1. Broncos kicker Matt Prater now sits atop the record book after he launched a 64-yard field goal today in Denver, besting the record set by Jason Elam, Tom Dempsey, David Akers, and Sebastian Janikowski by 1 yard.
2. Here’s the kick a split-second before Prater let it fly.
Justin Edmonds / Getty
4. The direction was never in doubt. Distance was the only question mark.
5. And boy, was it close.
6. And how do you celebrate an all-time record field goal? However you damn well please.
7. Here’s how Prater’s historic kick went down, including all the reaction and replays:
8. This 19-yard field goal that Prater converted afterwards was probably just a little bit easier.
Here Are Today's Top Stories
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Thai police arrested a man alleged to have explosives in his possession, almost two weeks after a deadly bomb blast in Bangkok killed 20 people. ›
- A Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy was ambushed Friday night when a man walked up and repeatedly shot him from behind. ›