36 Cleaning Products That Seem Too Good To Be True — But Actually Work
They really do work, we're serious.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Dishwasher cleaning tablets so the machine you rely on to clean the things you use to eat isn't gunking them up even more.
2. And while you're at it, you'll want to add this pack of washing machine cleaning tablets to your cart as well!
3. Water bottle cleaning tablets to get your beloved drinking bottle back to the condition it was in when you first fell in love with it at the store. I, for one, don't feel like taking a brush and soap and scrubbing away, and I'm going to make a fair assumption that you don't want to either.
4. A bathroom cleaner for tackling soap scum, stains, and other bathroom messes featuring a plant-based ingredient list you'll feel good about.
5. A pack of furniture touch-up sticks you'll wish existed back when you were a little one, because maybe then your parents would have THANKED YOU instead of grounding you for drawing on household furniture. 🤷
6. A carpet cleaning solution for those whose home deserves a million-dollar-looking floor... for under $20 that is.
7. An all-purpose car cleaner that'll have the inside of your car looking as the good as the day it looked the day it first left the factory — no matter how many years ago that may have been.
8. A universal cleaning gel perfect for getting rid of dust, hairs, crumbs, and more from things like technology items and your car. It's like playing with slime WHILE cleaning, so it's a win/win.
10. A wood polish and conditioner for bringing your precious wooden furniture back to factory condition. Did you just get your house redone by an HGTV crew, or are you just super good at picking out cleaning products?
11. A power scrubbing cleaning kit you can attach to your drill and get to work in making your living space look brand freakin' new.
12. Bar Keepers Friend soft cleanser to help you get a bunch of surfaces and objects in your home looking as good, if not better, than the day you purchased them.
13. And of course a pack of Bar Keepers Friend Classic Cleanser and Polish. This amazing stuff should be a cleaning staple in every home because there isn't anything it can't handle.
14. A makeup brush cleansing shampoo to clean those things you use to apply cosmetics to your precious FACE. Because makeup build-up is yucky, and we don't want you to have spend money on new brushes and sponges!
15. A pet hair roller because everything about our little fluffy friends is absolutely perfect except for the fact that their fur and hair gets on everything we own. But we still love them, right?
16. A pumice cleaning stone to scratch away at those — TBH, pretty repulsive — toilet stains without leaving horrid scratch marks in the bowl.
17. A natural, all-purpose cleaner featuring a list of just five readable ingredients you'll be glad to use for your cleaning needs. Also, it'll leave your home smelling super yummy!
18. A carpet spot remover spray to clean stains so fast and easy, Stanley Steemer is going to start plugging YOUR phone number in their catchy jingles.
19. A jewelry cleaning pen so you can give your precious gems a quick swipe of a pen to get them looking brand-new.
20. A suede brush cleaner that'll stop you from having to spend your money on bringing your dirty suede shoes to get repaired, or worse... REPLACED.
21. A hard water boosting powder to give your kitchenware a tougher clean than just detergent alone will give. Plus, it leaves behind a fresh lemon scent, and personally, I'm a sucker for anything lemon-scented.
22. A cooktop cleaning kit because look: you're using the thing to make your meals, so naturally it's going to get dirty. Sometimes things fall out of the pot, sometimes things splatter from the pan, and sometimes burns happen because you're too busy dancing to the Jonas Brothers and forgot about your pasta... Not speaking from personal experience!
23. A pet hair removal broom and squeegee that'll help you get rid of the furry mess your pet leaves behind. It might not be visible to the naked eye, but you just KNOW it's living in your carpet... and TBH... it's quite gross.
24. A jetted bathtub cleaner — just fill up your luxurious bath, add a quarter of the bottle, watch it work its magic by removing gross residue, and drain the tub to find it sparkly and clean.
25. A pack of nontoxic toilet bars you simply drop into the bowl, let it dissolve, give it a quick scrub with a brush, and there ya go! All done cleaning your toilet! Ahhh!
26. Or perhaps these toilet tabs that work similarly to the toilet bars above, and come in a variety of awesome scents like lavender, peppermint, lemongrass, citrus, and more!
27. A watermark remover cloth that'll get rid of those annoying ringlet stains on your furniture — you warned your family to use a coaster but, of course, they didn't listen!
28. A wine stain remover so you can sit back, relax, and ENJOY your red wine without having any fear whatsoever about what might happen if a spill occurs.
29. A garbage disposal foaming cleaner that'll tackle built-up grime and those nasty smells you gag at every time you're near your kitchen sink. It's truly so...disgusting.
30. A blind cleaner tool for getting dust and other gross particles off a spot you may normally forget to clean.
31. A rust stain remover spray that'll be no match on even the toughest of rust stains. Sorry rust, you will be missed — NOT.
32. An Angry Mama microwave cleaner to get mad at you like a mother would, because how in the heck did you let your microwave get to this point? But hey, she's a mama, and in the end she's gonna clean up the mess you made because she loves you too much to let you do it all on your own.
33. A FlexiSnake so you can unclog your hair-filled drain by simply ~snaking~ this tool down there, letting it grab the hair, pulling it back up, and deciding whether you should be marveled at its abilities or gag.
34. Or a TubShroom that'll collect your hair while in the shower/bath, so it doesn't go down the drain and clog it in the first place.
35. Lifting pads you can just press down into rug stains — ya know, things from pets, spilled drinks, blood, dirt, and more — keep it there for up to 24 hours, and say adios stains!
36. A roll of reusable bamboo towels that are not only easy to use, because ya know, towels are a pretty self-explanatory, but they are environmentally-friendly AND will also save you money in the long run!
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.