36 Beauty Products With Results That'll Inspire You To Shake Up Your Normal Routine
These incredible before-and-after shots really do speak for themselves — in fact, I think they're saying "put me in your cart. I'm worth it."
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. An eye cream that reduces those stubborn dark circles and puffy bags under your eyes that tend to pop up in the morning. Made with all-natural botanical ingredients, it's as gentle on your skin as it is on the environment.
Promising review: "I have been using this daily for about eight months now. I am 60 years old. It reduced the puffiness and bags under my eyes. I am Sicilian and had dark circles. It has brightened up my eye area. I am very surprised as I have paid much more for eye creams that have done so much less. I recently had pre-cancerous cells removed at the bridge of my nose. After healing, I was left with a dark scar. The dermatologist told me that it would heal over time. Since I began to apply this eye cream, the mark has almost disappeared entirely. I shop constantly from Amazon. This is the first time that I have taken the time to write a review. That's how impressed I am with this product. If you decide to purchase this, you won't be sorry." —Lynda M.
Get it from Amazon for $19.99.
2. A Revlon hot air brush magically designed to dry and style hair with just a few passes. It'll create bouncy, shiny hair in about a quarter of the time it would take with a traditional blow-dryer and round brush.
Promising review: "First time review and it’s because I’m so happy with this dryer/styler! My hair is about shoulder length, very fine with a slight curl, and now it has some gray to it. It’s also frizzy, no matter what I use. I’m 61 years old so trust me, I’ve used a lot of products! Never have I been able to get my hair to look like it did after leaving the salon, EXCEPT after using this. I watched some YouTube videos first for some pointers, and then I gave it a try. It’s easy to use, even though it’s bigger than I thought it would be. My hair came out beautiful! Smooth, soft, no frizz and lots of volume. Hope this review helps you anyone out there that have similar hair!" —Anon anon
Get it from Amazon for $34.99+ (available in six colors).
3. Essence Lash Princess Mascara that will make your lashes look so long, thick, and full, people will start asking you if you got eyelash extensions.
BuzzFeed Editor Kayla Boyd tried this out and raves: "As someone who isn't a big fan of false lashes (the glue irritates my eyes and I'm terrible at applying them) this budget-friendly holy grail does the trick for both lengthening and volumizing my lashes. After you've given it a minute to dry, it lasts all day long and doesn't smudge or fade. It seriously gives the effect of false lashes, without the discomfort."
Promising review: "After using Lights, Camera, Lashes by Tarte for the past year, I got tired of breaking the bank over mascara. My sister suggested Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect and I IMMEDIATELY fell in love. It provides dramatic length and great volume. I can honestly say I can’t stop looking at my eyelashes in the mirror every single day because of how awesome they look. Also, it is very long-wearing. I go from an eight-hour workday right to the gym and sweat like crazy...and this stuff doesn’t budge! I love it!!" —Carrie E Miller
Get it from Amazon for $4.99.
4. The Olaplex Hair Perfector No. 3 treatment to repair damaged hair and broken bonds, which helps transform your dry, frizzy hair into the smooth, silky, luxurious locks you know they can be. Reviewers have said it also works great on healing overprocessed, color-treated hair.
Make sure your hair is wet when you use this, and apply liberally from roots to ends. Use once a week or twice a week if you have severely damaged hair.
Promising review: "I had a botched hair color. The hairdresser over-bleached and processed my hair. I could hardly brush it because of the damage. I knew I needed to find something to repair my hair. This product has worked wonders. I did an overnight treatment and I could feel that my hair was more manageable. I love this product, I now use it once a week to help replenish my damaged hair. My hair is very thick so I only got two treatments out of one bottle. I will definitely be using this in the future. It smells good and is easy to apply." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $28.
5. Or this deep-conditioning hair mask if you can practically hear your hair whispering to you, "Help me! I'm dry and damaged!" Just put this super-hydrating mask on your hair for five to 10 minutes after shampooing, and you'll come out of the shower with smoother, healthier, and frizz-free locks.
Briogeo is a Black-owned, woman-owned small business that specializes in cruelty-free, gluten-free, mostly vegan hair products. Every product is also six-free, which means it has no harsh sulfates, silicones, phthalates, parabens, DEA, or artificial dyes.
Promising review: "MY HAIR HAS NEVER BEEN SOFTER! Seriously, this stuff is magic. My hair was so soft using this product and never felt greasy like a lot of other products will make my hair feel. I have straight, fine hair and it was awesome!" —mhopp
6. A nail-and-cuticle oil for anyone who finds themselves with dry, damaged nails that tend to peel or break. Apply this daily on your nails, and you'll be amazed at how healthy they look after just a few months.
