38 Totally Investment-Worthy Skincare Products That Your Skin Will Probably Thank You For
I'll admit, I went broke after this — I mean, I *invested* in my skin.
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. The buttery Priming Moisturizer Rich cream by Glossier helps hydrate and nourish your skin while reducing redness, leaving your skin feeling dewy and balanced.
2. Algenist GENIUS Liquid Collagen Lip heals even the driest of lips (as I can vouch) and even improves their pigment so they don't look dehydrated and washed out.
3. The luxurious Drunk Elephant D-Bronzi Anti-Pollution Sunshine Drops protects your skin from pollutants and environmental stressors (esp if you live in a big city!) and gives your complexion a sun-kissed glow — so you basically always look like you just came back from an island vacay.
4. The nourishing MURAD Retinol Youth Renewal Night Cream provides some serious hydration, helping to even out your skin and improve it's radiance — plus, it supports your skin's natural protective barrier.
5. Youth To The People Superfood Antioxidant Cleanser removes your makeup and helps clear your pores and balance your skin — plus, it's filled with antioxidants and made from kale, spinach, and green tea so it's basically like a smoothie for your face.
6. Lightweight Belif True Cream Aqua Bomb is like a "drink of water" for your face — the gel-cream hydrates and nurtures your skin, helping it retain water, and leaves you with a healthy glow.
7. Vegan Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel reduces acne scars, blemishes, and pores by combining seven acids in simple peel pads so you can achieve professional results in your definitely-not-professional bathroom.
8. The miraculous Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Framboos Glycolic Resurfacing Night Serum clears away dead skin cells with its blend of tartaric, lactic, and citric acids to reveal the fresh, luminous skin you've got hiding beneath it — seriously, it's great for uneven texture or tone, dullness, and large pores.
9. The lightweight, vegan Tatcha Violet-C Brightening Serum (made up of 20% vitamin C and 10% AHA) makes your skin glow — meaning it takes you from dull to radiant by improving your skin's moisture levels, removing debris that's settled onto your skin and reducing the appearance of dark spots or discoloration.
10. The beloved Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment can be used as a serum or mask, and, either way, it clarifies and exfoliates your skin — best of all, this baby really brightens your complexion and improves your skin texture.
11. Highly-concentrated Dr. Jart+ Cicapair Tiger Grass Serum helps repair your skin using A) a microbiome complex to defend against skin irritation and damage, B) Centella Asiatica to soothe your skin, and C) an ivy derivative to help heal skin damage from external stressors. It's especially great for dryness and redness.
12. TATCHA Violet-C Radiance Mask makes your skin radiate with its key ingredient, Japanese beautyberry (yes, that's a thing — a superfruit rich in antioxidants that also maximizes the effectiveness of vitamin C) and two types of vitamin C — a water-soluble one that absorbs immediately to give your skin an instant glow, and an oil-soluble one that lasts longer for antioxidant protection from UV damage.
13. Overnight Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate can restore your skin by blending botanical oils (like lavender, squalane, and evening primrose) so that you feel like an Earth goddess when you wake up.
14. Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Moisturizer helps your skin attract and retain water with hyaluronic acid and uses super lotus to make sure your skin's barrier remains strong and protected from free radicals, all while giving your skin an even and radiant look.
15. Olehenriksen Glow Cycle Retin-ALT Power Serum helps your skin out with bakuchiol (that's a plant-based retinol alternative), edelweiss stem cell, and hibiscus flower extract. The ingredients help brighten and even out your skin while reducing dark spots and the size of pores.
16. Cruelty- and gluten-free Tatcha Dewy Skin Cream plumps up your skin with Japanese purple rice, an Okinawa algae blend, and extracts from ginseng, wild thyme, and sweet marjoram — basically, your skin will look dewy and be healthy (plus, it comes in recyclable packaging).
17. Peach-tinted Olehenriksen C-Rush Vitamin C Gel Moisturizer brightens your skin with three sources of vitamin C — one being ascorbic acid (aka pure vitamin C). It's *so* hydrating that it helps your makeup go on more smoothly.
18. Purity Made Simple Cleanser by Philosophy gently but effectively strips away the dirt, oil, and makeup from your face, all while toning and conditioning your skin.
19. Vegan, multitasking, oil-free (cruelty-free, and gluten-free) bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30 gives your face a dewy glow, protecting your skin from the sun WHILE ALSO hydrating your skin with plant-derived squalene.
