We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Supergoop!'s SPF 40 Unseen Sunscreen shields your skin from the sun *and* acts like a primer for your pre-makeup face. It's oil-free, goes on clear (no streaky, white residue!), and provides a lightweight base layer for blush, concealer, and foundation.
2. Or Supergoop! Mineral Mattescreen Sunscreen provides the same SPF protection, preps your skin for makeup, and is formulated for combination and oily skin types. If you're looking for a matte finish that's less shiny and conceals the appearance of pores, you may want to give this a try!
3. Sunday Riley C.E.O. Glow Face Oil illuminates your complexion and will get it glowing like a lightbulb. Packed with vitamin C and golden turmeric, this skincare essential will help kick dullness to the curb. Gently rub 2–3 drops on your face and neck and you'll be good to go.
"How could you not have Sunday Riley C.E.O. Glow on here? It is totally worth the splurge! I’ve been using it for two months now and I’ve noticed a complete change in my skin. It’s brighter, smoother, less oily, and my dark circles are diminishing. I swear by this face oil now! I got the small bottle first that lasted me from early January to beginning of March and then I bought the bigger bottle." —fyeahrandaj, from this roundup of 38 Totally Investment-Worthy Skincare Products That Your Skin Will Probably Thank You For
Get it from Amazon for $40.
4. Drunk Elephant Protini Polypeptide Moisturizer helps improve a dry, dull, and uneven complexion with a combo of amino acids and signal peptides. Reviewers can't get enough of it because it gives their skin a smoother, dewy-looking appearance.
"I’m constantly trying new products and this is the only skincare product I have purchased multiple times. It makes my skin so soft, clear, and dewy. Like, I look in the mirror and my skin looks GOOD. I’m 40 and have dry skin. I’ve heard it makes some people break out but this has never been my experience."
Get it from Sephora for $68 (available in two sizes).
5. La Roche-Posay Acne Treatment System targets excess oil and congested pores with three simple steps, and you can use it twice a day: first, cleanse your skin with the Medicated Gel Cleanser, tone it with the Clarifying Solution, and dab the Dual Action Acne Treatment on stubborn spots. That's it and you're done. ✨
This trio lasts up to two months and you may see results within a few days (as noted in the reader review below). It's also dermatologist-tested, noncomedogenic, and fragrance-free.
"I switched from the pill to an IUD and the lack of hormones made my face re-adjust and break out all over my mouth and chin. The same thing happened to my friend and her dermatologist recommended the La Roche Posay line. The Toleriane Moisturizer and Effaclar Duo Acne Treatment did wonders. After three days of use, all my redness and inflammation disappeared." —leahlynch15, from this roundup of 15 Products For Cystic Acne Our Readers Actually Swear By
Get the set from Amazon for $29.99.
6. Fresh's Soy Makeup Removing Face Wash takes off a full face of makeup without disrupting your skin's pH level. It gently removes highlighter and foundation without harsh rubbing and helps your complexion stay hydrated. Dryness, uneven texture, and annoying makeup residue will be the least of your worries.
This gel formula is designed for dry, combination, oily, and normal skin types!
"I can vouch for the Fresh Soy Face Wash. It’s the ONLY face wash I’ll ever buy! Every other one I try leaves my face feeling like the Sahara, but this one makes my face feel fresh and soft." —betherick85, from this roundup of 41 Splurge-Worthy Beauty Products You Won't Regret Spending The Money On
Get it from Sephora for $38+ (available in four sizes).
7. Dr. Jart+ Cicapair Tiger Grass Color-Correcting Treatment neutralizes red spots on your face and offers SPF 30 protection. You'll finally have a more even-looking skin tone and keep sunburns at bay. Oh, and it's formulated for combination, dry, oily, and normal skin types!
After cleansing and moisturizing, warm a dime-size drop between your hands and gently blend it into your face. You'll see the cream shift from a green color to a beige color as you rub it in, resulting in less redness and a more even skin tone.
BuzzFeed editor Elizabeth Lilly swears by this color-correcting skincare treatment. Check out her Dr. Jart+ Cicapair Tiger Grass Color-Correcting Treatment review for more details (it's #1).
Get it from Sephora for $52 (available in two sizes).
8. The Ordinary Peeling Solution AHA 30% + BHA 2% exfoliates blemishes and uneven areas around your cheeks, chin, and forehead. Glycolic acid and lactic acid target the skin's outer layers, while salicylic acid decongests pores. After applying it, your complexion will look and feel a little more radiant.
