36 Baking Tools Essential For Basically Any Baker
Never bake another batch of cookies without a silicone mat again.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. This bakeware set so you can own all the basics of what you need to make your favorite yummy treats — endless cookies, cupcakes, and loaf cakes are just less than $30 away.
2. A glass mixing bowl set because what else are you gonna use to whisk eggs and mix ingredients? Plus, this set looks so simple yet ~professional~ that you might feel like you're on camera on your very own Food Network show every time you mix ingredients in these.
3. This handcrafted small canister perfect for storing chocolate chips or sprinkles in to top off your favorite homemade goodies.
4. A reusable silicone baking cup set that'll easily coerce your cupcakes and muffins out of the liner (and allow you to reuse 'em over and over and never pay for paper liners again).
5. This decorating tip kit for seriously upping your cake decorating skills. Your family will be totally stunned when you tell them that no, you did not just buy this cake from a fancy, schmancy bakery — you made it yourself.
6. A KitchenAid stand mixer that'll do all the hard work of mixing batter and dough. Plus, it'll just last you years and years and years.
7. This pastry blender so you can stop combining your croissant dough with a fork and start using something way more effective.
8. A silicone baking mat to help you avoid wrestling cookies off an un-greased baking sheet. Trust me, a silicone mat is way more convenient than measuring and cutting parchment paper you'll have to throw out once you're done baking.
9. This nonstick cooling rack to provide your freshly baked treats an appropriate spot to cool off — especially when you need to get 'em out of the way quickly so you can populate your baking sheet with a new batch for the oven.
10. A silicone pastry mat with measurements because you're tired of simply "eyeballing it" when you roll out your pie crust only to be left with dough that doesn't quite fit the pan properly.
11. This graduated-sized springform pan set to help you easily slide your cakes right out of the pan after they're done baking — seriously, your perfectly baked cheesecake will thank you.
12. A cookie cutter set filled with 101 shapes and letters so you can have no limit to the types of fun cookies you can create.
13. This pack of ceramic pie weights that'll help your bottom crust bake evenly and avoid shrinking or bubbling.
14. A lovely rotating cake stand to help you effortlessly frost every inch of your cake without practically climbing over the counter to do so.
15. This pie dish that's actually the perfect size and depth for baking classic pies so your treats don't end up being too deep or too shallow. Plus, it has a simple but beautiful look that'll make for a pretty presentation when you're done.
16. And this pie crust mold because it'll make it sooo easy to bake a pie with a beautiful, intricate crust that looks like you spent a really long time braiding them. In reality, all you'd do is press a strip of dough into the mold and voila!
17. A pack of three silicone spatulas to make mixing batter, folding dough, scraping the bowls, and decorating your baked treats quick and easy.
18. This pack of 12 gel food coloring jars to help you breathe some life into your baked goods with a little ~color~. The gel formula gives you more control to add as much or as little as you need for your desired shade.
19. A set of measuring spoons and measuring cups so you can always be sure you're pouring in the correct amount of vanilla extract, salt, or cream of tartar, and adding just the right amount of flour or sugar.
20. And this Pyrex measuring cup so you can always ensure that you're pouring exactly 3/4 of cup of oil or other liquid, and don't end up with a batter that's too runny or not thin enough.
21. Or a kitchen scale designed to give you suuuper precise measurements for the weight of your ingredients because baking is a science and you'd be surprised how much just a few extra grams of flour or butter can impact your final product.
22. This offset spatula that makes frosting a cake wayyyy easier than it would be with just a normal knife.
23. A decorating tool that'll help even beginner bakers create pro-level frosting designs on pies, cakes, brownies, and more.
24. This bread proofing bowl designed to keep moisture away from your dough so you end up with a nice, crispy crust. Plus, it includes a scraper and a washable linen cloth.
25. An egg separator because you're tired of trying to separate your egg whites by hand only to end up getting a good amount of yolk in there, too.
26. This set of two donut pans to make whipping up a dozen of your favorite ring-shaped treats wayyyy easier than it would be to shape the dough by hand.
27. A set of Star Wars-inspired cookie cutters perfect for bringing your love for the franchise to sweet, sweet life.
28. These edible gold stars so you can make your treats look absolutely gorgeous by doing nothing more than sprinkling a pinch of these pretty little things over the tops of cupcakes, cookies, and other desserts.
29. A brownie pan with a removable sectioning piece that'll practically eliminate the need for you to hand-cut the batch once it's done baking.
30. This ramekin perfect for baking and broiling individual servings of crème brûlée, lava cakes, and more. Hint: the more you have, the more you'll be able to bake!
31. A sleek hand mixer that actually has a stand for storing your device and your blades when you aren't using them. In addition to the storage base and standard beaters, it also comes with two dough hooks.
32. This little oven thermometer because it'll give you a more accurate reading on your oven temperature so when you follow your recipes to a T, you won't somehow be left with burnt cookie bottoms or a cheesecake with too many deep cracks on the top.
33. A pizza stone that'll help tonight's dinner cook more evenly so you don't end up with charred sections and all your hard work going to waste.
34. This dough scraper to help you get every last bit of pastry and bread dough off the cutting board when you knead it. It can also easily cut your dough into desired sections, and it also works for fruit and veggies!
35. A set of nonstick mini silicone loaf pans for all your banana bread baking needs. The silicone material makes it easy for your finished loaves to just pop right out of the pan.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.