45 Of The Best Toys And Gifts For 4-Year-Olds
Pooping unicorns, giant bubbles, and a car-eating dino — they'll play with these for hours (when it comes to 4-year-olds, that's a lifetime).
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A flower building activity set — a STEM-based toy (literally and figuratively) to make the imagination of horticultural enthusiasts blossom while creating bouquets and gardens.
2. A Baby Yoda plush doll with big, puppy-dog eyes that'll melt any child's heart and ensure it's taken everywhere. The Force is strong with this one.
3. A marble run set which provides endless possibilities to build creative structures — all while developing their problem-solving skills. They'll be ~ah-mazed~ at the results when the marbles roll through the mazes they create.
4. A wooden puzzle equivalent to playing Tetris but in tactile form that'll ~exercise their brain~ without any screen time.
5. A personalized superhero cape perfect for the spunky little superhero in your life who never ceases to amaze you.
6. A glow-in-the-dark fort building kit for stimulating any future architect's imagination so they can engineer igloos, rockets, and castles and then giggle and scoot in their "secret hiding place."
7. Nontoxic Disney Princess nail polishes perfect for when little divas are in the mood for a mani-pedi day.
8. And, for matching bling, a Disney Princess necklace activity set with more than 30,000 5-star reviews (!!!) that'll make any child feel like true royalty.
9. A rainbow-colored saucer swing guaranteed to add a pop of color to any room and become the kiddo's fave ~hangout~ spot in the playroom or yard.
10. A Hot Wheels garage that can park more than 100 cars and has a racetrack — BUT watch out for the hungry T-Rex looking to devour the cars. Heck yes, adding to cart now.
11. Or a Lego set that'll win you fave status with any dino-lovin' kid, letting them create three different dinosaurs with majorly realistic teeth and claws.
12. A set of Crayola Scribble Scrubbie pets that can be reused over and over again (unlike one and done sets). This will keep budding artists busy coloring the cute pets, scrubbing them, and coloring all over again.
13. A large castle tent with sheer drapes and starry lights for an enchanting hideaway that'll impress even the most hard-to-impress princess on your list.
14. A Lil' Dippers Fish for the kid who has been begging for a fish for months but isn't ready to care for a real one.
15. A foam pogo jumper far safer that the good ol' pogo stick, with a sturdy foam base to stand on, so little hurricanes can burn off their energy hopping from room to room as grownups secretly wait their turn.
16. A child-safe wooden knife for sous chefs who are eager to help in the kitchen. This tool will keep their little fingers protected as they learn all about cooking.
17. A reasonably priced KidKraft dollhouse that combines rainbows, unicorns and mermaids (*gasp*) to give off seriously magical vibes.
18. Or a unicorn slime kit with over 30,000 5-star reviews (!!!) that prove kids + slime + glitter + beads = win.
19. A pooping unicorn Play-Doh ice cream maker perfect for any kid who absolutely delights in toilet humor (isn't that all 4-year-olds?).
20. A Bluey playset that includes the entire family, house, and a BBQ set so kiddos can reenact scenes from their fave TV show. Reviewers say this bundle is great value!
21. A Tutu Du Monde dupe tulle dress with layers of ruffles to give any young royal that luxe look on their birthday without spending nearly $200 for a dress.
22. A Melissa & Doug magnetic calendar to help kiddos keep track of the week, date, weather, and special events. They'll look forward to updating it every morning.
23. A Dyson Ball toy vacuum with ~working suction~ because believe it or not, kids this age actually *enjoy* cleaning the house.
24. An LCD writing tablet that'll encourage little Einsteins to practice their numbers and letters. Added bonus: They might even consider trading their iPad for this cool gadget.
25. A wooden puzzle to take junior space aficionados on a journey to outer space to explore the planets in our solar system.
26. A light-up terrarium kit that involves planting a miniature garden, watering it daily and watching it grow (in just three days!) to help *sprout* a fascination with nature 🌱
27. A National Geographic volcano kit because what kid doesn't ~lava~ watching volcanos erupt? This DIY kit lets junior scientists cast their own volcano, paint it, and then make it erupt!
28. An interactive The Floor is Lava game that'll create a sense of urgency in couch potatoes, leaving them with no choice but to jump to the right foam pieces to pretend to escape the molten hot lava.
29. Or an award-winning game that's a fun twist on Bingo for preschoolers to help build language through matching.
30. A talking microscope for a peek inside nature. It comes with slides that you place under the microscope, then the microscope tells you fact about critters, plants and more!
31. A globe that connects to your tablet or smartphone to take little explorers on virtual trips. Before you know it, they'll be spewing fun facts about this fascinating world we live in.
32. A Paw Patrol lookout tower loaded with ~paw-riffic~ features like a working elevator, zip line, vehicle launcher, lights and sounds to spark hours of imaginative play.
34. A L.O.L. Surprise! set for kiddos who eat, sleep and breathe L.O.L. dolls. This one takes the unboxing to the next level because they'll need to dissolve a heart-shaped fizzer in water to reveal a doll, a pet and accessories.
35. A felt cupcake counting game that'll tempt them into learning numbers by matching the numbers on the cupcake bottoms to the tops. The only downfall is these look so yummy they'll try to sneak a bite.
37. A working vending machine from a YouTube influencer basically every kid is obsessed with. They'll get to feed the coins into the Panda's mouth and it dispenses a snack that holds a surprise. Honestly, I wish I could take credit for inventing this.
38. A construction-themed folding playset that contains kinetic sand, a dump truck toy, and a working crane with wrecking ball and bucket attachments so they can dig, build and crush to their heart's content without making a colossal mess indoors.
39. A matching game that'll get them to put down the iPad and *actually* pay attention — whether they're currently obsessed with Marvel superheroes or Disney princesses.
40. A stomp rocket launcher that'll teach the kids basic physics (without suspecting it!). They'll have such a *blast* as they jump on the launch pad, countdown to lift off, and watch the rockets soar up to 200 feet high.
41. A Melissa & Doug activity book with a pair of safe scissors to channel their (ahem, destructive) energy into a creative activity.
42. The Nugget foam play couch that's equal parts furniture and toy and universally loved by parents for helping them do the bare minimum at playtime (JK). But seriously, the kiddos will not stop building pirate ships, forts, bridges...anytime soon.
43. A Razor scooter that'll appeal to little daredevils who would love nothing more than to zip around the block and show off stunts.
44. A solar-powered Pretend and Play calculator cash register that makes a "cha-ching" noise every time the drawer opens — perfect for pretending to play store and teaching them how to count (without boring them to tears).
45. The Wonderful Things You Will Be, a book that celebrates the *limitless possibilities* for every child that parent reviewers say is nearly impossible to read aloud without getting ~a little choked up.~
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.