1. Because 2014 was the year of RESURRECTION.
Pour one out for Madison Montgomery.
2. And we were truly blessed with ~sexy hair ruffles~ everywhere.
3. We got Tom playing Loki playing Captain America that was then used as a reference for Chris playing Loki playing Cap.
4. The new Doctor Who was a breath of fresh air.
5. We bore witness to a LOT of Matthew Lewis, poster man of puberty 2k14.
6. The Veronica Mars movie finally gave us the emotional resolution we deserved and needed.
7. Tom Hiddleston + Shakespeare + HD = V A P O R S
From Coriolanus staged by the Donmar Warehouse.
8. Because we reconnected with formerly dead supersoldier buddies.
9. And 2014 was the year we fell in love with the cosmos all over again.
10. EVEN THE PRESIDENT WAS ON THAT ISH.
11. Because holy fucking shit Dylan O'Brien.
12. We got the best crossover fanfic from Nicole Beharie.
I would kill to see this.
13. And Stephen Colbert is the only person we were happy to hear Hail Hydra from.
14. Mark Ruffalo got on social media which is just the gift that keeps on giving.
15. Seriously let's just call it the year of Mark Ruffalo and move on.
16. Because Hannibal fans learned that Winston was not an isolated incident.
17. BECAUSE MOTHERFUCKING HOUSE MARTELL.
18. And Orphan Black threw the best party of the year.
19. Because Quicksilver.
20. The Fantastic Four finally got interesting.
21. And Andrew Garfield seduced us with his dulcet tones.
22. 2014 was the year Nintendo showed up to win.
23. (Metaphorically of course.)
24. We fell more deeply in love with McFassy falling in love.
25. And Thranduil still reigned as Party King 2k14.
26. We got our first look at the DC Trinity.
27. BECAUSE THIS WAS THE HUG TO END ALL FUCKING HUGS.
If you tell me you didn't cry over this you're a dirty liar.
28. Tyler Posey + The Ellen Show = No Mercy
The thirst is just so fucking real.
29. Because we started to see the type of diversity in comics that we deserve and need.
30. (Also in movies.)
Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Wonder Woman solo movies are all headed our way. Plus shout out to Agent Carter on ABC in January!
31. Chris Pratt french braided his way into our hearts.
32. And while Star-Lord was the snarky space outlaw of our dreams...
...the person we really fell for is this little guy.
WE ARE GROOT.
33. Because even though The Fault In Our Stars made us totally lose our shit, the internet really did make it all better.
34. Because Dan Rad shut it the fuck down.
35. Dwayne. The Rock. Johnson.
36. Because the Age of Ultron trailer was literally life giving.
Let's just pretend it never got sad, hahahaha it's fine, it's gonna be totally fine. Also shout out to Clint Barton's mystery farm on which he presumably drinks a lot and runs around with Pizza Dog.