42 Problem-Solving Products So Effective They Belong In A Hall Of Fame
The best of the best, so you can solve all sorts of (small) problems.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A drain millipede covered with over 4000 micro-hooks to grab every last bit of the hair and gunk slowing down your sink and tub drains, so they actually flow freely again.
2. And a silicone drain cover to be the knight in shining armor for you and your bathroom pipes, letting you shed all the hair you want without risking one of those disgusting clogs.
3. A jar of cult-favorite Aztec Secret Bentonite Clay Mask to suck out the gunk from your pores, so you can kiss acne buh-bye.
4. A dip and sauce holder that clips to your car vents because you deserve to enjoy your fries exactly the way you like them, even if you're the one stuck driving.
5. A set of produce saver containers so you don't have to toss wilted, moldy fruit and veggies in the trash because you ran out of time to eat them — these containers will make pretty much all the fresh produce you store in 'em last for up to two weeks in the fridge.
6. A pack of natural cleaning tablets you simply plop into any permanently-stained mug, coffee pot, slow cooker, or tumbler to fizz out stains, odors, and gunk with literally no elbow grease or scrubbing required.
7. A bug bite suction tool that lets you gently extract the pesky venom that makes the bite itch, so it stops irritating you right away and disappears completely shortly after.
8. A squeegee broom so you can extract years worth of built-up, embedded pet hair from your carpet and rugs (the kind that even your pet vacuum somehow doesn't touch) *and* easily sweep up the scattered bits from your hardwood or tile floors.
9. A set of three drill brushes because they'll transform essentially any grimy surface — from cooked-on grease on a stovetop to built-up dirt in a bathtub to the accumulated years of grime on tile and grout — without requiring any elbow grease on your part.
10. A collagen and protein–infused hair mask treatment that will restore some shine and luster to your damaged, over-processed locks, one shower at a time.
11. A set of sexy lace bands designed to let you walk in your dresses all day without a single peep of complaint from your thighs.
12. A bug catcher so you can stand at a distance, grab the pesky little guy without injuring him, then take him outside and release him safely somewhere that isn't your bathroom.
13. Did You Feed The Dog, a switch pad to make sure your pups (or kitties, or fish) can't ever trick multiple humans into feeding them two breakfasts and three dinners.
14. A pack of hydrocolloid acne patches to suck out a bunch of the gunk lurking in your zits until they basically vanish, or at least have been somewhat diminished.
15. A pack of light-dimming sheets because your alarm clock, boombox, and other electronics have exactly zero business keeping you awake (or even just annoying you) with their overly bright displays.
16. A toenail brace kit that will relieve that stabbing pain from your ingrown after just a few days, then continue to flatten it out the rest of the way so you can be well on your way to happier, healthier nails.
17. A fabric shaver — no need to throw out a sweater, throw, pillow, chair, or any other piece of fabric just because it's started to pill! This easily pinches off those pesky little buggers to make your fabrics (including upholstery!) look brand new.
18. Some cozy fleece headphones that make it easy to enjoy music or white noise while you doze off without the discomfort of headphones OR irritating sounds of your S.O./roommate/airplane seat-mates.
19. Or, if you're not in such close quarters, a mini white noise machine with non-looping audio so you can finally get the solid night's sleep you deserve.
20. A mini steamer that will do a *much* better job of turning your crumpled dress into something you'll look presentable in at work than hanging that dress up in the bathroom while you shower ever would.
21. A makeup-removing cloth — it takes every bit of makeup off with just water, so you'll actually feel motivated take that last (and essential!) skincare step, instead of letting your head hit the pillow with foundation still intact.
22. A self-adhesive door draft stopper so you can stop paying extra $$ on your electricity bill for the hard-earned cold AC air — or in the wintertime, that warm air — that escapes out to your garage, apartment hallway, or basement.
23. A pack of oil blotting sheets that are basically essentials for all of us oily-skinned people who don't want to wash our faces four times a day.
24. A bottle of gentle but genuinely effective dandruff shampoo to swap into your routine a few times a week, so you can start to restore ~balance~ to your scalp — or potentially even calm irritated skin elsewhere you haven't found another solution for.
25. A mold and mildew remover made from a no-odor gel that sticks and stays to your grout and caulking so it can actually do its job: banishing the grossness from your bathroom.
26. A pair of adjustable elastic laces because if you hate tying your shoes or your shoes always come untied, they're ready to turn pretty much any laced shoe into a basic but secure slip-on situation.
27. The Diamond Dazzle Stick, which you gently brush onto your diamond, sapphire, emerald, and other precious-gem rings for a sparkling clarity worthy of a professional cleaning.
28. An all-in-one wood cleanser and polish to transport water- or heat- or pet-damaged furniture (or cabinets, or wood floors) back to its former glory with just a coat or two.
29. A post-waxing, post-shaving skin solution formulated to reduce the appearance of razor bumps and redness. All you do is apply a very thin layer to your dry skin once a day (then top with gentle moisturizer, if you'd like) and it will work its magic.
30. A cute little brown sugar bear who just wants to keep your brown sugar perfectly moist, so you never find yourself hacking at an impenetrable rock, hoping to bake cookies.
31. An eyeliner with wing stamps — the set is practically guaranteed to speed up your morning routine, whether you're a liquid liner novice or seasoned pro.
32. A set of two miniature spatulas for reaching deep into the crevices of almost-empty mustard bottles and foundation jars so you can actually use and enjoy every last drop.
33. A can of Barkeeper's Friend powder cleanser to scrub off even the most impossible stains you never thought would come up, even with hardcore elbow grease.
34. And the Barkeeper's Friend Cooktop Cleanser that eliminates the built-up residue on shower doors *and* the burnt-on grime on glass cooktop stoves.
35. A pack of 50 slimline hangers that will instantly create extra inches on your closet rod — you don't even have to get rid of any clothes. Plus they're non-slip so even the silkiest spaghetti straps stay put.
36. A dishwasher cleaning tablet to disband the limescale and mineral buildup preventing your dishes from actually getting as clean as possible.
37. A tongue scraper — yes it can be gross, but it also can remove any lurking gunk or grime causing you bad breath with a few quick, gentle swipes that won't trigger that gag reflex.
38. A useful slicing tool that'll basically pay for itself (if you eat lots of pineapple) because you can stop paying markup prices for the pre-cut packages.
39. A bottle of makeup brush and sponge shampoo that will break up all the various layers of stubborn foundation, contour, concealer, powder, and eye makeup that's embedded itself in your tools. Even the ones you use most often will look fresh out of their packaging in no time!
40. A tube of patch and primer featuring a piece of sanding pad on the top of the cap and a putty knife on the other end, making quick drywall repairs faster than you ever thought possible.
41. A red wine stain remover that — with the ~magic of science~ — actually fades all kinds of spills (like coffee, blood, ink, and marinara sauce) right before your eyes.
42. A pocketed shower curtain liner, because it lets you move everything off the edges of the tub (making it easy to clean the entire thing in one go) *and* is sturdy and spacious enough to hold several people's stuff with no problems.
You to these products — and everyone else to you — once you start using even just one or two of these to fix small problems in your life:
The reviews in this post have been edited for length and clarity.