If Your Level Of Effort Is A Messy Top Knot, Here Are 34 Beauty Products To Try
Gather round with your day-four hair and learn about these things that'll help you do the bare minimum while looking totally put-together.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. AsaVea Teeth Whitening Pen, 2 pens you easily apply and let sit a minute or two to dry. Buh-bye annoying strips and coffee stains.
2. LONDONTOWN Kur Instant Smudge Fix, something I wish I knew about eons ago because I'm forever smudging my at-home AND salon manis when I decide to actually put in a lil' bit of effort.
3. Kitsch Microfiber Hair Towel gently sops up water while you go about your day. Trust me, this is better than any other towel turbans out there. I own three.
4. And Kitsch Spiral Hair Ties keep your strands outta your face but won't make weird dents like elastic bands. After all, you're washing your hair about once a week now so let's avoid having to restyle it as much as possible.
5. Or if you don't care about putting a dent in your hair, Goody Slideproof Elastics contain your sweaty mane in a ponytail or bun as intended while you feel like you're about to meet your maker in brutal workout classes. I have a MANE of hair and it keeps it where it's supposed to be.
6. Corsx Acne Pimple Master Patches attack and help flatten out painful blemishes by sucking out the gunk without irritating your skin around the blemish like drying treatments.
7. Bomba Curls Dominican Forbidden Oil is infused with pure coffee seed and castor oil mean to moisturize your hair and scalp, while promoting hair growth and making your strands look glossier.
8. BestLan Hair Finishing Stick looks just like a mascara wand but its shaping cream tames your flyaways on those days when throwing your hair up in a bun or ponytail is all you can muster. Soooo, lots of days.
9. Camryn's BFF Gentle Edges Brush smooths and lays your edges (if you want to). It has two ends — one that'll massage your scalp to increase blood flow and a mini comb — for a tiny multi-tasking tool.
10. Dr. Jart Cicapair Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment goes on cooling and smooth, is easy to blend in, and will make you look in the mirror five minutes later wondering where all that redness went! I sometimes use it as a moisturizer under my foundation and some reviewers even use it as a CC cream. It's *that* good. And it has SPF 30!
11. Or Stila One Step, Color Correcting Facial Serum works as a makeup primer that's a step above the rest for anyone looking to create an even-tone canvas for foundation... or find a color-correcting solution that'd leave you makeup-free.
12. Nature Republic Aloe Vera Gel is, IMO, a multi-tasking miracle worker. This cooling gel soaks in immediately for moisturizing benefits on the reg, post-shave soothing or treating some gnarly sunburn (that in hindsight I should've gone to the dermatologist about).
13. Exfoliating Gloves buff away dead flaky skin, which is always a good thing. But it's *especially* a good thing if you follow up your exfoliation with some self-tanner. Plus there's a loop for hanging 'em to dry!
14. Or a Luv Scrub body exfoliating sheet for a super versatile way to dry brush, slough away dead skin, or help remove ingrown hairs.
15. Fluide Universal Gloss provides some shimmer in a gorgeous pink you can add to lips, eyelids, cheekbones, or any other spot where you wanna *dazzle.*
16. Cuccio Cuticle Oil smells heavenly, but most importantly will treat sorry-looking cuticles and moisturize your paws. Oh, and it'll look lovely on your vanity. I have this and it takes just a few seconds each day!
18. Glossier Solution scrubs pores and skin with a trio of Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA), Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA), and Polyhydroxy Acid (PHA) to help loosen the yucky stuff to make way for lightened scars, smaller-looking pores, and fewer blemishes. (If you aren't into chemical exfoliation yet, you're skin is really missing out!)
19. A pair of satin pillowcases keep the moisture in your skin while ya' snooze. AND keep your hair looking smooth and significantly less frizzy for an easier morning routine. Oh, and I'd be remiss if I didn't mention they're lovely for folks who like the cool side of the pillow.
20. Essence Cosmetics Princess False Lash Effect Mascara makes for a super dramatic before and after. Prepare to get grilled about where you got your eyelash extensions.
21. Sun Bum Tinted Lip Balm with SPF 15 I can personally vouch for. It's easy to put on without a mirror, is super moisturizing, and has color that tints your lips for the day. If you're afraid of lipstick, this is a safe bet. I keep not one, but two(!) in my purse at all times.
22. Fresh Sugar Lip Balm delivers moisture, SPF 15, *and* lasting color that won't overwhelm your look (especially in this Velvet hue). This stuff is LEGIT.
23. Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser ever so gently removes your makeup *and* moisturizes at the same time. Seriously, the waterproof-iest of waterproof mascara and eyeliner is no match for this potion. No grease left behind like liquid eye makeup removers!
24. Or a MakeUp Eraser washcloth easily takes off a full face of makeup with mere water. Then if you flip it to the other side you can use it to exfoliate your skin!
25. 2•4•1 Cosmetics Lip Gloss in Power, a sheer plum gloss that slides on oh-so-easy thanks to a doe-foot applicator. I think I just found your new go-to.
26. SOL by Jergens Deeper by the Drop Self Tanning Drops easily combine with your moisturizer to help pale folks develop a ~glow~ overnight.
27. Fourth Ray Beauty Vanilla Pearl Lip Mask swipes on beautifully (both in texture and shimmer) as a bedtime treat to prep your lips for whatever the next day awaits them. Matte lipstick? Lip stain? Whatever you're planning, this mask will help prep!
28. La Pure Waterproof Eyeliner Samp I'd be remiss if I didn't recommend it to you now while we're all easing a bit back into the world and you're likely a bit out of cat-eye practice.
29. GIRL+HAIR ACV Hair Rinse helps clear your scalp of buildup, reduces dandruff, and adds volume whether you're wearing your hair in a protective style or not. (Don't worry, reviewers say it doesn't reek of ACV.)
30. Australian Gold Botanical Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50 with tinted options for your face because no one, let me repeat, NO ONE should be walking around sans SPF. No excuses! But the uptick in temps is a solid reminder.
31. And Black Girl Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30 beloved by reviewers with melanated skin. It rubs in (like, actually rubs in) and doesn't leave any ashy white effect.
32. Everyday Humans Wonder Salve works as a lip balm and salve for anywhere your skin is dry. Plus it's petroleum-free and has a nice watermelon flavor you'll love.
33. DHC Deep Cleansing Oil emulsifies and lifts makeup (yep, it's making my waterproof mascara and liner melt in this pic mid-wash) for a super gentle makeup removal technique you can use solo or follow up with a gentle cleanser.
34. COLAB Overnight Renew Dry Shampoo blasts your greasy roots with a formula that works for you while you sleep. It's a heavier duty spray than regular dry shampoo but soaks in overnight for an easier morning routine.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.