1. Oh hey, here's a human tower.
2. The Moscow games also featured hundreds of spectators creating a huge Masha the Bear image in the crowd.
3. During the 1992 winter Olympics in Albertville, France, each of the countries was represented by a snow globe. A person had to walk in a human-sized SNOW GLOBE.
*EXISTENTIAL CRISIS INTENSIFIES*
4. Also, this happened.
5. And why not have a guy jet-pack into the 1984 Los Angeles opening ceremony, NBD.
6. Here's Bjork singing at the 2004 Athens opening ceremony, in a dress that basically fills up the whole stadium.
7. Also, there were a bunch of people dressed like Greek statues, too.
8. Here's a bunch of people drumming in sync.
9. Gigantic jellyfish? Gigantic jellyfish.
10. Just some huge-ass inflatable Olympic rings.
11. Just a bunch of terrifying children in costumes representing the Olympic rings.
12. And ahhhhhh! What are these giant puppets?
13. When a large egg was hatched, whatever.
14. When these large, plush owls took center stage.
15. These ladies, who are dressed like big-ass flowers, were also there.
Happy opening ceremony, you guys!
Sign up for BuzzFeed's Rio Roundup newsletter to get the hottest news each day of the games!
If you can't see the signup box above, just go here to sign up!