5. Dan Aykroyd’s script originally took place in the future, but Harold Ramis rewrote it to take place in modern times.
As a result, the production budget was cut from a projected $300 million (according to director Ivan Reitman) to just over $30 million.
15. The term “proton pack” was never actually used until the middle of Ghostbusters II.
In the sequel, Spengler said “before we go any further I think we should get our proton packs.”
17. The film was originally titled Ghost Smashers.
But director Ivan Reitman called it “the telephone book” because of how long the first draft was.
23. The demonic voice of Dana/Zuul was performed by director Ivan Reitman.
All facts come from IMDB.
- Bomb threats were called into Jewish centers in at least 13 states today, making it the fifth wave of threats since January.
- The trans sister of a Trump inauguration singer must be allowed to use the restroom that fits her gender ID, a judge ruled.
- The suspect in a Kansas shooting that left an Indian man dead thought he was shooting Iranians, and the FBI is investigating as a possible hate crime.
- Elon Musk announced that his SpaceX company will send two tourists around the moon by 2018 🚀🌝