1. So. There’s a church in Dixon, Illinois that looks like a penis when seen from above. It’s on Google Maps.
2. But some people were sceptical. The Cockchurch doesn’t appear on Apple Maps, Bing Maps or even Google Streetview.
Was it actually real, or just some weird phallic glitch in Google’s aerial imagery?
3. But it is real! It’s just still under construction. Redditor g2g079 went round and took some pictures.
4. It’s being built by the Christian Science Society of Dixon. They’ve got pictures of the construction work on their Facebook page.
This shot shows the view from the balls, gazing along the shaft.
5. And they seem to be taking the discovery that their new spiritual centre is a willy in good humour.
Well done, the Dixon Christian Science Society. Good work all round.
- The Dutch Safety Board has released a final report of its investigation into why Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17 broke up over Ukraine in 2014. ›
- Condé Nast has acquired Pitchfork, the independent music website and magazine, for an undisclosed amount.
- Iran's parliament approved a deal on its nuclear program, which was agreed to in July following lengthy talks between six world powers. ›