Have you ever seen those videos where people with microphones ask Americans to answer basic geography trivia questions, and most people completely fail?
If you've ever watched one and thought to yourself, "I could do better than that!" — then now is your chance to prove it! We've collected over 100 geography trivia questions for you to prove your intellectual worth to friends, family, and whoever else might be attending your next trivia night. Good luck!
1. Which African country is famous for being home to the Great Pyramid of Giza and the Sphinx?
9. Which river is often called the "Father of Waters" and is the longest river in North America?
11. In which state can you find the Grand Canyon?
16. In which ocean is the Bermuda Triangle located?
18. How many people live in New Zealand?
20. What is the capital of Senegal?
21. What is the highest point on Earth?
22. Which ocean is between North America and Africa?
23. Which river flows from Minneapolis to Memphis to New Orleans?
24. How many countries are in North America?
(Besides Canada, the United States, and Mexico, North America also includes all the sovereign states in the Caribbean and Central America.)
25. What country lies roughly 90 miles southeast of Florida?
26. What is a flat, elevated landform that rises sharply above adjacent land on at least one side?
27. What's the correct postal abbreviation for Mississippi?
28. Where is Guyana?
29. What mountain range is along the east side of the United States?
30. What's the capital of Tennessee?
31. Where is Malta?
32. What's the capital of Spain?
33. What country is this a photo of?
34. What state sits between California and Washington?
35. Which state was not one of the 13 original colonies?
36. What is this site called?
37. Which city has the second largest population?
(Delhi is the world's second most highly populated city, beaten only by Tokyo.)
38. What kind of map uses contour lines to connect points of equal elevation?
39. What's the capital of New Hampshire?
40. The prime meridian is the line at 0º longitude or 0º latitude?
41. What's the capital of the United Kingdom?
42. Where is Moldova?
43. What's the capital of Pennsylvania?
44. What's the capital of Canada?
45. Where are these cliffs located?
46. Which lake is not one of the Great Lakes: Superior, Huron, or Champlain?
47. What's the capital of Italy?
48. Where is Chile?
50. What measures distance north or south of the equator?
51. Where is Mongolia?
52. What's the capital of France:?
53. What country is this monument located in: Switzerland, Norway, or Spain?
54. What's the capital of Ireland?
56. What's the capital of Greece: Athens, Larissa, or Patras?
57. Where is Indonesia?
58. What's the capital of Germany?
59. Where can you find this capital city?
60. What's the capital of Russia?
61. What is the name of this famous clock tower: Big Ben, Tom Tower, or Trafalgar Tower?
62. What's the capital of Romania?
63. What's the capital of Portugal?
64. Where can you find these marvelous fields: Bangladesh, Austria, or Vietnam?
66. What country is this lake in: Canada, Finland, or Iceland?
67. What's the capital of Sweden?
68. What's the capital of Belgium?
69. What is this structure called: Burj Khalifa, Taj Mahal, or Humayun's Tomb?
70. What's the capital of Poland?
71. What's the capital of the Netherlands?
72. What country should you visit to see this: Morocco, Bangladesh, or United Arab Emirates?
73. Which Canadian province is the smallest?
Prince Edward Island
74. Where are the Maldives?
75. Where is Chad?
76. What's the capital of Denmark?
77. Where is Mexico: North America, Europe, or South America?
78. What's the capital of Lithuania?
79. What's the capital of Hungary?
80. What is this: the Parthenon, Taj Mahal, or Colosseum?
81. What is the longest river in the world?
82. Where can you find these caves: Chile, Greece, or Thailand?
83. What's the capital of Switzerland?
84. What's the capital of Iceland?
85. Where can you visit this cathedral: Russia, Germany, or Spain?
86. Which city is the capital of Australia?
87. Where is Croatia: South America, Africa, or Europe?
88. What country is this an image of: France, the Netherlands, or Portugal?
89. Australia is surrounded by all of the following bodies of water except the Timor Sea, Indian Ocean, or Philippine Sea?
90. What are these called: Alexandrian Pyramids, Tomb of Tutankhamun, or Pyramids of Giza?
91. What's the capital of Slovakia?
92. What is the currency in India?
93. Where are these towers located: Malaysia, Singapore, or South Africa?
94. What's the capital of Albania?
95. The Hoover Dam was built over which river: the Mississippi River, Colorado River, or Phoenix River?
96. What's the capital of Paraguay?
97. Where is this located: Japan, Myanmar, or Belize?
98. What's the capital of Norway?
99. Where can you go to see this castle: Scotland, Romania, or Tanzania?
100. What's the capital of Ukraine?
101. What's the capital of Colombia?
102. What country is this monument located in: Switzerland, Norway, or Albania?
103. What's the capital of Czechia?
104. What's the capital of Luxembourg?
105. What is this landmark called: the Great Barricade, Great Wall of China, or Retaining Wall?
106. What's the capital of Belarus?
107. What's the capital of Montenegro?
108. Where can you find this bridge: the United States, Germany, or the Netherlands?
109. Where is Nepal?
110. What's the capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina?
111. Where are these pools located: Iceland, Denmark, or Turkey?
112. What's the capital of Austria?
113. What's the capital of Estonia?
114. What's the capital of Serbia?
115. Where is Eritrea: Africa, Asia, Europe?
116. What's the capital of Japan?
117. What's the capital of Latvia?
118. What is this famous landmark called: the Eiffel Tower, Tower of London, or Paris Spire?
119. What's the capital of Turkey?
120. What's the capital of Slovenia?
121. What is this famous temple called: Angkor Wat, Hagia Sophia, or Petra?
122. What's the capital of Bulgaria?
123. What's the capital of Finland?
124. What's the capital of North Macedonia?