Check out all the best of 2013
1. The discovery that there is a walnut that looks like Chewbacca.
2. The fact this happened on Countdown.
5. The penis-shaped church that someone spotted on Google Maps.
6. These movie posters improved by sloths.
7. The weird pixel glitch that gave Nigel Farage a Hitler ‘stache on BBC News.
Which ran and ran, and yet somehow never stopped being funny.
10. The sight of Game of Thrones’ Robb Stark on the Tube.
11. (Though Jay Z and Chris Martin commuting to their gig at the O2 was pretty special too.)
15. The discovery that Terry Pratchett wears this T-shirt to conventions.
17. Benedict Cumberbatch’s message for the paparazzi.
22. These kids who dressed up as Breaking Bad’s Walt and Jesse for Halloween.
26. The guy who trolled Brighton with a series of fake planning notices.
28. When this golf club’s wartime rules — possibly the most British thing ever — went viral.
30. This Thor pun, which Charmin tweeted then deleted.
31. The Simpsons obsessive who actually built the Homer car.
34. These kitchen items, which only make sense after about five seconds of looking at them.
35. The phenomenon of mascots observing minute’s silences at football matches.
36. When the royal baby became a meme.
38. The realisation that David Cameron looks like a cardboard box…
40. That bats turned upside down look like they’re having an awesome dance party…
Luke Lewis is the Executive Editor of BuzzFeed UK and is based in London.
Here Are The Top Stories
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.
- Red Bull apologized for posting a video of people in blackface chasing a banana.
- An Ohio man is suspected of fatally shooting his neighbor in the face before running her over with a lawn mower.