Promising review: "I had peeling, weak nails for years. I bought this in February. This size bottle lasted a bit more than a month as I religiously applying it two to three times a day. I was really seeing great improvement so I bought another bottle in late March. By May, all the peeling had grown out and my nails were getting stronger every day. I then bought the big 4-oz refill bottle because I never want to run out of it again! Cannot recommend this stuff enough!" —Diana
Get it from Amazon for $8.50.
7. A L'Oreal *eight-second* lamellar water rinse-out treatment because you don't need to drop half your paycheck at the salon to get a treatment that will make your hair look shiny, moisturized, and strong.
And it's silicone-free!
Promising review: "I don’t usually do reviews on products, but for this one I absolutely have to. I have 3c type hair and struggle with a lot a breakage, unmanageability, and moisture. When my mom mentioned this product to me I didn’t take her seriously because of the simple fact that we have two completely different hair textures. I never would have thought this brand would work on my hair. I have always used ethnic hair products and stayed away from brands such as this one because of the alcohol consumption. I have never in my 22 years felt my hair like this. I feel like I have a completely different head of hair. This product is so amazing and I will FOREVER be using this product in my hair regimen. Thank you so much!! ♥️" —Theressa Hailey
Get it from Amazon for $8.97.
8. A box of pore-tightening, skin-lifting face masks that might freak you out at first (they make your face look like a zombie!), but once you peel it off, you'll be nothing but pleased at how radiant your skin looks.
Promising review: "At 60 years old I have tried SO MANY products...anything short of surgery to lift and tighten my face. Around the age of 57 my pores became larger and larger. I tried product after product and spent hundreds trying to find that fountain of youth. There is nothing like going into a store with sales people younger than my grandchildren telling me what I'm doing 'wrong' with my skin care regime. They had never seen a wrinkle in their lives. I thought I would give this face mask a shot. I mean what did I have to lose? Immediate results! I couldn't believe it! My pores were small; my face was different...and in a good way..lol. I can't believe my skin looks so good. I'm so excited. I had to write a review. I don't think you'll be sorry if you decide to try this. I know I sure wasn't!" —Judi Bragg
Get a box of eight masks from Amazon for $30.99.
9. A dandruff shampoo if you're sick and tired of finding little flakes of your scalp on your shoulders. Also, people with dandruff know how dang itchy the problem is, and this is formulated to keep those scalp scratchies at bay.
Promising review: "I have tried every natural thing for my dandruff-y, funky scalp. I did tea tree, neem, a couple Aveda systems, borax, just everything. For a couple YEARS. I'd see mild improvement, but it was always a struggle and if I let up, it was back with a vengeance. And then I used this twice and it's just all gone. I'm going to keep using it for a while to make sure this stuff is killed off completely, but I can already tell I'm not going to have gross lumps of dead skin in my hair ever again. I've had a lot of hair loss the last couple years too, and I have SO much hope that this will help reverse that! I'm still using my nice natural shampoo as my main shampoo. This stuff is kind of harsh. But as medicine it can't be beat and I'm so glad I bought it." —bright shiny things
Get it from Amazon for $13.
10. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealer for anyone searching for an easy-to-apply option that can cover your dark circles, blends well, and stays put even during sweaty days. This concealer really does it all!
Promising review: "Best under-eye concealer ever. I wouldn't go out without applying this concealer. It blends nicely with my foundation and has never caked. The sponge applicator is soft and makes application quick and easy. I will continue to use this product and hope, like many products I've used over the years, that it doesn't get discontinued." —Morty
Get it from Amazon for $7.99 (available in 17 shades).
Check out my colleague's Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Concealer review and learn why it's her favorite.
11. The highly effective Bio-Oil that works wonders to help fade scars (both old and new ones) and moisturize your skin without clogging your pores. It's especially beneficial to anyone who lives in dry climates and needs a hydrating boost for your skin.
Psst! Bio-Oil contains retinol, which accelerates skin turnover but can make you more sensitive to the sun — so don't forget your sunscreen!
Promising review: "Bio-Oil is the BEST skin product on the market. I use it as a twice a day — morning and before I go to bed. Small lines have disappeared. My skin is very smooth and seems to glow. A doctor recommended this to one of my friends who told me about it. I have bought several bottles as gifts. Be patient. It will take a few months for you to see notice the changes. I am 71 years old. No one paid me to write this." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $8.92+ (available in three sizes).
