1. Broncos kicker Matt Prater now sits atop the record book after he launched a 64-yard field goal today in Denver, besting the record set by Jason Elam, Tom Dempsey, David Akers, and Sebastian Janikowski by 1 yard.
2. Here’s the kick a split-second before Prater let it fly.
4. The direction was never in doubt. Distance was the only question mark.
5. And boy, was it close.
6. And how do you celebrate an all-time record field goal? However you damn well please.
7. Here’s how Prater’s historic kick went down, including all the reaction and replays:
8. This 19-yard field goal that Prater converted afterwards was probably just a little bit easier.
- The man accused in Friday's Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado made his first court appearance. Charges are expected to be formally filed on Dec. 9. ›
- Cyber Monday 2015 could be the biggest online sales day in history, according to data from Adobe. Shoppers are on track to spend nearly $3 billion 💳📲
- And there's a hilarious new rap meme of Pope Francis, thanks to a photo taken over the weekend of him giving his blessing 🙏🎤 ›