1. Any time Bob Kraft mentioned “The Patriots Way.”
The classiest organization in sports. They’re great judges of character. They do everything right. Winning isn’t the most important thing to the Patriots — it’s all about sportsmanship and building a better community.
2. Every time their best player was “the NFL rulebook.”
If you’re a defensive player you can’t come within 15 yards of the quarterback’s legs because Tom Brady once hurt his knee. Oh yeah, remember the “Tuck Rule”? Well, that no longer exists, but only after the Patriots won a Super Bowl because of it.
3. When they cheated.
They secretly videotaped opponents’ practices. The Patriots were fined $250,000 and lost one first-round draft pick, while Belichick himself was $500,000. This is something that happened. But you’ll almost never see a pundit or writer mention “cheating” as a reason the team is so perennially successful.
4. When they acted like they knew something no one else did and signed Tim Tebow.
5. When Tom Brady smirked in this picture with Adriana Lima, who is his wife’s co-worker.
Show some respect, Brady.
6. When Tommy Tissues cried about slipping in the draft.
You’re considered one of the greatest quarterbacks in NFL history. You have won three Super Bowls and played in five. You are married to the richest underwear model that has ever walked the face of the earth. You have a house with a moat. No one feels bad for you.
7. When he managed to get away with all these hairstyles unscathed.
10. When he wore this:
11. When he said this:
12. When Bob Kraft accused Vladimir Putin of stealing his Super Bowl ring.
13. When Bob Kraft goes out with his actress girlfriend.
Ricki Noel Lander’s “acting” credits include “Flight Attendant” in Iron Man and “Model” in the TV show Ugly Betty.
15. When Wes Welker made a bunch of smart-ass foot references to make fun of Rex Ryan.
This is America, and if Rex Ryan wants to make foot fetish videos, he damn well ought to be able to do it without taking any guff from some smart-ass slot receiver.
16. When Bill Belichick just couldn’t believe the call didn’t go his way.
DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?
19. When Bill Belichick shook hands like this:
Eric Mangini was a defensive coordinator for the Patriots under Belichick and the whistle-blower in the “Spygate” debacle. So it’s understandable that there are hard feelings between the two. However, it’s not that hard to shake someone’s hand.
23. When they joked about Red Sox players being short.
They have two World Series titles since your last Super Bowl win, guys. What have you done for Boston lately?
28. When Tom Brady appeared in this Uggs commercial and gave a man slippers.
29. When this asshole wore his rings out on the town.
I’m convinced Getty edited his middle finger out of this photo.
CORRECTION: The Patriots franchise was only fined $250,000 and forfeited one first-round draft pick for their involvement in “Spygate,” while Bill Belichick was was also fined $500,000 — the NFL maximum.
- 200 million women and girls have undergone genital mutilation, UNICEF data says. But the practice's prevalence is down.
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders debated head-to-head over who was a true "progressive." 🇺🇸
- Do you know what happened in the news this week? Time to take our quiz.