Apply it to clean *and* dry skin, leave it on for 10 minutes, and rinse it off with lukewarm water. It's recommended that you add it to your nighttime skincare routine once or twice a week.
"The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution. It makes the skin feel so clean and gives it an incredible glow!"
"It has been a game-changer for me. I use it twice a week and it keeps my acne away and leaves my skin looking more luminous and less discolored/splotchy." —bribinks, from this roundup of 32 Of Our Readers' Holy Grail Skincare Products
Get it from Sephora for $8.
9. Tatcha's Dewy Skin Cream Plumping & Hydrating Moisturizer comes to the rescue for your dry, thirsty complexion. Japanese purple rice, Okinawa algae blend, hyaluronic acid, and botanical extracts lock in moisture and help minimize pollution and UV damage. Your face will be smoother, softer, and less flaky after using this holy grail product.
"Tatcha moisturizers. I first tried the water cream that I got as a gift sample which is great. Then I tried the dewy skin cream and it is perfect for my sensitive combination skin. My skin looks well-hydrated whenever I use it, and I have way fewer dry patches than I used to have before I started using it."
Get it from Sephora for $69+ (available in three sizes).
10. Fenty Skin Start'rs Kit introduces you to an easy and efficient skincare routine. You'll get the Total Cleans’r (gently washes away dirt and makeup), Fat Water Toner & Serum (tones, smooths uneven skin, and improves the appearance of dark spots), and Hydra Vizor (a sunscreen that doubles up as a lightweight moisturizer).
11. Biossance Squalane Oil penetrates the epidermis of your skin and delivers a hydration boost to dry areas. You'll appreciate the lightweight feel of this skincare treat, especially if your complexion lacks moisture. You can also use it on your hair (goodbye frizz) *or* on your body after showering.
"This is the stuff of dreams, people! I put it on my face at night after serum and before my night cream, and wake up with bouncy, bright skin. The first time I used it, I had overnight results. I am constantly yelling about this product to everyone who will listen; I even convinced my dermatologist to try it." —Bek O'Connell, BuzzFeed Editor
12. Biobare Beauty Sleep Recovery Mask clarifies, soothes, and rejuvenates overnight, so you can wake up with skin that feels less irritated and tight. Packed with antioxidants (like cactus flower extract) and collagen peptides, this multitasking formula will probably be a favorite for your evening routine.
"Anything from Biobare, but especially the Beauty Sleep Anti-Wrinkle Overnight Recovery Mask. It's buttery, packed with essentials, and keeps my face hydrated in the winter. When paired with their Moisture Retain Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Gel, my skin is plump, smooth and glowing. Bury me with Biobare products."
Preorder it from Biobare for $49.
13. Drunk Elephant C-Firma Fresh Day Serum brightens dull areas and helps improve skin texture. It contains antioxidants (vitamin E, ferulic acid, l-ascorbic acid) and fruit enzymes that minimize roughness and give your face a more illuminated appearance.
This serum comes with a liquid serum base and a bottle of l-ascorbic acid powder that you need to mix together before application (more on that in my review below), and easy instructions on how to do so. It's recommended that you use this in the A.M.: apply a tiny pump to your dry face and neck after cleansing your skin. It's also important to layer sunscreen on top after application!
During the winter, my skin is more red, dry, and dull. Typically I don't do much for my daytime skin routine except cleanse and put on sunscreen, because my skin is on the more sensitive side. I decided to try this serum and I'm so glad I did! After a few days of using it, I noticed my forehead and cheeks looked a little brighter and my skin texture wasn't as rough. Plus, it was gentle enough to add to my routine without causing irritation or redness. (Note: You *do* need to mix this formula before using it; I found the instructions included in the package very easy to follow and I didn't have any issues mixing the liquid serum base and the 15% l-ascorbic acid powder together before applying it to my skin.)
Get it from Sephora for $78.
14. DHC Deep Cleansing Oil speeds up your regimen by nourishing the skin and removing impurities at the same time. When you blend it with water, it develops a milky texture that feels so nice on your face and gently rinses away dirt and last night's makeup with ease.
