The only game better than Quidditch? Trivia! We scoured the internet for the hardest Harry Potter trivia questions (from both the books and the movies) and compiled them all in one place.
If you're hosting the next Harry Potter trivia night, then these questions and answers are for you. Scroll to find out which of your friends is the biggest Potterhead!
1. Who is Harry's godfather?
2. What is Voldemort's real name?
Tom Marvolo Riddle
3. What is the British term for a nonmagical person?
4. Who is NOT in Gryffindor: Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Draco Malfoy, or Ginny Weasley?
5. What is Harry's middle name?
6. What year do Hogwarts students take O.W.L.s?
7. Who sent Harry his Firebolt?
8. Which Weasley dies during the final battle of Hogwarts?
9. What magazine does Xenophilius Lovegood publish?
10. Which incantation can levitate an object?
11. What did Harry do to get him temporarily expelled from Hogwarts?
He chases away dementors
12. What's the address of the Black family home?
12 Grimmauld Place
13. When is Harry's birthday?
14. What is the correct birth order of the Weasley children?
Bill, Charlie, Percy, Fred and George, Ron, Ginny
15. Who anonymously sends Harry his father's Invisibility Cloak on Christmas?
16. What is the animal symbol of Ravenclaw?
17. What is the name of Hagrid's boarhound dog?
18. And what about his pet dragon?
19. Who betrays Lily and James Potter: Moony, Professor Snape, Padfoot, or Wormtail?
20. What is the name of the Weasley family home?
21. What potion gives good luck to those who drink it?
22. What is the maiden name of sisters Lily Potter and Petunia Dursley?
23. Who is NOT in Slytherin: Lavender Brown, Pansy Parkinson, Blaise Zabini, or Greggory Goyle?
24. What day did James and Lily Potter die?
25. What class does Professor McGonagall teach?
26. Who does Bill Weasley marry?
27. What kind of wood is Harry's first wand made out of?
28. How many Horcruxes did Voldemort create intentionally?
29. Who wrote A History of Magic?
30. Who kills Dobby?
31. What house is Justin Finch-Fletchley in?
32. What does Hagrid use to channel the pieces of his wand once it's been broken?
A pink umbrella
33. How many players are on a Quidditch team?
34. What children's book contains the story of the Deathly Hallows?
The Tales of Beedle the Bard
35. Where is the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets hidden?
The girls' bathroom
36. What teleportation magic do sixth-years learn at Hogwarts?
37. What kind of magical creature is Aragog?
38. What is Ron's favorite Quidditch team?
39. When is Neville's birthday?
40. What is James Potter's Marauder nickname?
41. How is the Grey Lady related to Rowena Ravenclaw?
She's Rowena's daughter.
42. What does Charlie Weasley do for a living after graduation?
43. What name does Buckbeak get after being saved from execution?
44. What is Dean Thomas's favorite sport?
45. What does Harry do with his winnings from the Triwizard Tournament?
Gives it to the Weasley Twins
46. What is Voldemort's mother's name?
47. Who are the Chasers on the Gryffindor Quidditch team when Harry joins?
Alicia Spinnet, Angelina Johnson, and Katie Bell
48. Who is the first person to ever successfully break into Gringotts?
49. How is Bellatrix related to Tonks?
Tonks is Bellatrix's niece.
50. What family does Winky the house-elf belong to before working at Hogwarts?
The Crouch family
51. What is the full name of Nearly Headless Nick?
Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington
52. How old was the Sorcerer's Stone co-creator Nicolas Flamel when he decided to destroy it?
53. Monkshood and wolfsbane are the same plant, also known as what?
54. How many staircases does Hogwarts have?
55. In the Hall of Prophecy, there are rows and rows of glowing orbs. Which row contains the prophecy about Harry and Voldemort?
56. How many possible Quidditch fouls are there?
57. Dumbledore has a scar above his left knee that is a perfect map of what?
The London Underground
58. For Harry's 17th birthday, what color did Hermione turn the leaves of the Weasleys’ crabapple tree?
59. Cedric Diggory let Harry use the prefect's bathroom in The Goblet of Fire. What man's statue is next to the lavatory entrance?
Boris the Bewildered
60. In Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, how do Hermione, Harry, and Ron find Crookshanks?
He jumps on Ron's head at the Magical Menagerie.
61. What is the max speed of a Firebolt broomstick?
62. In the Quidditch World Cup, Ireland's team had three main chasers: Mullet, Troy, and Moran. Which one scored the first goal?
63. Voldemort stole Helga Hufflepuff's cup from an old woman named Hepzibah Smith. What was the name of her house-elf?
64. Ginny Weasley bought a pet Pygmy Puff from her older brothers' joke shop. What did she name it?
65. Who killed the Grey Lady?
The Bloody Baron
66. What was the name of the Quidditch team on the sock Mrs. Weasley tries to give to Harry?
67. What color is Teddy Lupin's hair when he is born?
68. Which scent attracts Hermione Granger?
Freshly mown grass, mint toothpaste, and fresh parchment
69. How many times did Gilderoy Lockhart win Witch Weekly's Most Charming Smile Award?
70. What is the core of Draco Malfoy's wand?
71. Who is the matron of the orphanage where Voldemort grows up?
72. What was the name of the orphanage where Lord Voldemort grew up?
73. In Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, whose portrait replaces the Fat Lady after she is attacked?
74. What does Professor Kettleburn wish to do after retiring from Hogwarts?
Enjoy more time with his remaining limbs
75. What is Lockhart's favorite color?
76. In Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, where were Harry, Hermione, and Ron coming from when they found Mrs. Norris petrified?
