Recently, we asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to show us their most "niche" Halloween costumes that no one understood, and they surely delivered!!! So without further ado, here are the best Halloween costumes that required further explanation:
1. "Since I was a broke college student, this was the best I could do. When asked what I was, I’d put a hand on their shoulder, look them in the eye, and say, 'I’m all ears.' Those who got it loved it."
2. "Larry David Rose, aka Larry David's head on David Rose's (from Schitt's Creek) body."
3. "I was the ship that got stuck in the Suez Canal. It had been too long since it happened, so no one got it!"
(This thing, in case you forgot.)
4. "It made me sad that no one knew I was Melon Collie.'"
5. "Not me, but I dressed my son as Ace Ventura, Pet Detective, and almost no one got it. Everyone just thought he was a cute little girl, but the few who knew who he was thought it was great."
6. "We were that meme of the dog on fire with the caption, 'This is fine, everything is fine.' Everyone just thought we were bears…"
7. "There was that time I ruled the party as the Queen of Spades — 'spade' is a kind of digging tool — not 'that girl in a tiara with shovels on her boobs.'"
8. "This was a last-minute work-party Halloween costume. I had 20 minutes to find something in my closet, so I was 'a galaxy far, far away.' I even worked with a bunch of Star Wars fans, and no one got it."
9. "A spice rack."
10. "Ruth Bader Sins-burg. The bloody knife says, 'I dissent.'"
11. "I tried to elevate the basic black cat costume, so I went as a 'recently spayed cat.'"
12. "Ice Ice Baby — we thought it was an easy one!"
13. 'I (on the right) went as Babe-raham Lincoln and confused the hell outta everyone."
14. "We were Sgt. Pepper and Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds."
15. "I was Jack from Titanic a week after it sank. The red heart on my lapel blinked all night long because 'My Heart Will Go On.'"
16. "Global warming."
17. And finally: "I was a potato."
Note: Some submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.