"I've been using this stuff since I started wearing makeup and it's the BEST and most gentle makeup remover and face wash ever. Absolutely no rubbing or scrubbing needed to remove even the most stubborn of waterproof mascara. Honestly all DHC products are fantastic, and make my skin feel amazing plus their customer service is so good. Every time I have the money DHC products are the first I buy." —gretcheno3, from this roundup of 23 Splurge-Worthy Skin Care Products You'll Wish You Knew About Sooner
Get it from SkinStore for $29.
15. Neutrogena's Hydro Boost Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Water Gel helps your complexion retain moisture and won't get in the way of your makeup routine. If your skin is super dry and needs some hydration, stat, this formula will absorb quickly and combat irritation.
16. Caudalíe's Beauty Elixir sets makeup, minimizes the appearance of pores, and hydrates your skin. Spritz this essential oil formula on your face after your beauty routine for a radiant look.
"Caudalie Beauty Elixir and Fresh Lotus Face Cream, used together for me are perfect." —sara128, from this roundup of 23 Splurge-Worthy Skin Care Products You'll Wish You Knew About Sooner
Get it from Caudalíe for $49.
17. Belif's The True Cream Aqua Bomb hydrates on the spot and is like a water fountain for extremely dry skin: This gel cream contains lady's mantle (Alchemilla vulgaris), ceramide 3, and glycerin, and absorbs quickly for a glowing, moisture-rich complexion.
"Belif Aqua Bomb Moisturizer is an awesome moisturizer for oily skin!" —emmiee2, from this roundup of 23 Splurge-Worthy Skin Care Products You'll Wish You Knew About Sooner
BuzzFeeder Rachel Dunkel also loves this skincare product and said: "What makes Aqua Bomb so special is its gel-cream formula, which is cooling and calming on the skin — like giving your skin a big ol' glass of water. It feels as incredible to put on sun-weary skin in the hot months of summer as on chapped, dry skin in the winter. It's an everyday, all year product." Read more of her Belif's The True Cream Aqua Bomb review here.
Get it from Sephora for $38+ (available in three sizes).
18. This Drunk Elephant Waterfacial Mask helps treat your complexion that may look and feel like a dry desert. A blend of four electrolytes, soothing vitamin F, and niacinamide work together to tackle areas that are dry, dull, and tight while you sleep. Plus, it tops off your p.m. skincare routine!
"Drunk Elephant F-Balm Electrolyte Waterfacial Mask! Living in North Dakota with the extreme cold and wind has left my skin dry and chapped. I started using this overnight mask and saw a difference almost immediately! I’ve been using it weekly and my skin is so much better."
Get it from Sephora for $52 (available in two sizes).
19. Foreo's Luna Mini 2 elevates your daily skincare routine with a deep-clean that'll leave your face glowing and clear in minutes. Makeup residue, dirt, and extra oil will be history after using this tiny gadget, which uses gentle pulsations and movements to get the job done.
BuzzFeed Editor Maitland Quitmeyer tried this skincare gadget and loved how it made her skin clearer and smoother. She said, "It removes up to 99.5% of dirt and oil — and leaves your face free of ANY makeup residue. I wear a full face every day, and I am consistently amazed by the results of this tool." See more of her FOREO Luna Mini 2 review here.
Get it from Amazon for $97.30+ (available in five colors).
20. The Body Shop's Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask multitasks by soaking up excess oil, extracting impurities, *and* sloughing away dead skin. Put a small amount on your face, wait five to 10 minutes, and rinse with water. Use it whenever your complexion needs a pick-me-up during the week.
21. Wldkat Saffron and Oat Milk Glow Serum adds a subtle glow to your face and hydrates dry spots. A powerhouse formula of oat milk, hyaluronic acid, and saffron help minimize dryness and dullness around your T-zone and cheekbones.
Wldkat is a small business founded by entrepreneur Amy Zunzunegui, who spent more than a decade developing beauty goods for Urban Decay. They're known for their cruelty-free, vegan, and eco-friendly skincare line that includes gel creams, serums, and eye gels made in the USA.
BuzzFeeder Danielle Healy swears by this serum and said: "A skincare product has never so quickly impressed me like this serum did. One pump, day and night, and within a few days I was catching a makeup-less cheekbone glow in the mirror that *definitely* never was happening before. But then I started taking my new juicy skin for granted. When I ran out I debated if I needed to order more, but my skin quickly told me that wasn't an option. Within a week I was looking dry, dull, and my cheeks started feeling more textured. I ran back to this serum and it welcomed me back with open arms. Now I plan to never be apart ever again."
Get it from Target for $25.49.