Nearly Headless Nick's Deathday Party
77. What does Hermione say Jupiter's largest moon is?
78. When did Harry learn Accio?
79. What is Lily Potter's birthday?
Jan. 30, 1960
80. What is Snape's birthday?
Jan. 9, 1960
81. Why did Hermione miss the lesson on Cheering Charms?
Draco's cruel behavior led her to miss the class.
82. In Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, in the Weasleys' magical clock, what are all of the hands pointed to when Harry arrives at the Burrow?
83. What does Ginny say Ron has a tattoo of?
A Pygmy Puff
84. What is the middle name of Harry's daughter, Lily?
85. In Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, where is the secret passage from Hogwarts to Honeydukes hidden?
Beneath the statue of the one-eyed witch
86. What is Ron's middle name?
87. Who is the second Peverell brother?
88. What is the magical equipment store in Hogsmeade?
Dervish and Banges
89. Who is the Hogwarts student who cursed herself to get rid of her acne?
90. Who is Neville Longbottom's father?
91. What is Ginny's full name?
92. What is the name of the all-female Quidditch team?
93. Who is the the third Peverell brother?
94. What is Hermione’s middle name?
95. Who is the catlike magical creature with the tail of a lion?
96. What is Dumbledore’s favorite Muggle sweet?
97. What does Mr. Weasley call Mrs. Weasley when they’re alone together?
98. What is the spell to turn off Lumos?
99. What is the color of Crookshanks’s fur?
100. Who is Nicolas Flamel’s wife?
101. What is the largest ball used in Quidditch?
102. What is Dumbledore’s favorite flavor of jam?
103. What is Professor Trelawney’s first name?
104. What is the number of Knuts in a Sickle?
105. Who are the employees of the Department of Mysteries?
106. Who is Bill and Fleur's eldest child?
107. What is Dumbledore's middle name?
"Percival Wulfric Brian"
108. What is the Christmas event held to celebrate the Triwizard Tournament?
109. Which house is Hannah Abbott sorted into?
110. In Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, what name does Harry give Stan when he gets on the Knight Bus?
111. What mascot do the Bulgarians bring to the Quidditch World Cup?
112. What does S.P.E.W. stand for?
Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare
113. What happened to Neville's parents?
They were tortured through the Cruciatus Curse and were then sent to St. Mungo's Hospital.
114. During the third task in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, what is the answer to the sphinx's riddle?
115. How was Rita Skeeter listening to private conversations at Hogwarts all year?
She's secretly an Animagus and can turn into a beetle, so she was hiding all around school.
116. What does the Howler that Aunt Petunia receives say?
"Remember my last, Petunia."
117. Who tells Harry about the Room of Requirement?
118. In Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, what is the name of the Muggle whom Voldemort kills inside the Riddle House?
119. How did Harry, Ron, and Hermione communicate to the other members of Dumbledore's Army that they were meeting?
Hermione created fake Galleons that show the date and time on the side.
120. While Neville is at St. Mungo's, what does his mom give him as a gift?
A gum wrapper
121. What is the name of the centaur that replaces Trelawney as the professor of Divination?
122. Why does the Order of the Phoenix move out of 12 Grimmauld Place after Sirius's death?
Even though Sirius left Harry the house, they were afraid the deed would pass to Bellatrix.
123. What nickname does Ginny give Fleur in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince?
124. How did Ginny end up at the Slug Club meeting on the Hogwarts Express?
Slughorn caught Ginny performing a really good hex.
125. During his first visit with Tom Riddle, what does Dumbledore have Tom take out of his wardrobe at the orphanage?
A box of stuff he stole from other children
126. While learning to Apparate, what are the "three D's" everyone must remember?
"Destination, determination, deliberation"
127. What's Ron's cover story as to why he's not at Hogwarts in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows?
He has a highly contagious case of spattergroit.
128. What fake name does Harry use while attending Bill and Fleur's wedding in disguise in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows?
129. After breaking into the Ministry of Magic, what does Harry steal from Umbridge's office in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows?
Moody's magical eye
130. What quote is written on James and Lily's grave in Godric's Hollow?
"The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death."
131. How do the Death Eaters find Harry, Hermione, and Ron in the forest before they are taken to Malfoy Manor in the book Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows?
Harry says Voldemort's name.
132. How does Peter Pettigrew die?
His silver hand strangles him after he shows Harry mercy.
133. What caused Ariana Dumbledore to stop using magic?
She was attacked by Muggle boys when she was 6 years old.
134. How do you get into Ravenclaw's common room?
You have to answer a question or riddle.
135. And finally, how do Lily and Snape meet for the first time?
Snape lived in the same town and introduced himself to Lily after he saw her doing magic.