1. The selfie at your dad’s inauguration.
So far, the actual Malia and Sasha Obama selfie has not gone public. :(
2. The Geraldo Rivera shirtless mirror selfie.
(Rivera soon deleted the pic and blamed it on drunk tweeting.)
3. And later, the Geraldo-Anthony Weiner selfie.
4. The “we are super rad and at an awards show” selfie.
Tom Hanks and Steve Martin take an onstage selfie at the 2013 Governors Awards.
6. The most dangerous selfie of all time.
Tampa Bay Rays reporter Kelly Nash took this at the Astros-Red Sox game in Boston in April, not realizing there was a baseball whizzing at her head.
7. The selfie with Beyoncé at a Beyoncé show.
(Sadly, this was not actually a photobomb.)
9. The #StarbucksDrakeHands selfie.
The story: A guy went up to a girl at Starbucks in Los Angeles and started hitting on her. She reluctantly gave him her number. Later that day, she received this video, which launched the very important 2013 meme #StarbucksDrakeHands.
10. The world famous selfie with Pope Francis.
11. The entire selfie catalog of the best Instagram user, @mrpimpgoodgame.
Now a legend.
12. The Hillary and Chelsea Clinton selfie.
13. The “so worth it” selfie.
Three girls from Omaha, Neb., ran on field during the final game of the College World Series and were captured by security, but not before taking this priceless piece of evidence.
14. The “I’m in motherf-ing SPACE!!” selfie.
17. The “sparrow face” selfie.
Hatched in Japan, the “sparrow face” is 2013’s answer to the duck face. Look for more of it in 2014.
18. The couple who took selfies at every subway station in Manhattan.
20. The sleeping Justin Bieber selfie video:
Some internet sleuthes claim she’s a Brazilian prostitute.
21. The “Vanilla Ice taking a selfie with Insane Clown Posse” selfie.
22. Rihanna’s illegal slow loris selfie in Thailand.
After RiRi posted the photo, authorities tracked down the loris’ owners in Phuket and confiscated their two lorises.