1. A Millennium Falcon waffle maker to help you make the most delicious breakfast in the galaxy. Pair with a glass of blue milk for a balanced breakfast.
2. A sushi-making kit if you're bored of all of your go-to recipes and want to try making your own favorite rolls at home. This set comes with all the tools you'll need to get started, and even beginner reviewers say they've had success just starting out.
4. A crab-shaped spoon holder that will keep drips from getting on your counter *and* look like it's doing a victorious little dance at the same time. Just two reasons to smash "add to cart" as fast as humanly possible.
5. A grape slicer for any parents out there who can't bear the thought of cutting one. more. grape. This gadget will be your BFF when your kiddo needs a healthy snack and fast.
6. An OXO salad and herb spinner to help you quickly wash and dry greens, sure — but the true purpose of this spinner is watching your food go for a little carousel ride. Weeee!
7. A mandolin so you can slice all your veggies nice and thin without having to get a doctorate in kitchen knife skills. These make ridiculously quick work of prep, and the julienne attachment will make you feel like a real pro!
8. A pancake batter mixer and dispenser whose blender ball allows you to simply add the wet and dry ingredients to the bottle, shake it up, and get pouring. And with the bottle's narrow tip, you can let your creative genius shine at the flattop — Mickey Mouse pancakes coming right up!
9. Silicone baking mats to avoid having to break out the elbow grease to clean your baking sheets ever again. I highly recommend Silpat brand mats, as they're sturdy, easy to clean, and are super nonstick.
10. A Crock-Pot, because the verdict is in: Slow-cooked foods are the best foods, full stop. Having this handy pot basically, cook your food for you while you go about your day leisurely can feel like the ultimate luxury.
11. A Cuisinart cast iron grill press so crafting the perfect smash burger at home is easy-peasy every time. Your friends are gonna be so stoked when you have them over for your homemade Shake Shack party.
12. A rapid egg cooker that makes six easy-to-peel hard-, medium-, or soft-boiled eggs in mere minutes. It can also make individual omelets, two poached eggs, and scrambled eggs with included simple attachments. This isn't a personal chef, but it is a personal egg chef, which might be even cooler.
Promising review: "I am not a fan of 'extra gadgets' in the kitchen. They clutter things up as far as I am concerned. But this truly is a game changer for my hard-boiled eggs. I have tried EVERY method in the book for hard boiling. This cooks them perfectly — no gray rings. They peel with no struggles at all! The only drawback is that you can only do six at a time, but it goes so quickly that I don't even mind that all. Easy to use, easy to clean. You won't be disappointed in this gadget — it does what it is meant to do perfectly! —Sarah Z
Get it from Amazon for $16.99+ (available in seven colors).
Read one BuzzFeed writer's full review of the Dash rapid egg cooker.
14. A Joule sous-vide cooker so you can get your steak, chicken, and pork to the *perfect* temperature while keeping it as juicy as possible. It's a meal and a little science experiment in one!
15. A set of glass spice jars with labels for anyone whose favorite kind of kitchen is an organized one. Always knowing exactly which spice jar to reach for is one of those little things that can make cooking a whole lot better.
16. A rhinoceros blade sharpener, because slicing and dicing with a dull knife is the wooorst. This little guy will make sharpening your knives much less or a chore, which in turn will make cooking all the better.
17. A trio of Sichuan sauces and spices by Fly by Jing so you can give any meal the perfect pick me up with just a drizzle. I've tried this set and adore it — the chili crisp is pleasantly numbing and tingly, the Zhong sauce strikes a perfect sweet-yet-savory balance, and the mala spice mix adds a tasty flourish to veggies, meat, and basically anything.
18. A bamboo cutting board with an extra deep juice groove so your countertops don't get sticky and messy, even while carving a watermelon. It also features a unique phone slot so you can have the recipe you're following at attention...or watch Love Island while cooking, that also works.
19. A patchwork oven mitt–slash–hand puppet that is equally useful and entertaining (though somewhat terrifying). Your roommates will either love or hate your impromptu cooking puppet shows, and there's only one way to find out which reaction you'll get.
20. A linen towel (or two...or five) so you always have something on-hand to clean up messes while ditching paper towels. I always like to cook with a towel slung over my shoulder so I can dry my hands, grab hot handles, or quickly wipe up any spills, and investing in some nice ones will just feel nice.
21. A veggie chopper, slicer, and spiralizer, because if chopping is the part of cooking you dread the most, it's totally fine to call a helpful little gadget in to assist.
The slicer comes with a small-dice blade, large-dice blade, spiral blade, and ribbon blade that are interchangeable and gives you the option to chop, slice, and julienne vegetables. It also comes with a lid and a storage container.
Promising review: "I’ve had this for a couple of months now, and it makes my life SOOOOO much easier. Anything I’ve thrown at it, it’s sliced with ease. Tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, onions, celery, carrots...EASY! I even use to chop the eggs when I make potato salad now since it’s so easy and makes perfect slices.
"What used to take me three to four mins chopping up an onion and then a face full of ruined makeup, now takes less than one minute and no makeup ruined. The blades are SHARP, definitely be careful when removing them. But the lock on the tray makes it easy and so far I haven’t hurt myself with it. Typically, I’ll use it and then rinse out the top and put it in the dishwasher. It’s been through on the top rack well over 20 times now and still looks brand new. If something ever happens to this one, I’ll be back to get another one. It saves me so much time when cooking dinner!" —Macygrey09
Get it from Amazon for $29.98.
22. A set of two Staub ceramic baking dishes for all of your traybake, casserole, and roasting needs. Love a vessel that cooks cinnamon rolls and a whole chicken to equal perfection — and listen cooking in dishes that are pretty is just more fun.
23. A safety stool so your little one can ~step-up~ as your sous chef and help you out in the kitchen. Turning cooking into a family activity will be a hoot and provide some learning opportunities, too!
24. A vampire-shaped garlic press that's scarily cute and functional. If the hassle (and lingering smell) of crushing garlic by hand has been preventing you from adding as much garlic as you want to your cooking, consider this your fanged solution.
25. A set of tongs to serve as another, unbelievably heat-resistant set of hands while you're sautéing your heart out or flipping a sizzling steak. Plus, they're colorful so they'll be an oh-so-cute addition to your kitchen.
26. A Food52 four-piece baking set, because whipping up a baked good quickly after work or leisurely over the weekend is even more blissful when you have *just* the right tools. And beautiful, dishwasher-safe tools to boot!
The set comes with a bench scraper, two offset spatulas, and a pastry brush.
I've never been anything less than floored by products from Food52's brand Five Two (lookin' at you, silicone lid set), and this baking set is no exception. I've been a hobbyist baker for a while, so this isn't my first rodeo when it comes to testing baking tools, but these are each the Cadillac of their own tool category, and all for a wildly good price, if you ask me.
All of the tools feature silicone handles, so your hands won't slip and slide around even if they're covered in egg wash or butter (mmmmm butter). The offset spatulas are the perfect sizes for tasks large and small, and the ruler on the bench scraper is *chef's kiss* perfection. I reach for the brush, yes, for baking, but also any other kitchen tasks that require one. I've literally used this brush on chicken on the grill and it has survived.
These tools are workhorses. Some of the sturdiest I've ever used. Food52 easily could have made these ugly as sin and still had the best products on the market. But they made them absolutely gorgeous to boot! Even after relatively heavy use, the blue silicone looks clean and the gold accents look bright and shiny as ever. And that's after many a run through the dishwasher, because OH YEAH, they're dishwasher safe, too. Food52 you've done it again!
Get it from Food52 for $49.