20. The Milky Jelly Cleanser + Futuredew combo from Glossier cleans and nourishes your skin in two simple steps — keeping your face fresh and gleamy whether you're going out for the day or going to bed.
21. Vegan Youth To The People Adaptogen Deep Moisture Cream with Ashwagandha + Reishi works to soothe and de-stress your skin with active botanicals. Ashwagandha is an herb that can help minimize signs of fatigue, and reishi is a mushroom, fermented to help hydrate and detox.
22. Water-activated La Roche-Posay Toleriane Purifying Cleanser washes away impurities and makeup while being gentle enough for the most intolerant skin — plus, it's fragrance- and preservative-free.
23. Luxurious Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque draws out impurities, dirt, and excess oils that clog your pores — plus, it's infused with Amazonian white clay and aloe, leaving you with smooth and refined skin.
24. Rich, vegan First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream rescues even the driest and flakiest of skin, providing you with some instant relief and long-term hydration through ingredients like colloidal oatmeal and shea butter.
25. Lovely Amorepacific Treatment Enzyme Peel Cleansing Powder clears away dead skin cells, makeup, and impurities using plant-derived enzymes (from the likes of green tea and papaya) to help leave your skin beaming.
26. The three-zone Foreo Luna Mini 2 pulses away impurities from your face at 8,000 vibrations a minute, thanks to its silicone brush — use the side with thicker brushes for oily spots and the side with thinner brushes for sensitive spots.
27. The aggressive La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo Acne Treatment dries out your blemishes and targets both blackheads and whiteheads, helping unclog your pores so that your skin quickly clears up again.
28. Deluxe, vegan Biossance Squalane + 10% Lactic Acid Resurfacing Night Serum uses clover (and its two titular ingredients) to help reset your skin, exfoliating its stress away and working to strengthen its defense against pollution and blue light — so you can wake up with enhanced and resurfaced skin.
29. Enriching, vegan Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Mask lavishes your skin overnight — using maqui (the most antioxidant-dense fruit) to treat oxidative stress, vitamin C to plump up and brighten your skin, and squalane to hydrate your skin by mimicking its natural oils — so that you wake up glowing.
30. Uber-absorbable, vegan Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Antioxidant Face Oil helps restore your skin to its natural, glowy glory with critical antioxidants and omega 6 and 9 — and it even defends your skin against pollutants and free radicals.
31. The invisible, vegan, reef-safe Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40 doubles as a sunscreen and a makeup primer — it combines meadowfoam seed (to hydrate and even your skin), red algae (to protect your skin against blue light from devices), and frankincense (to soothe your skin) — plus, it goes on clear and leaves NO WHITE CAST.
32. The leave-on Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask wraps your lips with moisture overnight with it's soft, balm-like texture and blend of vitamin C, antioxidants, hyaluronic acid, and Berry Mix Complex — so you'll wake up flake-free with soft and supple lips.
33. The clarifying GlamGlow Supermud Charcoal Instant Treatment Mask helps purify your pores and improve your complexion thanks to the power of a six-acid blend and activated-x charcoal — as the mask dries, the impurities extracted from your pores stay dark, and once you wash it off, your pores are left clean and minimized.
34. All-in-one Dr. Jart+ Cicapair Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment not only works to even out skin tone and reduce redness, but it defends against UV rays (SPF 30!) and environmental aggressors.
35. Protein-filled, vegan Drunk Elephant Protini Polypeptide Cream helps improve everything from your skin's tone and texture to its firmness and elasticity by using peptides, pygmy waterlily stem cell extract, and soybean folic acid ferment acid extract — which means it helps bind moisture to your skin, provides it with nutrients, and rehydrates it after exposure to the sun.
36. Dual-action Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Intensive Pore Exfoliating Treatment exfoliates your skin — with lactic acid, fruit enzymes (like papaya, pineapple, and pumpkin) aloe vera, honey, and vitamin E — unclogging your pores and evening out your skin tone with every use.
37. Banana-powder-inspired Olehenriksen Banana Bright Eye Crème reduces dark circles and dryness around your eyes with a collagen-boosted formula and vitamin C, so your eyes look brighter and livelier (even if you didn't get the beauty sleep).
38. And finally, the limited edition BuzzFeed x Birchbox Splurge-Worthy Beauty box has a bunch of incredible, investment-worthy products (over $200 worth!) that you can get for only $62 — PLUS an extra $10 off with our exclusive discount code BUZZFEED at checkout!
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.