33 Products You'll Thank Yourself At The End Of The Year For Buying Now
A silk-lined hat, produce extender, a windshield cover, and more useful products you'll use many times over the next three months.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A PhoneSoap UV sanitizer built specifically with UV-C bulbs to kill 99.99% of the bacteria and germs on your phone in as little as 10 minutes. And with the winter months on the horizon, you're going to want to keep your phone as clean as you possibly can.
2. A microwave s'mores maker so you can make the delicious treat as often as you like — no fire required. There's nothing stopping you from making a s'more on a random Tuesday night just because you want it. And just knowing that fact will make you so happy for a long time.
3. An AeroGarden so you can grow your own herbs (and even veggies) at home, no matter if you live in an apartment without any outdoor space. It may take a little time for your plant babies to grow, but when they do, you'll feel like a real chef when you add your homegrown basil to your recipe.
4. A pair of Sorel winter boots worth the splurge because when winter hits and that first big snowstorm rolls through, you'll be so thankful that you've got a great pair of boots to keep your feet warm and get you where you need to go.
5. A detangling brush reviewers (more than 32,000 actually) swear works magic on all hair types (including 2c–4c), detangling easily without pulling or damaging the hair. And when you get caught in a bad windstorm as the seasons change, this brush will be your hair's savior.
6. A lap desk for anyone who doesn't have room for a desk and has been working from a couch or bed for far too long. This one basically has all the cool features — a built-in mouse and wrist pad as well as a phone and tablet holder. Plus, you'll be able to get all your Christmas shopping done using it. (Yes, Christmas is right around the corner.)
7. An air fryer that once you try, you'll wonder how you've lived so long without it in your life. Not only can it "fry" french fries, meat, or veggies, but it can also heat up leftovers in minutes — leaving them just as crispy as when you first ate them. Just think about how delicious those Thanksgiving leftovers are going to taste.
8. Olaplex No. 3 hair perfector, which is worth the investment (especially for anyone with broken, damaged hair) because it works to repair your hair from within by repairing the bonds. Your hair is going to look so great in your New Year's Eve photo dump.
9. Sticky Stake insect traps you can place in your plants to attract flies, gnats, midges, and other insects and keep them from flying around your house. When you have people over around the holidays, your home will feel so much nicer without all the little bugs around.
10. A bookmark book tracker so you can actually keep track of not only where you are in your current read but also how many books you've finished in the last few months of the year. If you haven't even gotten close to your reading goal, this is your sign that it's time to get reading.
11. A Bluapple produce extender that works for three months to keep your produce from wilting when you look away for one second. Now, you'll actually be able to enjoy all the fresh produce you bought with your hard-earned money. And you won't need to buy a new one until the new year rolls around when you realize you can't live without it.
12. A false eyelash applicator reviewers swear is so easy to use, even for beginners. Applying false lashes should not be a difficult task, and yet it somehow is? Well, here's your solution that you'll be so thankful for when every holiday party and celebration sneaks up on you.
13. A Thaw Claw designed to defrost meat seven times faster. All you have to do is suction it to your sink, fill the sink with water, and then put the frozen food under the claw. It will be defrosted in no time — and you'll never have to scrap your dinner plans because you forgot to take the chicken out of the freezer last night...
14. A Squatty Potty specifically designed to adjust your position so you can go number two more easily and live a life without bloating or constipation backing you up.
15. Foaming tablets you can use weekly on your garbage disposal to stop any build-up or odors from coming out of your sink. Nobody wants to deal with that grossness!
16. A knit satin-lined winter beanie to not only keep your head warm this fall and winter but also protect your hair from damage and moisture loss. Say goodbye to hat hair. That will not be a problem anymore. 🙌
17. A windshield cover designed to protect your car from both ice and snow so you can leave in the morning and not have to spend extra time clearing your windshield before you hit the road.
18. A Paw Plunger paw cleaner, because during the fall and winter season there are so many things that can cause your pup to come inside with dirty paws. But with this handy mug, all you have to do is fill it with water, and the soft bristles inside will clean those paws in seconds.
19. Some reusable heel inserts because it is almost the year 2022 (😱), and we are saying a big N-O to getting blisters while wearing shoes. These fit right into the heel and make sure your favorite cute flats are actually comfortable enough to walk in for longer than 10 minutes.
20. A nail-strengthening cream made with hydrogenated jojoba oil, vitamins, and calcium to prevent splits, chips, peels, and cracks and give your nails new life as the new year rolls around. There's no reason you can't start your New Year's resolution for nicer nails right now.
21. A skyline mini wallet emergency kit filled with so many practical items you may need throughout the day (i.e. Tylenol, a hair tie, etc.) but that's small enough to fit in a bag, meaning you can keep it with you at all times and grab it whenever you need it.
22. A wireless charger because I can't be the only one who has forgotten to actually plug my phone in when I try to charge it. All you have to do is set your phone on it and sleep peacefully knowing you'll wake up with a phone completely charged!
23. A Revlon One-Stop Hair Dryer & Volumizer — you'll be ~blown~ away by the results because it will make it super easy to get a salon-worthy blowout at home while also cutting down on the time it takes to do your hair. And that, my friends, is something you'll be thankful for all year long.
24. An acupressure anti-nausea wristband to make nausea and motion or morning sickness disappear so you can go on with your day without feeling awful and fighting the urge to throw up.
25. A pack of food spikes made with all the nutrients your plants need for up to two months. This means you won't have to worry about yet *another* plant dying before the year ends.
26. A jar of O'Keeffe's Working Hands cream that'll work wonders on your dry, cracked hands because winter always wreaks absolute HAVOC on them.
27. A rapid egg cooker you can use to make hard-, medium-, or soft-boiled eggs in a matter of minutes. So goodbye to not knowing what you're going to eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner this week, next week, and the week after that.
28. AirFly, a wireless transmitter that'll connect your AirPods (or any other wireless headphones) to the headphone jack on the flight so you can enjoy all the free entertainment without being forced to bring two sets of headphones or use the crappy ones they have the AUDACITY to charge for on some flights.
29. Elizavecca's CER-100 Collagen Coating Hair Protein treatment made with soy protein, allantoin, and ceramide 3; it works like a mask to revive your dry hair and give it the boost it needs to get through the fall and winter months.
30. A Wi-Fi extender capable of strengthening your Wi-Fi in all areas of your home so you aren't restricted in the areas of your home where you can browse and stream. This little device will help make your Wi-Fi work for you (instead of calling the company and complaining...again).
31. A grease bag with the ability to hold up to 32 ounces (so it will last for months) so you have a place to pour the extra grease from your pan instead of "accidentally" pouring it down the drain and hoping for the best. 😬 Plus, the packaging is compostable, so you can just throw it in the trash when it's full.
32. A tgin Miracle hair mask here to help rescue your natural heat-damaged hair, as it's made with raw honey to moisturize and olive and jojoba oils to nourish hair with vitamins that increase strength and decrease breakage. And with the dry winter months on the horizon, both you and your hair will be so thankful for this treatment.
33. And a champagne stopper you're going to find so much use for during the holiday season because you don't have to feel pressured to finish the bottle of champagne in one day. This little tool reseals it, so it stays fresh and bubbly for longer.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.