28 Reasons To Worship Louise Brealey, AKA Molly From "Sherlock"
From a love of treehouses to touching Benedict Cumberbatch's armpit hair – Louise Brealey is one awesome lady. Plus, SHE'S MOLLY HOOPER. SPOILERS for series three!
This is Louise Brealey.
But you probably know her as Molly from Sherlock.
Behold the 28 reasons why we should all worship Louise Brealey!
1. She made Steven Moffat break his own rules.
2. She tweets photos of things like baby flying foxes wrapped in blankets.
3. As well as behind-the-scenes Sherlock gems like this – but only when Twitter is on its best behaviour.
4. In addition to being an actor, she's also a journalist and editor.
5. And her journalistic highlights are basically more exciting than anything else you've ever done.
6. Oh, and she's also a playwright!
7. She has the best birthdays.
8. She understands the undeniable power that is Una Stubbs (aka Mrs Hudson).
9. She's a feminist!
10. And a fan of feminist rocks.
"I think Page 3, Nuts and Zoo are bullshit. I don't wax my pubic hair off. I don't think working in a titty bar getting fivers shoved up your bum is empowering. And I'm bored of pictures of women in their smalls on buses with fuck-me mouths."
12. And she loves J-Law. Obvs.
13. She can also preach.
14. She is more than happy to discuss the many times she's touched Benedict Cumberbatch.
15. For example, when she got to slap Benedict right across his beautiful face.
So much slapping.
17. And, most importantly, she discussed THE KISS like a pro.
18. She can refer to Martin Freeman as just "Martin" without sounding like a wanker.
19. But she sometimes "does a Molly" in real life when talking to other celebrities.
20. She wants you to call her "Loo" for short, not "Lou".
21. She knows how to have a good time.
22. She loves all of the best things.
23. Plus, she's always wanted to live in a treehouse. A TREEHOUSE.
24. She's basically a Sherlock fangirl.
25. She's also a Whovian.
26. So she knows good telly when she sees it.
27. She's into campanology – yup, ringing bells. BELLS, GUYS.
"For a couple of years, I was very excited about church. I joined up for the bell-ringing... It's quite exciting because you could be whipped up to the ceiling and have your neck broken."
28. SHE IS MOLLY HOOPER FROM SHERLOCK.
SHE IS MOLLY.
How could anyone else possible compete with that?
Answer: YOU CAN'T. Which is why being her best mate would be the next best thing to actually being her.