33 Beauty Products With Results That Prove It's Worth Paying A Little Extra For The Good Stuff
It's hard to argue with the results these products will get you.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A vegan exfoliating body scrub to slough away the rough bumps on the back of your arms and legs (keratosis pilaris is its name but you may have heard it called "strawberry skin" or "chicken skin") with a combination of powerful alpha-hydroxy acids.
2. A box of pore-tightening, skin-lifting face masks that'll truly terrify you, first because you'll look like a zombie once you've applied it, and second because it's so darn effective at reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
Promising review: "I wasn't a fan of this mask when I first tried it (I found it a little irritating and it didn't seem to make much of a difference). Then I used it multiple times a week, and I noticed a huge difference. My friends and family noticed it, too. My skin has a more even tone, the wrinkles around my eyes aren't as noticeable, and it really eliminated clogged pores and breakouts. I've never tried Hanacure, but I think this mask is great." —SpruceMoose
Get a box of eight masks from Amazon for $30.92.
3. A hardworking Boscia exfoliating gel cleanser for — clears throat — removing dead skin cells from the surface of your face with its exfoliating molecules (you can literally see "beads" of dead skin), penetrating deeply with AHAs (alpha hydroxy acids) to purify your pores and stimulate collagen production, and firming and brightening your skin with pomegranate enzymes.
4. A lightweight moisturizer because it provides a barrier between your precious skin and all the nasties, like pollution and stressors. Sunflower seed oil, vitamins E and B5, and more nourishing ingredients help the skin retain moisture, improve softness, fade hyperpigmentation, brighten, and gently exfoliate.
5. A Briogeo exfoliating shampoo if you need help preventing flakes and buildup. It penetrates deeply, lifting dead skin and leftover products. Plus, the cooling formula soothes itching with a combination of anti-fungal oils, as well as moisturizing coconut oil that prevents future flakes.
6. A color-depositing conditioner so you can skip the hassle and mess of at-home box dyes or the hefty price tag of a salon visit. Each time you wash your hair using this conditioner, the color will become more vibrant.
7. A powerful benzoyl peroxide body wash to tackle buttne, backne, and cystic breakouts. Benzoyl peroxide is an antimicrobial agent that targets the bacteria on your skin that causes acne and also helps clear out your pores.
8. A skin spatula that'll help remove blackheads and de-gunk pores using high frequency vibrations. This can also help your skincare absorb better since your pores won't be blocked with debris.
9. A Foreo Luna Mini 2 for gently exfoliating your skin without leaving it red, raw, or tight. You can wave goodbye to dead skin cells clogging your pores! 👋
10. A Chi automatic curling iron, because you deserve perfect curls in mere minutes. All you do is insert your hair into the chamber and the curler will automatically wrap it around the heated rod. Then, just wait until it beeps to let you know that the curl has set. The best part: the barrel protects your fingers from getting burned.
11. Octocurl, a no-heat hair curler if you want to achieve beautiful loose curls, spirals, twist outs, or beachy waves overnight. Just set your hair, go to sleep, and wake up to results!
Promising review: "This product was very easy to use and my hair actually curled! My hair is naturally very straight and fine, and I am allergic to most hair products so I try and avoid using any. I ran a wet hair brush through my hair to dampen, rolled each hair strand around two of the vertical strips, rolled up, and used the provided hair ties to tie each strand up. The next morning I ran my fingers through my hair and I was done! It is fast, easy and the final result exceeded my expectations." —Verona B.
Get it from Amazon for $27.99+ (available in three styles and ten colors).
12. A First Aid Beauty cream so your dry, itchy skin is soothed with a mixture of colloidal oatmeal, shea butter, allantoin.
13. A powerful glycolic acid peel to help improve texture, reduce fine lines, and soften skin. Glycolic acid helps sort of unglue skin cells, so the softer, brighter layer underneath can emerge. But it can be a bit irritating to your skin so start slowly — especially because this peel also contains retinol, a collagen-boosting ingredient that can make your skin more sensitive.
14. A thighs and buttne acne treatment that'll deliver relief from ingrown hairs and painful red bumps.
15. A box of Crest 3D whitening strips for lightening your smile and removing up to 14 years of teeth stains sans the exorbitant dentist bill.
