People Shared Their Most Controversial Teen Movie Opinions, And Honestly, They're Pretty Wild
Charlie's friends from The Perks of Being a Wallflower were pretty horrible.
We asked the BuzzFeed Community to tell us their unpopular teen movie opinions. Here are the controversial results.
🚨 SPOILERS AHEAD 🚨
Important Note: I do *not* support every unpopular teen movie opinion listed below!!! I personally believe Saoirse Ronan was a star in Lady Bird, and no one can convince me otherwise.
1. "The Breakfast Club is far from relatable. Five white kids (three of whom are upper-middle class) venting about how being popular is hard? It was hard to watch."
2. "Lara Jean should've ended up with Josh in To All the Boys I've Loved Before. They were super cute together, and the only thing keeping her from dating him was Margo."
3. "And while we're at it, the To All the Boys movies were really boring and predictable. They had a ton of annoying characters — especially Lara Jean."
4. "Edward Cullen from the Twilight franchise was NOT creepy — he was actually really sweet to Bella."
5. "Lady Bird was a supremely overrated movie. The title character was sanctimonious, and Saoirse Ronan's performance was unremarkable."
6. "Dionne and Murray from Clueless were actually a horrible couple. He was way too controlling and downright rude to her."
7. "Sara wasn't that impressive of a dancer in Save the Last Dance."
8. "Charlie's friends sucked in The Perks of Being a Wallflower. They were selfish, careless, and expected way too much from a high school freshman dealing with his own personal trauma."
9. "Mean Girls 2 honestly wasn't that bad of a movie. It was pretty interesting, and might I say, was even better than the original."
10. "Noah from The Kissing Booth wasn't romantic at all — he constantly objectified and manipulated Elle."
11. "Isis had a good cheer squad in Bring It On, but Torrance deserved to win first place at the end of the movie for being so creative."
12. "The 'Thriller' dance scene from 13 Going on 30 was nothing special. I never understood the hype around it."
13. "The comedy in most of John Hughes' movies felt too forced, awkward, and out of place."
14. "The music and overall message in Grease 2 was far superior to the original's. Stephanie was an amazing character (unlike Sandy) and this is the unpopular hill I have chosen to die on."
15. "Clueless is the most overrated teen movie of all time."
16. And "Sharpay was the real villain of the High School Musical movies, not some underdog everyone makes her out to be today. She was really entitled and didn't care that people were negatively impacted by her actions."
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and clarity.