12. An eye primer because you don't want to spend precious time perfecting your eyeshadow just for it to be faded and creased by lunchtime.
Promising review: "So let me start by saying I have used nearly every eyeshadow primer available. From high end to low...they don't hold a candle to Thank Me Later. I have very oily skin. Using this primer, shadow lasts a full eight hours or more. I could get maybe five or six out of the other brands if I was lucky. I got this as a sample in my Ipsy bag, and I had to buy the full-size product straight away! I couldn't be happier with my purchase. Thank you, Elizabeth Mott, for finally making a primer that lasts! I love this stuff!" —Melissa Mae
Get it from Amazon for $13.48.
13. Lip Bar tinted skin conditioner for the most even, dewy, natural-looking make-up look ever. With SPF 11, it'll protect you from the sun as it moisturizes your skin thanks to the hyaluronic acid.
Lip Bar is a Black-owned, woman-owned business and all of its products are vegan and cruelty free (no unnecessary chemicals!!).
Promising review: "I have have only worn foundation on special occasions. I tried this tinted moisturizer and when I got it I tried it out and I was in LOVE!! I have found a simple and natural coverage I have been looking for so long. I don’t feel like I have anything on, it’s not a heavy weight like some foundations give. My skin looks great and the color is a perfect match for my skin tone. I just LOVE IT!" —La H.
Get it from Lip Bar for $17 (available in eight shades).
14. A cruelty-free vitamin C serum designed to brighten up dark spots and help correct pigmentation issues. Reviewers rave about how even their skin looks and how soft their face feels after using the serum for just a few days.
Promising review: "I am 23 years old, a medical student, with very TIRED, acne-prone, and dull skin. I have struggled with acne throughout my entire adolescent and adult life. I have used many products all over the market. The years of heavy chemicals trying to treat my acne has definitely hurt the integrity of my skin. I have had new fine lines, wrinkles, HEAVY bags, and dark circles. I started doing research on skin care and decided to completely re-vamp my beauty routine. If you care about your skin, you should not hesitate in purchasing this serum. My skin is still not perfect. I do have a few blemishes that will pop up, but as for my skin overall... it has helped tremendously. DON'T HESITATE." —Allie Carter
Get it from Amazon for $19.99.
15. A set of flexible curling rods if you love the look that hot rollers give you but hate how bulky and uncomfortable they can be. These are easy to put in, provide long-lasting, bouncy curls, and they're so comfortable, you could even wear them to sleep.
Promising review: "I love these rollers. My hair is very thin and the hot rollers and dryer that I have been using further destroyed my hair. These rollers are easy to use. I put a little water on each section, roll, and usually wait two hours. My curls are great and stay all day." —The Sutherlands
Get 42 rods from Amazon for $12.99.
16. An acne patch to extract all the gunk that sits right under the skin whenever you have a whitehead. Just place one of these on your breakout, leave it on overnight, and you'll wake up to visibly smaller, less red zits.
Promising review: "These are the best. Pop on one of these and your zit heals in half the time. The package has several different sizes so you can use really small ones for average pimples or on small places like the tip of your nose. It also comes with big ones for those zits that look like a light in the middle of your forehead. They’re practically invisible so you can wear them during the day." —Terry L. Burgess
Read our full in-depth review of Avarelle's acne patches that gets into the nitty-gritty — why they work, how to use them, and why 30,000+ people can't stop raving about them.
17. NYX Concealer Color Correcting Palette that'll quickly become the MVP of your makeup bag. Whether you're looking to conceal dark circles, brighten up your complexion or reduce redness, this palette's got you covered.
The palette features six shades which are light and medium (to camouflage spots that aren't too dark), yellow and peach (to conceal dullness and dark circles), green (to cover redness), and purple and pink (to brighten). The concealers have a creamy, hydrating formula. Apply the color that will conceal the spot that you want to cover and then put your foundation on top of it as usual.
Promising review: "I've always used concealers that match the color foundation I use. I decided to try the different color concealers and I'll stick with these. They cover the dark circles and redness with perfection." —Debbie
Get it from Amazon for $9.43 (also available in three additional correcting versions).
18. A pack of bamboo oil-blotting sheets if you tend to catch your forehead looking super shiny by lunchtime. Just gently press one of these sheets on your face a few times, and it'll absorb the oil right up.
