12. Get together some friends and old sheets and be a museum:
The nice thing about modern art is that it doesn’t matter if your painting skills are lacking. Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories is responsible for this costume, which seems like it would be even more fun to make than to wear.
13. Also in the realm of art, you could always be Magritte’s famous “Son of Man” painting:
Wear a suit, borrow a bowler hat from that guy you hang out with even though he owns a bowler hat, and tie a fake plastic apple to the brim (a real apple is too heavy and won’t hang properly).
20. Be a cardboard box crocodile:
Again, this will impair your range of motion and also probably your vision, but we all have to make sacrifices sometimes. Get the instructions from Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories. Warning: this costume is also not likely to hold up in rain.
- Trump's pick for education secretary, Betsy DeVos, could face a contentious confirmation hearing — at least by standards of the position.
- Prime Minister Theresa May's Brexit: no single market, parliamentary vote on the final deal, and a warning to the EU not to punish the UK.
- At least 40 Democratic lawmakers are boycotting Donald Trump's inauguration after the president-elect criticized civil rights leader John Lewis.
- Most hate crimes go unreported. Help BuzzFeed News and other news outlets document hate crimes and harassment in the US.