1. In the wake of the Paris terror attacks Kay Burley provided some much needed humour when she tweeted about a dog with "sadness in his eyes".
2. Patrick Thistle FC unveiled a new and utterly terrifying mascot.
3. A cape malfunction caused Madonna to take a tumble at the Brit Awards.
5. Former Labour leader Ed Miliband developed a following among teens calling themselves the Milifandom.
6. Americans struggled to understand what a cheeky Nando's was, but luckily Britain was able to lend a helping hand.
7. Fifty Shades of Grey provided the perfect setup for a joke.
Note: Twitter's new layout for photos has now ruined this meme. Thanks, Twitter.