3. (SPOILER!) It was Ryan’s idea to open the stomach of his character’s dead mother in Only God Forgives.
Director Nicholas Winding Refn asked him if he’d rather smile or cry after his character’s mother had died. He replied that he’d (wait for it…) open her uterus to see what’s inside.
9. Director Derek Cianfrance shot 22 takes of Gosling performing a stunt of speeding the motorcycle past the intersection before 36 cars crash. For each take, Ryan chewed his shirt in nervousness until there was a hole in it.
20. Rachel McAdams came to visit then boyfriend Ryan on set of The Half Nelson, and because they were running low on extras, she volunteered herself for a bar scene.
Unfortunately, her scene never made it into the final cut of the film.
21. Ryan doesn’t believe in muscles. After working out religiously for his part in Crazy, Stupid, Love he told Extra: “That was a lot of work. It’s such a waste of time. It takes so much time to make muscles and then they don’t really do anything.”
Except make us swoon?
All facts via IMDB.
- From water jugs and dehydrated food, to faraday cages and unregistered vehicles, liberals are prepping for Trump's presidency.
- Federal agencies have put on a fireworks finale for the Obama administration, suing JP Morgan, Oracle, Fiat Chrysler, and Navient.
- Former Georgia Gov. Sonny Perdue will be nominated as Trump's secretary of agriculture, the final cabinet position to be selected.
- Been wondering why your friends now look like weird glamorous cartoons? This Chinese selfie app is why. Say cheese 📸