1. The Wachowskis Refuse To Take No For An Answer — Adam B. Vary
The iconoclastic filmmakers look back at their uncommon career, from Bound to The Matrix to their latest film, Jupiter Ascending. “Everybody wanted us to blow the Matrix up,” Andy Wachowski told BuzzFeed News.
2. Why Matthew Perry Can’t Quit — Kate Aurthur
After 10 years on Friends, Perry could have chosen to do whatever he wanted — but what he’s always wanted is to work, he told BuzzFeed News. With his reboot of The Odd Couple, the actor seems finally to have found the right role.
3. After 20 Years, “Friday” Is (Still) The Most Important Film Ever Made About The Hood — Kelley L. Carter
The stars and the director of this genre-busting sleeper hit — which is returning to theaters for one day to celebrate its 20th anniversary — talked to BuzzFeed News about why it still resonates.
4. Arnold Schwarzenegger Looks Back At The Roles That Redefined His Career — Alison Willmore
The action icon has broken into acting, then stardom, then comedy, then politics, and back again. He talked to BuzzFeed News about rebranding himself as a dramatic leading man in Maggie.
5. How “Love & Basketball” Changed The Way Black Audiences Saw Themselves Onscreen — Kelley L. Carter
In 2000, this romantic drama about two young black basketball stars in love broke ground by daring to not make itself about race. Fifteen years later, the cast and director talked to BuzzFeed News about the movie’s legacy of promoting gender equality, black affluence, and the fine art of faking a layup.
6. How “Don’t Tell Mom The Babysitter’s Dead” Went From D.O.A. To Beloved Cult Classic — Jarett Wieselman
Nearly 25 years after its unceremonious release, the stars and the creative minds behind the dark comedy talked to BuzzFeed News about hating the title, the stars who backed out (like Jennifer Love Hewitt), the franchise that almost was, and the loss of one of their own.
7. The Curious Case Of Susan May Pratt — Jarett Wieselman
“It’s kind of disappointing to have one’s career peak in your mid-twenties and have it be a downhill slide since,” the star of 10 Things I Hate About You, Drive Me Crazy, and Center Stage told BuzzFeed News.
9. Behind-The-Scenes Casting Secrets From “Gossip Girl,” “Arrow,” And More — Jarett Wieselman
David Rapaport has helped cast Gossip Girl, 90210, Arrow, and The Flash. For the first time, he talked to BuzzFeed News about auditioning the actors who became iconic faces of The CW.
11. Tom Hanks Reveals The Movies That Have Meant The Most To Him — Jaimie Etkin
Before his latest movie Bridge of Spies hit theaters, Tom Hanks and director Steven Spielberg sat down with BuzzFeed News to look back on the roles that got him there, from Splash to Saving Private Ryan.
12. Steven Spielberg Reveals The Movies That’ve Meant The Most To Him — Jaimie Etkin
Just before the release of his latest movie Bridge of Spies, the prolific director looked back on his first movie, how he changed filmmaking with one mechanical shark, and the films he made with his frequent collaborator, Tom Hanks, for BuzzFeed News.
13. The Movie That Taught A Generation Of Misfits To Let Their Freak Flags Fly — Louis Peitzman
The 2003 movie musical Camp showed theater geeks how to own their outcast status. Director and writer Todd Graff, the cast, and Stephen Sondheim told BuzzFeed News how the film no one wanted to make turned into a queer cult classic.
14. The Director Of “Twilight” Reveals Some Things You Probably Never Knew – Kate Aurthur
In an interview with BuzzFeed News, Twilight director Catherine Hardwicke shared its secrets.
15. The Triumphs And Mistakes That Got J.J. Abrams Ready For “Star Wars” — Kate Aurthur
With the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Abrams looked back at the movies that got him here with BuzzFeed News — from the scale of Mission: Impossible III to his frustrations with Star Trek Into Darkness.
- The US Department of Justice will keep defending Muslims under Donald Trump, top Obama administration officials said Monday.
- The UK prison service is suppressing evidence of corruption among its guards, fueling violence behind bars.
- Facebook, Microsoft, Twitter, and YouTube are teaming up to target and remove terrorist content on their platforms 💻📌
- Nordstrom is selling a stone wrapped in a leather case for $85 and people are…confused ⁉️😂