1. 34 Insanely Simple Two-Ingredient Recipes
2. 27 Ways To Make Your Groceries Last As Long As Possible
Because fact: A trip to the grocery store is so effing exhausting that you’re not going to have the energy to get off the couch for many many days. Go to post.
3. 38 Clever Christmas Food Hacks That Will Make Your Life So Much Easier
Look, all you gotta do is tell someone how to make a Christmas tree out of a waffle cone, some icing and some M&Ms and the world is a better place. Go to post.
4. How To Make Delicious Caramel-Apple Jello Shots
5. 11 Essential DIY Pumpkin-Carving Hacks
Pumpkin carving always sounds SO FUN in theory. It lures us in with a promise of twinkling lights and creepy faces. But if you’re not careful, pumpkin carving quickly becomes a messy pain the ass. Everyone know this, and so this post was very popular. Go to post.
6. 33 Surprising Kitchen Gifts
There is no end to the useless crap you can find on the Internet. Take a battery-powered spaghetti-twirling fork, for instance. No one really likes receiving these gifts—they are dumb and take up storage space in the kitchen. But giving them to someone else? Delightful and fun. Go to post.
7. 11 Food Trends That Need to Die in 2013
This post is good because it takes simple observations and makes them funny. (We have reached “peak pickle.”) What makes it great is that it takes insightful observations and makes them funny, too. Go to post.
8. 38 Best DIY Food Gifts
Even when you’re not trying to save money during the holidays, there is something wildly charming about a DIY food gift. And boy, does the Internet have a lot of them to offer. Go to post.
9. 23 Unexpected Flavor Combos That Taste Amazing
You know that scene in Aladdin where the prince takes Jasmine on a magic carpet ride to show her a whole new world? WELL eating one of these flavor combinations is just like that. Go to post.
10. 49 Things That Taste Like Christmas
There are many, many ways to incorporate peppermint into your
diet holiday hibernation binge fest and here they are.
THE OTHER 10 SUPERLATIVES
Worth revisiting for one reason or another.
11. MOST CONTROVERSIAL: 24 Reasons Brunch Is the Absolute Worst
WIthin an hour after this post went up, the author was IRL accosted by three pancake- and mimosa-loving coworkers. Usually our fights stay on Twitter becuase we are nerds. But people CARE about brunch. Go to post.
13. BEST ORIGINAL DESIGN: 24 Best Quotes Ever About Food
Quotes about food (when they are funny, not when they are annoying and earnest) = hey cool fine. Quotes about food that are turned into graphics = pin it, reblog it, print it out and put it in your cubicle. Go to post.
14. MOST USEFUL: How to Make 5 Perfect Dinners for $10 Each
This was BuzzFeed Food editor Emily Fleischaker’s first attempt at food styling and recipe development, so it holds a special place in at least one heart. Comes with a grocery list to make your life very easy. Go to post.
15. BIGGEST STATEMENT: If You Only Own One Kitchen Thing It Should Be This
The backstory here is that one of our editors needed to buy her first Le Creuset. We did some research, braised some stuff, stared at each other, argued, kicked a couple of pots around the office, and voila. Go to post.
16. BIGGEST WAKE-UP CALL: Hungry New York Families Dig Food Out Of Dumpsters After Sandy
Two months later, families and small business are still suffering from this crazy storm. BuzzFeed has pledged $40,000 to the American Red Cross and we are 77% of the way to our goal. Even $10 helps. Here’s how you can donate. Go to post.
17. MOST WTF: 22 Flavored Liquors That Will Make You Angry
There is just absolutely no reason that these should exist and we’re sorry but we had to bring them to your attention. Go to post.
18. BEST ORIGINAL PHOTOGRAPHY: How to Do Thanksgiving On a $50 Budget
Thanksgiving came quickly after the September launch of BuzzFeed Food; next year we hope to bring you even more how-tos and step by steps. BUT for now, we’d like never to see a turkey again. Go to post.
19. DARKEST HORSE: The 34 Hottest Trends Of 2012, As Presented By Cookies
The popularity of this post shouldn’t be confusing because a) COOKIES and b) OTHER STUFF PEOPLE ARE OBSESSED WITH but it’s still been surprisingly popular. Important detail: One commenter found some 50 Shades of Gray cookies that we overlooked. Go to post.
- California Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to be the next speaker of the U.S. House. ›
- FIFA has suspended its president Sepp Blatter, secretary general Jerome Valcke, and vice-president Michel Platini for 90 days. ›
- Congressional Democrats are urging the TSA to change its screening procedures for transgender passengers. ›