23 Things That'll Easily Step Up Your Video Call Look In Less Than Five Minutes
Someone is screen-grabbing a virtual baby shower grid right this minute. Might as well not look like you've been wearing the same sweatshirt for seven days.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A wooden lap desk you can use to find the perfect height for your laptop. No one wants to see more of your chin than your actual face thanks to a low angle.
2. A waffle-knit top you can wear off the shoulder for a cute lil' video date night lewk. Plus when you wear it out amongst other people, it looks super cute tucked into jeans or shorts.
3. A selfie ring light to keep on standby and then turn on to make people think your windowless bedroom is perfectly lit.
4. A gorgeous velvet headband for an easy accent on those days when your hair's a day too dirty but you couldn't resist the appeal of the snooze button. This is the neck-up version of being dressed up.
5. A 20-pack of on-trend hair clips that'll amp up a major case of bedhead or lend a hand for when those bangs you talked yourself into need to grow out.
6. A cushy lumbar pillow you can position as its name implies so you're sitting up straight for that hour-long video meeting that should've been an email. If you have good posture, you'll actually look engaged!
7. A faux-sheepskin rug to casually throw over your favorite chair (aka the one that looks like you picked it up off the side of a highway) so if anyone's distracted, it's by how luxe your place works.
8. A winged eyeliner stamp in case you won't leave the house without a flick (it me) and just got a meeting added to your cal on a makeup-less day. This will perfect it for you in just a minute.
9. A Dr. Jart Cicapair color-correcting treatment you can smooth on during a makeup-less day if you're like me (literally, that's me in the pic!) and have redness issues with your skin you'd rather not have others see on screen.
10. A translucent setting powder to swirl on your face and cut out any distracting shine because everyone has a tendency to stare at themselves on video calls. It's very much a thing!
11. Or if you're into a glow, a glow-enhancing lotion you can swipe on your face to make it look like you're drinking enough water these days. It'll be just enough to make you look super healthy and like you have your ish together.
12. An SPF 15 tinted lip balm I can personally vouch for. It's easy to put on without a mirror, is super moisturizing, and has color that tints your lips for the day. If you're afraid of lipstick, this is a safe bet. I keep not one, but two(!) in my purse at all times.
14. An even simpler cotton T-shirt here to answer all your "What should I wear..." questions. I know one answer: Don't wear the shirt with the stain on it.
15. Or a button-down shirt if your work style is way less casual. This'll fit the dress code *and* give you more comfy movement. You might even keep it on after that call!
16. A bunch of cool pairs of earrings to distract from that coffee-stained sweatshirt that's *just* out of camera view.
17. Or some minimalist hammered earrings you'll wanna constantly wear. And that's fine! Because they go with basically everything.
18. A long-lasting eyebrow gel (that's waterproof!) you probably saw on Shark Tank and have been considering ever since. 'Tis time. This'll set those brows for ya because, I'll admit it, I feel like I look different without my brows filled in....
19. A dry shampoo you can spritz on around your temples so you'll be the only one who knows you lost track of the last time you washed your hair. This one *also* adds some texture so it looks like you actually did something else to your hair today.
20. A Bali wire-free bra you'll feel comfy enough wearing during the day while you WFH. Or you can quickly pull on a few before your only video call of the day. Plus it's invisible under white shirts!
21. Or a lightly lined bralette that'll also be undetectable under whatever shirt you're pretending you didn't go to sleep in last night. It's made of soft microfiber and has removable pads so when you HAVE to put on a bra (ugh, societal standards) you could do MUCH worse than with this winner.
23. A colorful satin scrunchie that'll gently pull back your hair from your face (that you haven't washed in you don't even know how long).
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.