2. Lorne Michaels once offered The Beatles $3,000 to reunite on the show. John and Paul were watching and considered hopping in a cab from The Dakota building* on 72nd St, but were “too tired.”
*smg009 thank you!
4. Bill Murray got into a physical altercation with Chevy Chase minutes before Chevy delivered his opening monologue
Chevy Chase is a well documented dick.
5. Larry David once quit the show because his sketches weren’t being used, only to return the next morning as though nothing happened
It was the inspiration for the “Seinfeld” episode “The Revenge.”
7. Johnny Knoxville turned down an opportunity to join the cast in 1995. Five years prior to “Jackass”
8. Steve Carell and his wife Nancy Walls both auditioned for the show in 1995
9. Carell was beat out by SNL-legend Will Ferrell
13. Former cast member Rob Riggle is a Lt. Colonel in the USMC Reserves
14. Chris Parnell is the only cast member to be fired twice
16. Larry the Lobster on “Spongebob Squarepants” is rumored to have gotten his name from an Eddie Murphy sketch.
17. Bob Odenkirk (aka Saul Goodman from “Breaking Bad”) created Chris Farley’s motivational speaker character Matt Foley.
18. In 1975 Candice Bergen hosted the lowest rated episode in the show’s history.
19. Louis C.K. auditioned, and failed to make the cast in 1993.
24. Matt LeBlanc is the only cast member of “Friends” to never host SNL
25. Cypress Hill was banned from the show for smoking weed during their live performance
26. Steven Seagal was banned for being an asshole to the cast and crew
27. G.E. Smith (aka the mid-90s band leader with awesome hair) was the guitarist for Hall and Oates
28. The inventor of the internet’s daughter, Kristin Gore, wrote for the show…
31. …where she met her husband, Michael Schur (aka the creator of “Parks and Recreation”)
32. The show had to drop* it’s “live” label in favor of a 7-second delay for unpredicable hosts, Richard Pryor and Andrew Dice Clay
33. The worst SNL-inspired film, “It’s Pat,” made only $60,822 worldwide
34. The show’s first-ever cancellation was due to the famous 1986 World Series game when the New York Mets beat the Boston Red Sox due to Bill Buckner’s error
Mets pitcher, Ron Darling, apologized to SNL audience the next week.
35. Dane Cook auditioned in 2002, but lost out to Will Forte
36. Kel Mitchell auditioned in 2004, but lost out to his “Goodburger” co-star Kenan Thompson
- The gun allegedly used by an undocumented immigrant to shoot and kill a woman on a San Francisco pier last week may have been stolen from a federal agent.
- Fox has secured the rights to make a movie about the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on marriage equality.
- Subway has suspended Jared Fogle, the weight-loss guy from their commercials, due to an FBI investigation.