, 10 years ago. I've tried every other mascara, and I always come back to this one. It lasts long, has good color, and doesn't flake/clump. I prefer volume over length, and this delivers. It's the best mascara. It's easy to layer, too." —LH
"Nothing works quite as well! I've tried more expensive mascaras, and when it comes to single coats, they can do pretty well. However, this mascara's strength is in how buildable it is — a couple of coats can take me from zero to 'are you wearing false lashes?'" —S. Mcwalters
Get it from Amazon for $7.49.
5. A lightweight L'Oreal rinse-out moisturizing hair treatment that takes just eight seconds to repair damage and restore shine using patented amino acid technology.
6. A pack of multipurpose dermaplaning razors you can use for shaping your eyebrows and removing peach fuzz on your cheeks, upper lip, or wherever else you please. It'll also help you apply foundation and blush *extra* smoothly.
7. A hair-finishing stick with a unique mascara-like brush applicator to smooth out flyaways, cowlicks, and frizz without an ounce more effort than is necessary.
Promising review: "I have super-fine hair with lots of breakage. No matter how I put my hair up I have bad flyaways. This stuff is great! So easy and it stays better and looks smoother than stiff hairspray." —Jill Stilfield
Get it from Amazon for $6.99.
8. Or a humidity-resistant edge control gel to help lay edges and baby hairs without flaking or appearing greasy.
BUT we want to add that no one should feel pressure to lay their edges, unless they want to! Check out "Just A Friendly PSA That You Don't HAVE To Lay Your Edges Down If You Don't Wanna."
Promising review: "Hands-down! The best edge control I have ever used and I have used a lot of them. Stayed all day! No flakes and nongreasy! And this one is not even the strongest in the line. Love this product!" —Seabea2013
Get it from Amazon for $4.99+ (available in ten sizes and a pack of three).
9. An alcohol-free micellar water that's one reviewer's "favorite obsession" – and mine too! It's packed with ~rose water~ to gently cleanse your face, remove your makeup (with no rinsing required!), and hydrate your skin. Easy peasy!! Like I said: obsessed.
I've used this micellar water for several years and *love* it for my sensitive skin! It's especially great for days when I don't have the energy to drag myself to the bathroom to properly wash my face. I keep a bottle of this by my bed and just soak a cotton pad with micellar water to clean my face. —Haley
Promising review: "Best makeup remover EVER!! I am head over heels in love with this product! I have used it as my go-to cleanser for years. It's very gentle and even cooling to your skin — a very light lovely scent. Don't saturate the cotton ball or pad too much or you will get make-up and residue sloshing into your eyes as someone described above. A little goes a long way and your makeup almost disappears like magic. Note: if you do get it in your eyes, it does not burn. No harsh chemicals to worry about. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!" –Babsie
Get it from Amazon for $7.97.
10. A vegan and cruelty-free makeup setting spray for extending makeup wear to 16 hours. One Amazon reviewer describes getting dumped right before a party, sobbing "A LOT" and then looking in the mirror to find their makeup "perfectly flawless."
While we hate to see unkindly timed breakups (right before a party?? BOO!!), THAT'S HOW GOOD THIS SETTING SPRAY IS.
Promising review: "I have been purchasing the NYX Matte Finishing Spray for years but would rotate between this and other high-end sprays. I always end up coming right back to NYX because the finish is incomparable. No matter which foundation I use, my makeup is long-wearing, stays matte and there's no cakey, oily or melted/separated look even after hours of wear. I also have some visible pores on my cheeks and this spray does NOT highlight them or make them stand out more like other sprays do. It's the perfect combination for my makeup needs. Also, so happy that Amazon sells this in jumbo size so this bottle will last me a really long time!" —Krystle M.
Get it from Amazon for $7.06+ (available in matte, dewy, radiant, and plump finishes, in regular and jumbo sizes, and in various packs).
11. An organic lip scrub made with cane sugar crystals to exfoliate and mango seed butter (which is high in vitamin A) to nourish and plump lips. It comes in an eco-friendly paperboard tube too!
12. A bottle of alcohol-free facial toner that's effective for acne-prone skin without using overly harsh ingredients. It blends witch hazel, aloe vera, and vegetable glycerin to smooth texture, reduce the appearance of pores, and balance oily skin — while also hydrating! We love to see it.