Promising review: "I have been searching for something as effective as this for a long time now. I have extremely oily skin. I live in the Caribbean and whether I wear foundation or not, very early in the day my face is covered in oil. Mostly over my T-zone is where I get shiny and oily. So I tried this and it is excellent. It picks up the oil quickly leaving my face naturally matte-like for hours. I am well pleased with the light weight of the sheets, and the pack fits perfectly in my purse or jeans pockets. I have no dislikes. I will stock up on it. Anyone with oily skin will find this as a must have." —Melisa
Get a pack of 100 sheets from Amazon for $6.95+ (available in two styles and multipacks).
19. St. Tropez Bronzing Mousse because no one actually enjoys getting a spray tan (getting naked in front of a literal stranger? No, thanks!), and these deliver you that same gorgeous glow without any of the awkwardness.
Promising review: "It is a little pricey but if you consider how much it is for a spray tan it’s worth it. I would suggest taking a shower and shaving, exfoliating prior to applying the self tanner. Next, apply the self tanner while standing on a towel or in the shower just in case some drips off. I would apply it in front of a mirror to make sure you don’t miss any areas. The product comes out a green/brown tint and is a foamy/liquid consistency which can be off putting initially. But don’t be scared!! It will look amazing. It goes on super easily and evenly. My tan lasted about five days and then started to fade away. I have used this product several times already and absolutely love it!! I will never again get a spray tan." —CFS1985
Get it from Amazon for $35.70.
20. An amazing dark-spot-correcting cream that actually works to help those pesky dark spots caused by acne or sun damage fade in color and prominence.
It's from a cruelty-free, Latina-owned skincare brand!
Promising review: "This spot correcting cream is pure magic! How is it possible that it has helped make my scars disappear?! Scars that even laser treatment could not fade. I have had hyperpigmentation issues on my face and bikini area and this has completely vanished them. My armpits were also darker and this evened out my skin. But the most incredible transformation has been with my dark circles! I cried when I saw how much it had faded after a couple of weeks, to the point that I no longer have to use concealer. This is life changing! I feel so free now not having to worry about having to cover up my dark circles and hide my bikini area when at the beach. I am so grateful for this product!" —Katie
Get it from Skinergy Beauty for $54.99.
21. Glossier's Boy Brow, which is known as a cult favorite beauty product for a reason — it makes your eyebrows look so much fuller and bolder, and it won't get stiff or crusty like other brow products can.
Promising review: "I've been eager to get my hands on this product for months now! Honestly the easiest brow product I've ever used and it's seriously magic. My brows looked instantly fuller! They weren't crusty or stiff and the applicator is amazing! My favorite thing about Boy Brow is the texture, no crusty brows here. This product has changed my entire makeup routine!" —Jordanne
Get it from Glossier for $16 (available in five shades).
Check out BuzzFeed's full review of Glossier's Boy Brow for more deets!
22. Or this eyebrow tint reviewers say is so much more effective at defining and darkening your eyebrows than a pencil or gel is. Plus: the tint lasts for a few weeks, so you won't have to even touch your eyebrows during your day-to-day makeup routine!
Promising review: "Love this product and I use it every three weeks now religiously! I apply it with a little angled eye brush and I started outlining the brow shape I wanted with Vaseline or ChapStick to prevent staining when I first started out. I let it sit about three minutes once I’m done applying to both sides. It starts out dark and then washes lighter after a few days so don’t panic if it’s dark right after. It lasts about three weeks but has lightened a bit by then. I never knew how many eyebrow hairs I had until I used this product! It also helped me even out my eyebrows because they tend to be slightly uneven!" —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $12.95+ (available in four colors).
23. Living Proof Dry Volume Blast if you want to create a blowout look but don't have time to wash, dry, and style your hair. This works very similarly to dry shampoo — just spray at your roots, tousle your hair around, and bam! You've now got gravity-defying hair even Dolly Parton would be proud of.
Promising review: "I’ve been using this religiously for the last five or six years. Especially when my hair was longer, it tended to weigh down my crown, so I’d spray into my roots and instant volume! Unlike dry shampoo, this doesn’t make my hair fall flat or create greasy roots. I use between blow-drying and curling my hair. Or as a second or third-day boost, if needed. It helps to refresh styler hair on those second or third days, with a little going a long way. I also love the smell. Just let the product sit before running your fingers through." —tealnina
Get it from Sephora for $16+ (available in two sizes).
24. A foot file if your heels are starting to resemble the ground of the Sahara Desert. Once you run this file over your feet and let it do its magic, you'll have heels so smooth, it'll feel like you just got a pedicure from a professional.
