1. Last month, Ferdinand Puentes was riding in a Makani Kai Air Cessna off the coast of Hawaii when the engine quit. When they hit the water, the passengers escaped from the plane and Puentes took out his GoPro camera.
2. Puentes told local reporters that he was terrified through the whole ordeal. He stayed afloat on an extra seat cushion.
3. Puentes also managed to grab incredible footage of the whole crash.
4. In the video you can see water rushing up through the plane and then the passengers escaping into the water.
5. One passenger died in the crash, Hawaii’s Health Director Loretta Fuddy. The National Transportation Safety Board is still investigating what caused the plane to lose power.
AP Photo/Josh Lang
Ryan Broderick is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Contact Ryan Broderick at email@example.com.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Dylann Roof pleaded not guilty to federal hate crime charges in the Charleston church massacre.
- The World Health Organization says that an interim analysis of a potential Ebola vaccine shows "100% efficacy in individuals."
- Beijing won its bid to host the 2022 Winter Olympics. It's the first city to host both the summer and winter games.