1. Broncos kicker Matt Prater now sits atop the record book after he launched a 64-yard field goal today in Denver, besting the record set by Jason Elam, Tom Dempsey, David Akers, and Sebastian Janikowski by 1 yard.
2. Here’s the kick a split-second before Prater let it fly.
Justin Edmonds / Getty
4. The direction was never in doubt. Distance was the only question mark.
5. And boy, was it close.
6. And how do you celebrate an all-time record field goal? However you damn well please.
7. Here’s how Prater’s historic kick went down, including all the reaction and replays:
8. This 19-yard field goal that Prater converted afterwards was probably just a little bit easier.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Greece will decide on Sunday whether they will accept austerity measures as a condition of a bailout that may stave off an imminent financial and economic crisis.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️