Promising review: "This baby is seriously sharp and does serious magic to my horrific callouses! I have had foot files and that ridiculous pedi-egg before and they don’t hold a candle to this. So imagine my surprise when this actually works really well! I used it dry out of curiosity since it says wet or dry, and honestly I feel like it works even better dry than wet. I can’t believe how much better my feet look! Sooooo gross to use (it’s basically Mount Everest in foot skin), yet such a satisfying result! My only sad thing is now it hurts to walk on gravel barefoot. Worth it!!" —Eliza
Get it from Amazon for $9.95.
25. A Crest teeth-whitening kit with whitening strips *and* an LED light to help you get pearly whites that stay pearly white for up to 36 months.
You'll get one LED light and 10 strips — they recommend you use this once a day for 60 minutes (the light will automatically turn off).
Promising review: "Like magic. Best teeth whitener I’ve ever used. Could notice a difference after the very first use. It removed all my tea and coffee stains before I made it halfway through the ten days you’re supposed to use it. There’s really no flavor to it. Just watch you don’t get it on your gums too much or let your tongue touch the whitening side. It caused some minor irritation that quickly subsided." —V Palmer
Get it from Amazon for $68.43.
26. A mattifying makeup primer that keeps your makeup looking fresh and crease-free even in the middle of a hot summer day. Gone are the days when your makeup starts melting down your face after five minutes in the sun!
Promising review: "I could go on and on about this magic face sauce, but instead I’m just gonna lead with the pictures from my random sweat test experiment and tell you what you’re seeing. I think it did a GREAT job of soaking up the oil on my nose and forehead, much better than any pressed or loose mattifying powders I use. The (picture on the right) is after I danced Lindy Hop, Shag, AND Balboa (all fairly rigorous dance lexicons in the swing dance family) for three hours in a hot, crowded bar that had to be at least 90 degrees inside. According to my Fakebit, I did 20,000 steps that night so I REALLY put this stuff to the hardest test I could manufacture! It’s lasted for forever, as well, so I definitely think it’s a good deal for the price. It’s small, but you don’t need a lot!" —Queenofthehouse
Get it from Amazon for $22.99.
27. Bread Beauty Supply Elastic Bounce Cream to restore the springiness to your curls, even if you've been struggling with dry, frizzy hair. You'll be amazed at how much definition and texture your locks will have!
Bread Beauty Supply is a Black woman-owned small business that excels in creating haircare for not so basic hair. And they cater for curl types 3a to 4c.
Promising review: "This curl cream is really it. I have tried different ones before but I feel like this one leaves my hair bouncy and moisturized. I really like the smell, too — its so sweet, makes me want to eat it hehe. I like that a little goes a long way and the packaging is really great size so it would last a long time." —Sephora Customer
Get it from Sephora for $28.
28. A jar of O'Keeffe's hand cream formulated to heal even the most dry, cracked skin. Anyone whose hands have literally bled from dryness will jump for joy when they realize how well this works.
Promising review: "Every winter, my fingers and knuckles crack and bleed. I've tried everything on the market to heal my hands. I received this hand cream yesterday and when I put it on, I could tell right away that this was better than anything I'd tried. This stuff started working immediately. I filled all the cuts and cracks on my hands with this cream, and today they are almost healed. I believe that this is the best hand cream ever made on earth." —Steve
Get it from Amazon for $6.98 (also available in packs of 2 and 12).
29. A cult-favorite Aztec Secret Indian healing mask that will trick you into thinking you just got a facial from the spa as it gets deep into your pores and leaves you feeling refreshed. Many reviewers have noticed clearer skin and less breakouts after using this mask regularly.
There is a bit of mixing involved — you'll need to add some apple cider vinegar for it to do its best work. This product is cruelty-free and formulated without additives or fragrances.
Promising review: "I first want to share that I typically don’t share reviews but this product has truly helped clear my skin. My adult acne has been out of control for some time now. I’ve tried everything including hormone therapy which didn’t help. I’ve ended up with a scarred face from so much picking at my acne. I’m sooo amazed by this mask. Yes it dries your face but a good moisturizer does the trick. So thankful for this product. I do masks all the time. Most recent was a black sea mask. It cleaned up my blackheads, but my acne remained. This seems to be doing the trick! Try it out! You won’t regret it." —Danielle Torres
Get it from Amazon for $14.95 (available in two sizes).
Check out more details about this popular clay mask.