2. But rather by this hero, who is recovering from mid-season heart surgery.
How can you not root for John Fox? He missed four games this season after undergoing open-heart surgery to replace his aortic valve and now that he’s recovered he’s pursuing his first Super Bowl title as head coach. But that doesn’t make him a hero. What makes him a hero is that in 2012 he won a playoff game WITH TIM TEBOW AT QUARTERBACK.
5. Because Wes Welker redeemed himself from having been a hatable Patriot by getting his legs eaten by Komodo dragons.
8. Because of Jack Fucking Del Rio.
He did a fine job leading the Broncos as interim head coach while Fox recovered from surgery. And his hair can turn water into wine.
9. Because their most controversial player, Von Miller, won’t even step on the field during the playoffs.
Miller is one of the best pass rushers in the NFL, but violated the league’s substance abuse policy in the offseason, which resulted in a four-game suspension. His suspension was upped to six games when news surfaced that he tried to cheat the drug test. But then he tore his ACL and is out for the year.
14. And enjoys playing elaborate pranks on his teammates.
Peyton sent handsome wide receiver Eric Decker a fake invoice from their off-season work outs at Duke.
15. Because Champ Bailey deserves a Super Bowl ring.
Bailey is arguably the best defensive player currently playing in the NFL without a Super Bowl ring, and it’s hard to think of someone deserves it more than the 13-time Pro Bowler.
17. But they realized their mistake and took care of that problem REAL QUICK.
CORRECTION: An earlier version of this post stated that Von Miller violated the NFL’s performance enhancing drug policy. Miller was suspended for violating the league’s substance abuse policy.
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classics including "Twister" and "Titanic."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — it's been reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