41 Of The Best Toys And Gifts For 1-Year-Olds
Their adorable squeals of delight will make these worth every penny.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A three-in-one sprinkler, splash pad, and wading pool that'll not only have munchkins *soaking up* their ABCs and animals but will also make you say, "dang, that toddler's living their best life."
2. A sports center that's a *slam dunk* for MVP toddlers, who will have a blast shooting baskets or goals. Bonus points because the LED scoreboard, gears and buttons teach 50+ songs, sounds and phrases.
3. A three-in-one tent, tunnel and ball pit to transform any home into an ~exciting play zone,~ where little ones can crawl, explore and fling balls (don't ask!) for hours on end, while the grownups kick back with a glass of wine.
4. A 100 Words Book that'll interact with budding scholars and help build their vocabulary in English and Spanish.
5. A personalized wooden name puzzle to add a little dose of cuteness to a toy shelf and help strengthen motor skills at playtime. Win-win.
6. A classic Little Tikes Cozy Coupe that'll become the ride of choice for pint-sized drivers, who will beg to be pushed around the neighborhood ~over and over~ again as they honk the horn excitedly and pretend to put gas in the tank.
7. A musical doll perfect for the Cocomelon-obsessed toddler in your life who would like nothing more than for JJ to become their BFF in real life.
8. A splurge-worthy bumper car that'll make any adult so, so jealous as little Kardashians cruise around the living room looking a bit too smug.
9. A compact Little Tikes slide to ~elevate~ playtime basically anytime, anywhere — in the pool, ball pit, living room or yard.
10. A Little Tikes Spiralin' Seas Water Table for nonstop splish-splashin' fun ~rain or shine.~ Toddlers will love dropping balls down the funnel and watching them tumble down. It has more than 10,000 5-star reviews for a reason!
11. A lightweight plush rocker that'll not only give little dudes and divas ~oodles of joy~ each time they sit on it but will also become the pièce de résistance of a kid's room. Bonus: it comes *fully assembled!*
12. A vibrant stacking toy with a ~spin~ –—literally! Is it splurgy? Yes. Will it keep little ones mesmerized as they drop the discs onto the threaded corkscrew pole and watch them spiral down? Absolutely.
13. An InnyBin for a challenge that any curious tot will relish — to plunk chunky shapes through the elastic bands into the cube and then pull them back out (all while fine-tuning motor skills!)
14. A two-in-one truck and shape sorter that'll add plenty of ~va va vroom vroom~ and learning to playtime.
15. A handcrafted wooden lawnmower push toy with six brightly colored balls that tumble in a sturdy wooden cage when spirited little walkers push it along — whether pretending to vacuum indoors or mow outside.
16. A huggable Gund animated elephant stuffie that'll flap its ears, sing, and play peek-a-boo. *Little ones looking at it with pure adoration in their eyes.*
18. A set of Boon bath pipes to suction to the wall so aspiring engineers can configure all kinds of amazing waterfalls at tub time.
19. A sophisticated wooden piano that plays real music (not annoying kiddie tunes) when mini Mozarts tap on the intuitive keys. It even comes with beginner *sheet music* so future prodigies can gradually learn to play classic melodies.
20. A set of nontoxic, washable Crayola egg-shaped crayons designed to fit tiny hands and to entice little Picassos into doodling their first masterpiece.
21. A beautiful set of stacking cups in earthy, muted tones to inject some ~hygge~ into any home. Plus, they're made in Denmark and are 100% free from BPA, PVC and phthalates.
22. A Dyson Ball toy vacuum with realistic sounds and ~working suction~ that'll make eager little helpers feel so proud to clean the house — just like the grown-ups.
23. A Montessori busy board to provide an alternative to screen time and to keep ~busy little bees~ occupied figuring out the mechanics of zippers, buttons, laces and buckles. It also folds up conveniently with handles — making it easy to carry on the go.
24. A Melissa & Doug geometric wooden stacker so toddlers can learn to successfully stack the shapes on the pegs and get super excited at their own accomplishment.
25. A custom constellation map print to capture the alignment of the stars when the ~little star~ in your life was born. This modern keepsake will not only look stylish on any wall but also celebrate that magical moment in a noncheesy way.
26. A baby shark bath toy that'll sing and swim in the tub to instantly relegate any gift-giver to fave status. (Just be prepared to listen to Baby shark, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo on repeat at bathtime.)
27. A pack of Mega Bloks so rambunctious tykes can have endless fun building towers...and knocking them down. Parents will also have peace of mind knowing they're jumbo sized to reduce the risk of choking.
28. Or a set of large engraved wooden blocks made with 100% natural solid wood and stained with non-toxic water-based paint that'll grow with any child and help teach them their letters, numbers and animals.
29. A musical, light-up whale musical ball popper to ensure a ~whale of a good time.~ Simply press the starfish to see colorful balls shoot out of the spout or watch 'em swirl back down the fishy spiral.
30. An affordable version of the Grimm's wooden rainbow that makes a cheery addition to any toy shelf and lends itself to a ~myriad~ of stacking possibilities.
31. A wallet-friendly wooden play kitchen that'll serve up pretend play opportunities for years to come. Is there anything more adorable than seeing a lil' chef's eyes light up when you say "mmm…yummy" after tasting their *meals*? Bon Appétit!
32. A petite stroller so posh tots can take their doll for a *walk* around the house. It even has a little basket at the bottom to tote tiny treasures. Cuteness overload 💕
33. A Radio Flyer busy buggy that doubles as a push walker to help new walkers build confidence. Before you know it, they will be zooming around like champs.
34. Disney Frozen Elsa's Ice Palace by Little People that sparkles, lights up and sings Let it Go to cast an enchanting spell on younger kids (ages 1–5). They'll literally never want to ~let it go.~
36. A Manhattan Toy book and stuffed animal set to take sleepyheads on a whimsical bedtime adventure with Chomp, a comforting dino buddy.
37. A wooden activity cube that itty-bitty hands will love to tinker with because there's so much to do — move colorful beads through squiggly tracks, open peek-a-boo doors to see friendly animals, and spin the tile rack to practice ABCs!
38. A two-in-one wooden Hape pound and tap bench with a xylophone (that can slide out separately) to combine every toddler's love for pummeling things with music.
39. A classic LeapFrog picnic basket most toddlers find near impossible to resist — whether dunking shapes through the sorter lid, lighting up at the cute songs and phrases, or trying to tote their pretend food around the house.
40. A Lakeshore Learning what’s inside? box for any toddler who won't stop pulling tissues out of boxes. This soft, machine-washable box packed with 10 exciting things (like a crinkly butterfly, a cute lion and more) will invite little hands to reach and find out exactly what’s inside!
41. A play kit subscription that'll take the guesswork out of making playtime enriching for little ones with stage-appropriate, developmental toys that reviewers say are built to last and passed down among siblings.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.