The 25 Most Important Selfies Of 2014
One year after becoming the official word of 2013, the "selfie" is now officially mainstream. Here are 2014's most significant.
1. The Ellen at the Oscars selfie.
2. The happy camel selfie.
3. The Queen Elizabeth II photobomb:
4. The Glenn Greenwald/Ed Snowden selfie.
5. The Katy Perry/Joe Biden selfie.
6. ...and the selfie Joe Biden took with this guy.
7. The lemur selfie.
8. The brunch with Taylor and Lorde selfie.
9. The incredible plane crash selfie.
10. The Oprah and Idris Elba selfie.
11. This dog selfie.
12. The allegedly photoshopped Kim Kardashian butt selfie.
13. The #elfie.
15. The controversial Auschwitz selfie.
16. The Jimmy Kimmel with the Clintons selfie.
17. ...and the Demi Lovato/Bill Clinton selfie.
18. NASA's global selfie.
For Earth Day 2014, NASA collected almost 37,000 selfies from people around the world and combined them for this awesome interactive selfie map.