16. A Dr. Jart color-correcting treatment because it neutralizes redness while simultaneously protecting your skin from the sun's damaging rays. This color-changing cream goes from green to beige and absorbs into the skin flawlessly; in fact, some reviewers wear it in place of foundation when they need light coverage.
17. Or a calming cream if your complexion is often red and splotchy. This soothing formula contains centella asiatica — also called "tiger grass" — which calms redness and irritation.
18. An InStyler hot brush so folks with thick, coily hair don't have to spend forever straightening their hair. The paddle offers more surface area for your strands, meaning it needs fewer passes to straighten.
19. Or a Revlon hot air brush to help you go from wet, tangled, frizzy hair to a shiny, salon-worthy blowout in minutes. FYI this is the hot air brush that all the influencers you follow on IG are raving about because it is just 👏 that 👏 good 👏.
20. A Paula's Choice liquid exfoliant that'll resurface the skin, brighten hyperpigmentation and acne scars, clear pores, and improve skin texture. If you're just dipping your toes in the chemical exfoliant pool (first of all, welcome!!), start by applying this every other day or a few times a week to build up a tolerance and not irritate your skin.
Promising review: "Love this product. Have already purchased it twice. I could actually see improvement in the size of my pores, redness around my nose and dullness. Mind you, I do follow a very strict skincare routine, but I think that I will stick to this product for a while. I use a cleaner, toner, then this Paula product, followed by my nighttime serum and my vitamin A (retinol) cream for face and the neck, and décolletage cream as well. My husband has noticed the improvement as well. If you are hesitant, you can always try buying the traveling size bottle as well. That's what I did and then I got hooked. Get it! It won't disappoint!" —Felicitas Martinez
Get it from Amazon for $10+ (available in three sizes).
21. A purifying serum for anyone with blemish-prone skin. It contains niacinamide (also called vitamin B3), a superstar ingredient that protects against moisture loss, tightens pores, and reduces discoloration.
22. A vegan and cruelty-free pH-balanced oil to foam cleanser because it cleans your face — like really cleans it — without leaving it feeling tight and stripped. It's made with vitamin B5, chinaberry extract, and olive oil.
23. An Oribe texturizing spray if you want va-va-voom volume without that annoying white residue. Say hello to new heights and grease absorption that'll make your third-day hair look fresh.
24. A bottle of azelaic acid so you can add a new skincare ingredient to your vocabulary *and* reap its benefits. It can help prevent pimples and blackheads from forming because it increases the speed of cell renewal — which has the added benefit of correcting dark spots. And, it helps kill the bacteria that causes rosacea and acne, so consider it a win-win.
25. A pore-cleansing oil to wash away thick makeup, oil, dirt, debris, and whatever other ickiness has settled on your face after a long day.
26. A Dyson hair dryer may make you tear up a little bit when you look at the price tag — but it'll also make you shed happy tears when it gives you the salon-worthy blowout of your dreams in a fraction of the time it takes to dry your hair with your current hair dryer. Not only does it dry hair faster, but it also helps define curls, reduces frizz, adds shine and smoothness, and even protects against extreme heat damage. Who'd a thunk it? A genius, that's who!
27. A wave spray because it creates the perfect beachy waves — but minus the sand, sweat, and screaming seagulls. Its weightless formula uses rice protein to produce some hold in your hair so everyone on your Zoom call can enjoy your effortlessly tousled curls.
28. A lash serum if you want the look of lash extensions without the triple-digit price tag. This miracle in a bottle is stuffed with amino acids, peptides, and vitamins that may make your lashes look longer and thicker.
29. A corded epilator so you can enjoy smoother, hair-free legs and armpits for longer than you would if you shaved.
30. A potent matrixyl 3000 serum (ooooh fancy!) to hydrate, repair damage, boost collagen production, improve skin texture, firm, and even out pigmentation.
31. A bottle of Olaplex No. 3, a splurge-worthy repairing treatment that'll revive your dry, damaged, colored hair. As someone who spends four-plus hours bleaching my hair every six to eight weeks, I can 100% vouch for this miracle in a bottle
32. A leave-in balm for telling frizz and dryness to take a hike, depositing lasting hydration in its lightweight formula that keeps hair smooth and shiny.
33. A vitamin C serum because it'll help you say ~c~ you later to hyperpigmentation. It also contains vitamin E and ferulic acid (both have antioxidant properties), and hyaluronic acid (works to plump and hydrate).
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.