37 Of The Best Toys And Gifts For 6-Year-Olds
*Cue happy 6-year-old dance*
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A marble run set which provides endless possibilities to build creative structures — all while developing their problem-solving skills. They'll be ~ah-mazed~ at the results when the marbles roll through the mazes they create.
3. A wooden puzzle equivalent to playing Tetris but in tactile form that'll ~exercise their brain~ without any screen time.
4. A Crayola light board so budding artists can see their imagination come to life just like an immersive Van Gogh exhibit.
5. Or a glow sketch pillowcase that'll actually make the kiddos look forward to bedtime. The only downfall is parents might catch them creating luminescent doodles under the blanket while pretending to be fast asleep.
6. A water bottle decorating kit they can bedazzle to the max with sparkly glitter gem stickers — basically the 6-year-old equivalent to J.Lo’s blinged out Starbucks cup.
7. A National Geographic geodes kit that'll blow any junior geologist's mind and give them an excuse to smash rocks with a hammer.
8. A set of 100% biodegradable water beads that soak up water to magically expand into bouncy jelly-like balls. Parent reviewers have used them for an at-home foot spa and filled balloons, pools and water tables — the squishy fun is endless.
9. An UNO Minecraft card game if you've ever asked yourself "What is the appeal of Minecraft? TBH, this might not answer the question but the combo is sure to be a hit with diehard fans.
10. A pack of velvet scrunchies in a ~a sweet ribbon-tied bag~ that'll add instant glam to any ponytail — and because one can never have too many scrunchies (especially when you can get 60 for under $10).
12. A blob seal pillow that'll stare the whole family down with its grumpy face, making them alternate between fits of giggles and an inexplicable need to cuddle it.
13. A wallet-friendly nerf blaster with more than 20,000 5-star reviews (!!!) perfect for declaring war on the parents or, you know, tormenting siblings...repeatedly.
14. A keepsake jewelry box with a unicorn that spins to the Somewhere Over the Rainbow tune and comes with a necklace and bracelet. It's basically all the precious stuff childhood dreams are made of.
15. Or a dancing unicorn to make all their dreams of owning a magical creature named Sparkles a reality.
16. A personalized critter case to accompany the Curious George in your life on backyard adventures so they can study fascinating critters up-close — before returning them to their natural habitat.
17. A hoverboard with LED lights and bluetooth speakers so they can vibe to their fave tunes while cruising around looking like the ~epitome of coolness.~
18. A glow-in-the-dark fort building kit for stimulating any future architect's imagination so they can engineer igloos, rockets, and castles and then giggle and scoot in their "secret hiding place."
19. A Magna-Tiles set because studies have shown it'll hold any kid's attention wayyyy longer than most toys. JK, but seriously, any parent who has bought this cool building set will attest that it's worth.every.penny.
20. Or a classic game of Jenga — IDK what's more fun, stacking the blocks higher and higher or watching them topple down.
21. A pack of flying rings that'll put old fashioned Frisbees to shame — they're 80% lighter, fly straighter and have a hole in the middle making them easy-to-catch for little hands. (Oh, and they float in water.)
22. A nontoxic, washable makeup kit every future Insta influencer (who keeps getting caught using their parent's expensive makeup) would love to have in their arsenal.
23. A three-in-one 3D illusion night light that'll summon the superpowers of the Earth's mightiest heroes to vanquish any imaginary evil forces lurking in their room.
24. A remote control stunt car that'll zip its way into any thrill seeker's heart with 360 degree spins and ability to maneuver through any situation — carpet, hardwood, grass, dirt or gravel (even obstacles!)
26. An animal card game for a ~wildly fun~ family game night that'll challenge the squad to ask up to 10 questions to guess the animal on the card. Psst, the kiddos will memorize all the fun facts on the cards to win (but, hey who's complaining?)
27. A tortilla blanket perfect for the child with a weird sense of humor who may have outgrown the swaddle but will always say "yes, please" to being wrapped up like a cheesy *human burrito.*
28. Or a snuggly mermaid tale blanket to transport any Ariel-loving kids on your list to a tropical island so they can live out their ~mermazing fantasies.~
29. A unicorn slime kit with over 30,000 5-star reviews (!!!) that prove kids + slime + glitter + beads = win.
31. A DIY rock climbing wall set that'll take playtime ~up a notch~ and challenge the kiddos to get off the couch and scale new heights.
32. A realistic moon lamp that'll emanate a warm, ambient glow to show any kiddo that you love them to ~the moon and back.~
33. A L.O.L. Surprise! set if they eat, sleep and breathe L.O.L. dolls. This one takes the unboxing to the next level because they'll need to dissolve a heart-shaped fizzer in water to reveal a doll, a pet and accessories. *Gasp*
34. Or a Barbie Color Reveal set with 50+ secret surprises including dolls and pets that transform when dipped in water. This is literally the gift that keeps on giving.
35. A Sight Words Bingo game that should be basically mandatory on family game nights because it makes building vocabulary *actually* fun.
36. Or an ingenious trampoline sprinkler hose that'll install in minutes to turn any yard into a ~thrilling waterpark~ — and spare weary adults from having to hold the hose to spray the kids for their entire jumping sesh.
37. The Nugget foam play couch that's equal parts furniture and toy and universally loved by parents for helping them do the bare minimum at playtime (JK). But seriously, the kiddos will not stop building pirate ships, forts, bridges...anytime soon.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.