1. The “Bear” Monologue Was Something Vince Vaughn Actually Said To Jon Favreau In Real Life
2. The Famous Sega NHL ‘94 Scene Actually Features NHL ‘93
They refer to the removal of fighting, but later show a player bleeding on the ice. Both fighting and players bleeding were removed for the 1994 game.
3. The Word “Fuck” Is Used 95 Times
4. The Production Couldn’t Pay Extras So All Party Scenes Were Actual Hollywood Parties
Screenwriters Mike White (The Good Girl and School of Rock) and Stephen Gaghan (Traffic and Syriana) can be seen at one of the parties.
5. Trent, Mikey, Sue, Rob, and Charles Each Represent A Different Member Of The Rat Pack
Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Peter Lawford, Joey Bishop, and Sammy Davis Jr respectively.
6. The Movie Is Based On Jon Favreau’s Experiences When He First Moved To LA
He had recently broken up with his girlfriend and needed his real life friends Vince Vaughn and Ron Livingston to talk him through his neuroses and cheer him up.
7. Director Doug Liman Had A Ton Of Interest From Studios Until He Insisted On Casting The Screenwriter And His Friends In The Leads
So Liman produced the film independently and Jon Favreau, Vince Vaughn, and company were never called “the screenwriter and his friends” again.
8. Vince Vaughn Got His Role In Jurassic Park: The Lost World Because Spielberg Had Seen Him In An Early Cut Of Swingers
When the production was trying to get permission to use the Jaws score in one scene.
9. Mikey’s Apartment In The Movie Was Jon Favreau’s Actual Apartment
Adam Scott was his downstairs neighbor.
10. The Man At The $100 Table And The Woman At The Low-Stakes Table Are Vince Vaughn’s Dad And Jon Favreau’s Mom Respectively
- Rick Perry, who famously wanted to abolish the Energy Department, said at his confirmation hearing to lead the Energy Department he now rejects "recommending its elimination."
- Vladimir Putin has used KGB tactics to seize on a rift between the US and Turkey, an effort to expand Russia's influence and divide NATO.
- Donald Trump's pick for treasury secretary, Steve Mnuchin, defended at his confirmation hearing using offshore tax shelters, saying it was an inevitable result of current tax codes.
- Been wondering why your friends now look like weird glamorous cartoons? That's thanks to Chinese selfie app Meitu. Say cheese 📸