1. Flower crowns are so much more versatile than mouse ears. ~ and better looking too. Lessee do I want to wear fresh blossoms or rodent ears…
2. The Renaissance Faire is an even more magical place to visit. ~ And the magic people will play with you too…even if you AREN’T a child.
3. There are REAL fairies. Yes, and they will talk to you, play with you, sing to you and make you laugh.
4. There’s even a human-sized chess board, JUST LIKE IN HARRY POTTER AND THE SORCERER’S STONE. Only you may get to participate or at least call suggestions.
5. The food is far, far superior.
6. There are camel rides. How can you beat camel rides? Elephant rides, pony rides, giant swings, spinning bucket rides, carriage rides, rikshaw rides. Need I go on?
7. Forget Space Mountain, you don’t have to wait in any long lines for rides and games. Well, maybe a short wait but maybe a minstrel will stroll by and sing to you while you wait your turn or maybe a fairy will wink at you or you’ll see a troll out for a stroll.
8. The costumes, food, and music make for a wonderfully romantic atmosphere. And you can wear costumes too and they don’t even have to be Renfaire related. Even the Enterprise crew on the holodeck are welcome!
9. Kids have an even better time at Ren Faire. So do parents.
10. But there’s also more than enough adult fun to be had. Yeah—but you might not want the kids to see THAT part of the faire.
11. You get to see beautiful wildlife, up-close and personal. Sometimes you can even hold or pet it—but you always can take a picture with it.
12. Renaissance Faire costumes are much more interesting than the same old Disney costumes we’ve already seen. Did I mention that you are welcome to wear costumes too? Not only will they not mind, they’ll love to see what you did!
13. THERE’S AN ACTUAL JOUSTING TOURNAMENT. Full contact. Real jousting. Uh, yes, that’s real blood too.
14. And once you see the joust, you’ll agree: Renaissance Faire Knights > Disney Princes. Faire Knights are sexy. And they WILL kiss you.
15. And swashbuckling, sword-wielding women > Disney Princesses. So do the belly dancers, the serving wenches, the kissing wenches, the wench wenches…
16. Queen Elizabeth chooses to hang out at Ren Faire every year, so the experience is literally fit for a queen. So does Henry VIII and we all know what a hearty partier he was!
17. But the best part of Ren Faire is that there’s something for everyone, even if you’re a Disney Princess. Or even if you’re not.