Response to Rare Behind-The-Scenes Photos Of The Live-Action Inspiration For Disney’s “Sleeping Beauty”:
I don’t accept Angelina Jolie’s interpretation (awesome wings notwithstanding). There is only ONE Maleficent and she is terrifying!
Response to 12 Agonizing Short Girl Problems:
My 5/10” best GF always rubs my face in it. One time we were going around the side of her house and she ducks down to walk under the window a/c, misses and bangs her head on it hard enough to raise a big lump. After swearing rather colorfully for a moment she called back to me to watch out for it. Then she turned around and sees me standing comfortably UNDER it with a big grin on my face.
Am I the only one who found the idea of an ancient immortal lusting after a barely pubescent girl more than a little ooky? Not that I wasn’t affected by it, mind you… …or hadn’t had similar feelings about literary characters when I was her age… …or anything.
1. Flower crowns are so much more versatile than mouse ears. ~ and better looking too. Lessee do I want to wear fresh blossoms or rodent ears…
2. The Renaissance Faire is an even more magical place to visit. ~ And the magic people will play with you too…even if you AREN’T a child.
3. There are REAL fairies. Yes, and they will talk to you, play with you, sing to you and make you laugh.
4. There’s even a human-sized chess board, JUST LIKE IN HARRY POTTER AND THE SORCERER’S STONE. Only you may get to participate or at least call suggestions.
5. The food is far, far superior.
6. There are camel rides. How can you beat camel rides? Elephant rides, pony rides, giant swings, spinning bucket rides, carriage rides, rikshaw rides. Need I go on?
7. Forget Space Mountain, you don’t have to wait in any long lines for rides and games. Well, maybe a short wait but maybe a minstrel will stroll by and sing to you while you wait your turn or maybe a fairy will wink at you or you’ll see a troll out for a stroll.
8. The costumes, food, and music make for a wonderfully romantic atmosphere. And you can wear costumes too and they don’t even have to be Renfaire related. Even the Enterprise crew on the holodeck are welcome!
9. Kids have an even better time at Ren Faire. So do parents.
10. But there’s also more than enough adult fun to be had. Yeah—but you might not want the kids to see THAT part of the faire.
11. You get to see beautiful wildlife, up-close and personal. Sometimes you can even hold or pet it—but you always can take a picture with it.
12. Renaissance Faire costumes are much more interesting than the same old Disney costumes we’ve already seen. Did I mention that you are welcome to wear costumes too? Not only will they not mind, they’ll love to see what you did!
13. THERE’S AN ACTUAL JOUSTING TOURNAMENT. Full contact. Real jousting. Uh, yes, that’s real blood too.
14. And once you see the joust, you’ll agree: Renaissance Faire Knights > Disney Princes. Faire Knights are sexy. And they WILL kiss you.
15. And swashbuckling, sword-wielding women > Disney Princesses. So do the belly dancers, the serving wenches, the kissing wenches, the wench wenches…
16. Queen Elizabeth chooses to hang out at Ren Faire every year, so the experience is literally fit for a queen. So does Henry VIII and we all know what a hearty partier he was!
17. But the best part of Ren Faire is that there’s something for everyone, even if you’re a Disney Princess. Or even if you’re not.
Response to 14 Reasons You Wish You Had A Maker:
The best maker of all was Godric, but Eric would do because Godric taught him how to be a GOOD maker.
Response to How Much Of A Hippie Are You?:
I didn’t do hippie in the 60s so I’m doing it now.
Response to 27 Undeniable Signs You Were A Dance Kid:
*sigh* Once a dance kid, ALWAYS a dance kid. Why do I say that? Because I was a dance kid from From age 4 through 12—1952 to 1960! (to save you the math—I’m 65!) True, a lot of products weren’t available (Gel toe protectors? We used lamb’s wool!) and sequins never appeared on my recital tutus. It stays with you forever. But even today people comment how graceful my hands are… I still toe-out when I walk… without trying I can still hear “five, six, seven, EIGHT! RELEVE’”.. practicing moves at odd times, in odd places; recognizing Swan Lake on sight … tinkly piano runs… and dreaming how dance FEELS…they NEVER go away. Never.
Very poor article. Weakly written and badly researched. You left out a lot of better candidates. In addition to Cleopatra, the last pharoh of the Egyptian empire, what about Queen Hatshepsut who ruled centuries earlier? How could you leave out Catherine the Great? Elinor of Aquitane? Dido of Carthage? Elizabeth I of England? Instead you included Elisabeth Bathory who WASN’T EVEN A QUEEN, the Amazons who are a fictional race who NEVER EXISTED, Gozen who was a samurai—not a royal!
Response to The Disney Prince Hotness Ranking:
Yer nuts. Useless, unattractive, stupid Naveen at #3? Yep. Yer nuts. To be sexy you have to have brains and this lump doesn’t. If Tiana hadn’t been there he’d’ve ended up some crow’s dinner. Give me independent, smart, brave Philip overadozen Naveens. What self-respecting princess wouldn’t wantasword wielding hero willing to take onadragon andaforest of thorns just for her?