32 Practical Accessories To Make Owning And Driving A Car An All Around Better Experience
Quit ~stalling~ and add these to your car(t)!
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A phone holder so you can keep both hands on the wheel and still be able to see the GPS. This one works with most smartphones, lets you adjust the angle, and makes it super easy to get your phone in and out.
2. A no-rinse carpet spot remover that'll get rid of those stains you thought were just a part of your car forever.
3. An adorable hanging diffuser to make your car smell like a spa on wheels. Choose from a variety of signature and seasonal scents, and get ready to impress your passengers.
4. Some lightweight and durable escape tracks in case your car decides to get trapped in the snow. I wish I'd gotten these sooner because once my car gets stuck, it's pretty adamant about...remaining stuck.
5. A set of car hooks so your bags and jackets don't have to spend the entire trip rolling around on the floor, dumping out their contents everywhere, and winding up covered in whatever grime has been hiding under your seats since the beginning of time.
6. A three-pocket folding car trunk organizer for anyone whose trunk has descended into full blown chaos. Strong Velcro keeps it secure while driving and it even folds down for easy storage when not in use.
7. A double-sided wheel desk so eating and working in your car can actually be comfortable! Plus, do restaurants usually have recliners?? I don't think so.
8. A super comfy memory foam chair cushion that your butt and back will thank you for on long drives.
9. A tiny trashcan – it fits right in your car's cup holder so you can stop just letting your trash fall into the mysterious, unexplored depths of your vehicle.
10. A wet and dry vacuum perfect for those hard-to-reach spots you usually give up on or spend WAY too long trying to clean.
11. A console side pocket that not only helps keep your phone and keys from falling into the dreaded space between the seats, but also includes a piggy bank for loose change, a longer pocket to hold items like your phone and wallet, AND an extra cupholder.
12. A windshield cover so you won't have to partake in everyone's favorite winter task: spending way too long standing in the cold and scraping ice and snow off of your windshield before every drive. "I just love shivering and being covered in snow every time I want to run to the store," said no one ever.
13. A blind spot mirror designed to help you merge a little more safely and keep an eye on those areas that are usually out of view.
14. A pair of pet hair-removing brushes in case your favorite passenger loves to shed all over your seats almost as much as they love to bark at the other dogs at stoplights.
15. And a quilted, water-resistant bench car seat cover to also help keep your seats from ending up covered in fur, mud, and who knows what else. Plus, it's padded and comfy for your pup which is really the most important thing.
16. A pack of six cable clips so that you don't have to choose between keeping your eyes on the road and digging for your charger that has managed to position itself just out of reach.
17. A stick-on shade to protect your eyes and keep your car nice and cool despite the scorching rays of sunshine that just won't quit.
19. A Tile Mate you can use as a key tracker if you are seriously always forgetting where you put your keys (and by you, I also mean me). Just attach it to your keys (or whatever else you always lose), and use the Tile app to make it ring loudly when it's within 200 feet.
20. A tough, extendable snow brush with a squeegee and ice scraper to quickly break through the iceberg that has somehow appeared on your windshield overnight.
21. A heated seat cushion made from super soft velour because once you've gotten a taste of life with seat warmers, you'll never want to go back. Plus, this one offers lumbar support so your lower back stays comfy (and toasty) even on long drives.
22. A game-changing car seat organizer complete with all the pockets you need to securely hold a tablet, cups, snacks, and anything else you might need on a road trip (probably just more snacks, but you do you).
23. A sleek two USB car charger that fits right into your cigarette lighter, because at this point, at least 50% of a car's appeal is as a giant traveling phone-charging device.
24. A set of all-season rubber floor mats so all of that snow, salt, and filth that inevitably finds its way inside your car doesn't ruin the floors.
25. A leak-proof trash can that easily straps to your center armrest OR around your headrest, has a rubber lid to keep trash covered, AND includes pockets for extra storage. Now the evidence of your late night fast food detour is out of sight and out of mind, instead of tumbling around the backseat for the next six months.
26. An auxiliary cable in case that one you've been using since high school is at that point in its lifecycle where it has to be positioned just so, or else it crackles, pops, and cuts out constantly while you're just trying to vibe to your music.
27. A travel road kit so that if disaster strikes unexpectedly, you'll be prepared with all the emergency essentials.
28. A Bluetooth car adapter in case your older car doesn't have an auxillary hookup or if you just wanna to go cord-free when listening to music or making calls.
29. A keychain car escape tool that can cut through seat belts and break car windows because, even though you hopefully never need it, it's always better to be prepared.
30. A huge, incredibly warm military wool blanket you can keep in the trunk in case of emergency. It also makes a great seat cover if you're riding with a pet, AND you'll always be prepared for a spontaneous picnic.
31. An easy-to-use digital tire inflator for the moment when your car decides to improve your day with that little dinging sound telling you your tire pressure is low. Fortunately, this thing plugs right into your car outlet and even includes attachments to inflate bike tires, air mattresses, balls, balloons, you name it!
32. A car windshield sunshade to keep your steering wheel from inflicting third-degree burns on your poor, innocent hands after your car's been parked in the sun for hours.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.