36 Best Sentimental Gifts For Valentine's Day
From custom travel pouches to socks with your face on them, here you'll find dozens of unique gifts that will show your special someone just how much you care.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. An adventure map that will make your fellow adventurer reminisce about all your very best trips together. The custom map can feature five cities, your names, and a special date.
2. A Homesick Candle to pay homage to your Valentine's hometown, where they lived in college, or any other place that became their home at one point or another. Each candle is designed to last for 60 to 80 hours and comes in a glass jar the size of a soda can.
3. A personalized jewelry dish so your Valentine always knows just how much you care. The ceramic dish is a great place to store rings, necklaces, and earrings.
4. A long-distance, touch bracelet set to physically show your Valentine that you're there — even if you're states away. The connected bracelets sync together and to an app. When you touch one, the other will vibrate. Neat, right?
5. A Night Sky Map so your Valentine can always remember the way the stars looked on a special night between the two of you. The map is customized based on location and date and can be personalized with a special message.
6. A custom portrait mug for the coffee-loving Valentine. Not only can you transform your favorite photo together into a piece of art that they'll want to use every day, but you can get it printed with a personal message (in your own handwriting), too.
7. A custom bar necklace that can be engraved with the coordinates of a special memory between you and your Valentine. Whether it's the place you met, became friends, started dating, got engaged, or tied the knot, it's sure to be a memorable gift.
8. A sterling silver monogram necklace because initials never go out of style. Whether you want to commemorate your family's initials or your Valentine's personal initials, it's sure to be a sentimental gift met with swoons.
9. A tiny-but-meaningful corked jar that will remind your Valentine of a special moment between the two of you. The map in the bottle can be personalized to whatever place you'd like.
10. A hidden message ring so your Valentine always has a sentimental note to reassure themselves with. You can have the ring engraved with any message of your choosing so long as it's 20 characters or less.
11. A personalized cutting board for anyone who loves to cook. The high-quality bamboo board can be engraved with whatever you like.
12. A fill-in-the-blank book where you can tell your Valentine exactly how you feel about them. Whether you're shopping for a sweet sentiment for your partner, bestie, sister, brother, mom, dad, or anyone else, there's a fill-in-the-blank book for you.
13. A hidden message necklace so your Valentine will be the only one to see your sweet note. This pull-out necklace can be engraved with names, dates, places — whatever you choose to commemorate!
14. A Lake & Skye rollerball fragrance of the brand's signature 11:11 scent that will remind your Valentine to never stop wishing. The unisex fragrance is fresh and inspired by the teachings of Kundalini yoga. As someone who swears by the scent, I can attest just how much your Valentine will dig this roll-on — I know my sister did!
15. An engraved cookbook stand to remind your Valentine of all the special memories of the two of you in the kitchen. Whether it's for your mom, grandma, or partner, this stand will let you not only highlight a memorable recipe, but your (or their) handwriting, as well.
16. A dainty envelope necklace to engrave with a thoughtful message for your Valentine. You can even choose between different materials to commemorate specific anniversaries: first-anniversary paper, third-anniversary cork leather, fifth-anniversary wood, or eighth-anniversary bronze.
17. A West & Willow pet portrait that will probably make your Valentine tear up. The high-quality prints are created based of a picture you send in. Take it from someone who has one hanging on their wall, you simply can't go wrong if you're gifting a fur mama or papa this Valentine's Day.
18. A copy of Untamed by Glennon Doyle to inspire the person you love to trust and believe in themself. Elizabeth Gilbert, the author of City of Girls and Eat Pray Love says that the book will "liberate women — emotionally, spiritually, and physically."
19. A mindful breathing necklace that anyone with anxiety will be incredibly thankful for. The sleek design paired with the undeniable utility will make your Valentine feel seen.
20. An incredibly unique bracelet that any baseball lover will get all the feels for. That's because these bracelets are made with actual threads from game-used baseballs from all the top teams. Told you in was a winner!
21. A custom PopGrip to not only give your Valentine a better grip on their phone, but to remind them of a special moment between the two of you, too. You can upload any photo onto the grip—whether it's where you met, a memorable trip, your dream destination, or anything else.
22. A Morse Code bracelet so you can share a special message with your Valentine and your Valentine only. While you can absolutely pick from a selection of words, opting for a custom saying is that much more special.
23. A personalized year ring to commemorate a special year in your Valentine's life. Whether they're your partner, your parent, your sibling, or friend, this ring is a glitzy way to add a little sentiment to the Hallmark holiday.
24. A hidden message necklace that's beloved by thousands of Etsy shoppers. The minimalist circle necklace is engraved on the inside so only the wearer can look down and see it.
25. A custom photo blanket so your Valentine can snuggle up with you close by, even if you're far away. Another option is to get the blanket made with photos from trips you've been on together so that it can wrap you up in reminiscing memories.
26. A "Mama" hair clip for the new mother in your life. The hinged barrette is designed to work well with all hair types, making it a shoo-in for mamas of all kinds.
27. A customized photo charm that's great for anyone who wears chain necklaces or Pandora bracelets. The sterling silver charm can be created with the photo of your choice, whether you want to give your Valentine a picture of yourself, your dog, your child, or another important memento between the two of you.
28. A braided bracelet to give your Valentine a minimalist piece of jewelry they're willing to wear. It comes with personalized sterling silver charms that can be engraved with names of kids, pets, dates, or places that hold sentimental worth.
29. A personalized wallet so they'll think about you every time they go to cash out. This leather wallet is especially great for folks who don't rock jewelry still would be warmed by a sentimental gift.
30. A pair of custom face socks that are bound to make your Valentine bust out laughing. Whether you cover them with your face, the face of their celebrity crush, your pup, or anyone else you deem fit, they'll want to wear them every day (so, really, you might want to buy two pairs).
31. An adorable bottle of matches to make your Valentine swoon. The mini corked jar comes filled with two heart-tipped matches that are attached at the tip and say "The Perfect Match."
32. A personalized storybook that will make your little Valentine feel so very important. You can customize the book with their name so that the entire story is about them.
33. A New York Times front page puzzle for the NYT lover. The best part is that, apart from being a puzzle of their favorite paper, you can actually choose for it to be from a specific date, so you can tie it to a major life event between the two of you.
34. A personalized record to commemorate you and your Valentine's love. You can put all your most memorable songs on the wall hanging, making it a great gift for the sentimental music lover in your life.
35. A custom print that illustrates where you and your Valentine's paths first crossed. The black-and-white photo depicts a street sign that can pass as a real place, so it will be a special sentimental secret between you and your love.
36. A custom birthstone ring so you can show your Valentine that your love is infinite. The infinity design can be customized with two birthstones and features a line of cubic zirconia crystals between them. What's more, it can be engraved on the inside and outside, if you so choose.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.