13. Cult-fave, ~multi-talented~ Mario Badescu Facial Spray to rejuvenate and clarify your skin, refresh your makeup, and pamper yourself with little to no effort. You can even use it for your hair when it needs some quick moisture!
14. A leave-in conditioning spray that does it all: conditions, detangles, softens, smoothens, controls frizz, provides heat protection, boosts shine, strengthens hair, hydrates, AND prevents breakage. This is a ~low-maintenance with high-maintenance results~ dream!
Reviewers with straight, wavy, and loose curls say this product works great for their hair types.
Promising review: "I read about this in a BuzzFeed article, I wasn't looking for a new product but the reviews in the article made me need to try it out. It shipped and arrived within a week so that was a pretty amazing feat in itself. So... this is 100% my go-to product, it leaves my hair looking smooth, shiny and beautiful everything. The smell was kinda harsh at first, but I've grown to love it. I especially appreciate the natural ingredients, so my hair doesn't feel heavy or weighed down at all. This is a life changer y'all. Definitely worth giving it a chance!" —Ashley B.
Mane Club is a small business specializing in cruelty-free, vegan hair products.
Get it from Mane Club for NYC for $10.
15. ~Uber-satisfying~ and mega-affordable hydrocolloid pimple patches for sucking gunk out of acne to help zits heal faster and for protecting blemishes from fingers touching or picking at them. With 10,000 5-star ratings and an army of reviewers calling these patches "literal magic," including myself EMPHATICALLY, you cannot go wrong with these!
Promising reviews: "So I read the reviews on these many, many times. And many, many times, I talked myself out of them thinking there was no way these would work. Finally decided to take a chance and I am SO glad that I did. The first night, I used two of the medium sized applications — one on my chin and the other on my cheek. Went to bed with two pimples trying to come through, woke up with only slight redness in those areas. Applied them to the same places the next night and had no spots at all the next day with no sign there was ever a pimple at all. I. LOVE. THESE. THINGS." –K. Wallace
"I’ve bought this product multiple times over the last couple of years because they really, truly work. I’m a (now) 37-year-old who still fights with hormonal breakouts, including painful cystic acne at times. I sleep with these babies on and in the morning the size and redness is usually 50%–75% better. If it’s a larger breakout or a cyst, I repeat the process and have been known to wear these to work — depending on location of the pimple. They really are great and makes having acne in your mid-late 30s less stressful. They’re usually gone in one to two days with these patches! Highly recommend!" –Lauren Kerley
Get a pack of three (72 pimple patches total) from Amazon for $9.14.
16. Or the cutest set of pimple patches you ever did see, so you can protect your skin and pull out impurities from blemishes while staying fashionable.
17. A post-blemish rescue balm because sometimes you're gonna pop that pimple even though you know you shouldn't (we've all been there). Just pat some on the popped blemish to calm irritation, help reduce hyperpigmentation, and add moisture. 💪
18. A bottle of Bio-Oil that folks love for helping fade old and new scars (including stretch marks), for calming and moisturizing dry skin, and for generally making skin ~glow.~ Packed with sunflower seed oil, vitamins A and E, and lavender, this fast-absorbing face and body oil does its job *so well* that reviewers are calling it "the best skincare on the market."
Promising review: "AMAZING PRODUCT! I am amazed! I wash my face with Cetaphil gentle cleanser while in the shower, and immediately after getting out of the shower put BioOil on my skin. That is all I do. I do have a spot treatment from Neutrogena with 10% maximum-strength benzoyl peroxide for those SUPER STUBBORN pimples, but hardly use it since starting with BioOil. I will forever use this product and recommend when I can. I have olive-toned, freckled, medium to dry skin with oily nose and forehead, adult hormonal acne and hyperpigmentation. BioOil has given me a literal GLOW! I feel confident with my face again. I hardly leave reviews, but this product deserves it! Good luck on your healthy skin journey." —Amazon Customer
"Bio-Oil is the BEST skin product on the market. I use it twice a day, morning and before i go to bed. Small lines have disappeared. My skin is very smooth and seems to glow. A doctor recommended this to one of my friends who told me about it. I have bought several bottles as gifts. Be patient. It will take a few months for you to see notice the changes." –Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $10.22.